I am a big believer in the potent and powerful cleansing system inherit in each of our bodies. The problem is over time we over eat and / or eat too much fatty, greasy food that are toxins to our body. It slows down our digestive system, clogs our pores, and clouds our judgement of what we think our bodies require. Really, all we need are some healthy ingredients and let mother nature do her thing. Juicing has incredible healing power and juice cleansing has the potential to catalyze. The following beet juice recipe will help you kick start your metabolism and help detox those dirty toxins from your kidney.
There of many benefits of beet juice. The follow are a few beet juice benefits and beet juice nutrition facts:
- high folic acid
- high manganese
- high vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin C
- healing powers for anemia, liver, skin, kidneys, lymphatic circulation, tiredness, eye, liver, skin problems, detoxification, cancer
- kill fungi
- strong antioxidant
- anti inflammatory propperties
- reliefs skin problems
Beet juice goes well with carrots, cucumber and celery. But I find beet juice goes best with apples, lemon, lime. I use my handy Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus and the follow beet juice recipe takes only 10 mins to prepare and make.
Beet Juice Recipe:
Serves two 250ml cup
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 3 Beet Bulbs (skin removed)
- 2 Apples
- wash and remove skin from beets. Remove root ends and cut in quarters before putting into the juicer.
- wash and cut apple in quarters.
- cut lemon and lime in half and juice (depending how tart you like your beet juice, add as desired after the you are done juicing)
- Add carrot, cucumber, parsley as desired.
Notes: I like to add a splash of lime because it brightens and lifts the beet juice. It adds a refreshing flavor that compliments the lemon.
Apples reduces inflammation and sweetens the drink. Apples are full of Pectin that binds to and eliminates toxins from the gut as well as helping to reduce high cholesterol, again by binding to it and removing it from the body.
Lemon are great for cleansing and detoxifying the body, especially the liver and kidneys. The acid scours the intestinal tract; eliminating toxins; neutralizing harmful bacteria.
Limes are great for healing aches and pains, and cleansing the system. The acid scours the intestinal tract; eliminating toxins; neutralizing harmful bacteria. Limes are high in vitamin A and C, folate, and beta-carotene, Zinc, selenium, bioflavonoids, and citric acid.