Hawthorn Goji Berry Tea 山楂杞子茶 is excellent for several reasons. This tea is perfect when you have overeaten. It quickly improves digestion when you feel bloated with food stagnation. The sweet and tangy tart berries are well balanced and delicious drunk hot or cold!
About Hawthorn Berries
I remember eating these little hawthorn flakes when I was a kid. It was tart, tangy and just sweet enough to trick a kid thinking it was candy! I never knew what a real Hawthorn looked like or questioned where it came from. But sure I loved those little hawthorn flakes that comes wrapped in paper.
Hawthorn berry desserts are important winter delicacies in Northern China. This small bright red fruit resembles a tiny apple: white flesh but less juicy than an apple. It is tart with an astringent flavour if eaten raw, so it is usually cooked or made into desserts or candied snacks - ex. tanghulu 糖葫芦.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHINESE HERBS
枸杞子/ Goji Berries (Lycium Chinense) – In TCM, the Goji Berry is typically used to nourish the blood, tonifies the Yin by entering the kidney and liver channels. This wonderful tonic herb promotes longevity, anti-ageing, brightens the eyes and moistens the lungs. Goji berries help treat anemia insomnia, tinnitus, diabetes and impaired vision such as glaucoma. Goji Berries are also known as Matrimony Vine Fruit, for its aphrodisiac effect! For Western culinary, try adding goji berries to your oatmeals or energy raw bars.
Wolfberry Berries are rich in polysacharides, betaine, sesquiterpenes, vitamin A, B-1,2, C, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zeaxanthin, physalein, and linolein acid. Warm-type constitutions.
山楂/红果捞 / Hawthorn (Lycium Chinense) – Hawthorn berries are great at improving digestion and reducing food stagnation. It invigorates the blood and regulates blood pressure, lowers cholesterol and body fat.
The berry itself is warm in nature with a sweet and sour tastes; target the spleen, stomach, heart and liver. Hawthorn berries are the most often used herb in the TCM treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE SEE HOW YOU WENT WITH MY RECIPES! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSSPrint
HAWTHORN GOJI BERRY WELLNESS TEA 山楂杞子茶
Hawthorn Goji Berry Tea 山楂杞子茶 is an excellent for several reasons. This Chinese medicinal food therapy tea is perfect when you have overeaten. It quickly improves digestion when you feel bloated with food stagnation. The sweet and tangy tart berries are well balanced and delicious drunk hot or cold!
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 2 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Tea, Chinese Medicinal Food Therapy
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Chinese, Chinese Medicinal Food Therapy
- Boil hot water.
- Wash all your dried ingredients.
- Add the Hawthorn berries and goji berries into Buydeem health care beverage tea maker.
- Set to dessert mode and steep for 60 mins.
- Or boil together in water on high heat for 15 mins then simmer for 45 mins.
- Stir in rock sugar to your desired sweetness.
- Serve and best to enjoy while hot. Or chill in fridge for cold drink in the summer!
- Adding a little sugar to this drink will reduce the sourness and it's acidity and soothe the stomach.
- Serving Size: 1500 ml
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 16.7 g
- Sodium: 25.4 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Hawthorn Goji Berry Tea, 山楂杞子茶, 山楂, 杞子, Chinese Medicinal Food Therapy, TCM, Herbal, Improves digestion, regulates blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, body fat, treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
Pin the above image to your Chinese Cuisine Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
MORE CHINESE WELLNESS RECIPES:
- RED DATE LONGAN GOJI TEA 紅棗桂圓杞子茶
- RED BEAN SOUP INSTANT POT 蓮子百合紅豆沙
- DOUBLE-STEAMED SNOW PEAR WITH FRITILLARIA BULB RECIPE | 川貝燉雪梨
- HOJICHA OAT MILK ICE CREAM (NO CHURN, EGG FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- BLUEBERRY LEMON ZEST COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM
- KETO FRIENDLY BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!