This post is sponsored by BC Chicken Marketing Board , and I have been compensated monetarily. All views and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Nomss in the kitchen!
When it comes to comfort home cooking, this Cantonese dish is delicious, juicy, tender and pulls all your childhood heartstrings. This 臘腸冬菇滑雞煲仔飯 Steamed Chicken with Chinese Mushrooms and Sausages Claypot Rice recipe is so easy to make, and your whole family will enjoy it! This is excellent served with plain white jasmine rice. We bet you can't eat just one bowl!
臘腸冬菇滑雞煲仔飯是我蠻喜歡的一道菜。這個食譜簡單，窩心, 人人都愛吃的家常菜！特別我們用了口感十足的台灣土雞 (走地雞)。所以我想給大家分享一下！希望大家會喜歡！
What Kind of Chicken to Use
When it comes to steaming chicken, we like to use Specialty Asian Chickens like Loong Kong Chicken or Taiwanese Chicken from BC Chicken's partner brands.
Why Choose BC Chickens?
- No hormones or steroids are fed to BC chickens.
- All birds are free to roam in the barns and are considered “free run”.
- Their barns are thoroughly cleaned between each flock and all BC Chicken farmers participate in Chicken Farmers of Canada’s Animal Care program that includes strong requirements, annual audits, mandatory regulations and enforcement measures.
You can visit their bcchicken.ca to learn more.
I prefer to use whole chickens and make extra for leftovers. The Specialty Asian Chickens' flavour is robust and is sold in the marketplace with their feet and head attached. I prefer to use whole chickens, make extra for leftovers, and make a soothing pot of soup.
Specialty Asian Chickens Differences
What are the differences in the type of chicken breeds sold? And how should I select the type of chicken to use?
Taiwanese Chicken 台灣土雞 (走地雞): Leanest. Great for soup making.
Canada Chicken 加美雞: Good ratio of lean and fat. Suitable for general dishes.
Loong Kong Chicken 龍崗雞: Meatier, fatter, and has more yellow skin (yellow oil) - suitable for baking, air-frying, and roasting.
Silkie Chicken 竹絲雞: This black/purple chicken is known for its health benefits in Traditional Chinese Medicine - immune-boosting and tonifies the meridians. Suitable for making a bowl of nourishing soup.
特產亞洲雞、比如說、台灣土雞 (永達走地雞)、 加美雞、走地龍崗雞、竹絲雞、是品質最佳、口感十足。
How To Prepare The Chicken
For this recipe we used WingTat's Canada Chicken 加美雞 for their consistency in meat to fat ratio...
Clean the chicken and remove inners. Pat dry and rub some salt all over the chicken inside and out. Let air dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
Pro Tip: Rest your bird on a clean 1L glass milk jar or wine bottle.
How To Marinate The Chicken
When you are ready to steam the chicken, add a few slices of ginger too.
Pro Tip: Do not add the ginger to your chicken too long because it will spoil and turn the meat mushy if left on for too long. Add it just before you are ready to steam it.
How To Steam Chinese Sausage
There are many varieties and flavours of Chinese sausages available on the market. The most common is made with pork sausage 白油腸 or liver sausage 鮮潤腸 made with pork and chicken liver. My preference is to use one of each type of Chinese sausage.
The most common and straightforward way to cook Chinese sausage is to steam it in the rice cooker - add it in together with your uncooked rice.
When you steam the sausage in the rice, the rice absorbs all the robust flavours and fat from the Chinese sausage. It also makes for an easy and convenient side.
For the purpose of this recipe, wash and slice the Chinese sausages diagonally, and set them aside.
Cook for about 3 minutes on medium high heat so the water starts to reduce slightly.
How To Steam The Chicken
How long does it take to steam chicken? It takes about 30 minutes to cook the chicken.
If you choose to steam the chicken without claypot rice, bring water to a boil and place in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over water.
Steam chicken until juices run clear for about 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
Pro Tip: You can use a trivet rack stand to raise the plate.
Alternatively, for convenience I prefer to steam in my steam convection oven for 30 minutes.
將雞一起和臘腸, 冬菇, 潤腸, 蒸30分鐘。
喜歡芫茜(香菜)的人， 比如是我呢， 會加很多很多的!
How To Cook Chicken Claypot Rice
If you choose to cook the chicken in the claypot, set the stovetop to medium high heat.
Cook for about 3 minutes on medium high heat so the water starts to reduce.
Cover the claypot and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn of the heat and let rest for another 15 minutes on the stovetop.
Pro Tip: If you prefer crispy rice, after 10 minutes. Set the temperature to low heat instead of turning it off. Heat each side of the pot for approximately 5 minutes; rotating the claypot each time to the crispiness is evenly distributed - total cooking time 10 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the oven after it is steam cooked. Rest for a few minutes.
Garnish with cilantro or finely chopped green onions.
Drizzle some sweet soy sauce to your rice.
Enjoy and serve hot.
將煲仔每邊燒多5分鐘 - 整個過程大約10分鐘。
之後加上點綴 - 薑絲, 芫茜(香菜), 蔥。
Claypot Rice Soy Sauce
Mix together light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and sugar.
Add vegetable oil to a wok on medium-heat heat. Let simmer.
Add in garlic cloves, and green onion and simmer for a few minutes. Stirring frequently to avoid burning.
Add in soy sauce mixture and water.
Boil in low-medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Pro Tip: water to soy sauce base ratio is 2:1
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE SEE HOW YOU WENT WITH MY RECIPES! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSSPrint
When it comes to comfort home cooking, this Cantonese dish is delicious, juicy, tender and pulls all your childhood heartstrings. This 臘腸冬菇滑雞煲仔飯 Steamed Chicken with Chinese Mushrooms and Sausages Claypot Rice recipe is so easy to make, and your whole family will enjoy it! This is excellent served with plain white jasmine rice. We bet you can’t eat just one bowl!
臘腸冬菇滑雞煲仔飯是我非常受歡迎的一道菜。這個食譜簡單，窩心, 人人都愛吃的家常菜！特別我們用了口感十足的台灣土雞 (走地雞)。所以我想給大家分享一下！希望大家會喜歡！
STEAMED CHICKEN 臘腸冬菇滑雞煲仔飯:
- ½ whole chicken, cut into pieces 半隻雞 (斬成小塊)
- 1 Chinese Pork Sausage thinly sliced 一條臘腸, 斬片
- 1 Chinese Liver Sausage thinly sliced 一條潤腸, 斬片
- 3-4 Chinese Mushrooms, sliced 3-4隻浸了的冬菇，切片
- 1 bunch Cilantro 芫茜 適量 (點綴)
- 3 stalks green scallions 蔥 適量 (點綴)
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce 生抽 3湯匙
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce 老抽 2湯匙
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine 紹興酒 2湯匙
- 1 tsp white pepper 白胡椒粉 1茶匙
- 1 tsp ginger powder 沙薑粉 1茶匙
- 1 tbsp sesame oil 麻油(香油) 1湯匙
- 1 tsp sugar 糖 1茶匙
- dash of salt 鹽 適量
- 2 inch ginger, thinly sliced 薑片 適量
- 3 stalks green scallions 蔥 適量切粒
CLAYPOT RICE SOY SAUCE 煲仔飯豉油材料:
- Clean the chicken and remove inners.
- Pat dry and rub some salt all over the chicken inside and out. Let air dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 20 mins with grounded white pepper, ginger powder, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, and a dash of sugar.
- While the chicken is marinating, wash and slice the Chinese sausages diagonally, and set them aside. [Skip to Step 8 if you are not using the claypot method.]
- Wash and rinse 250g of white jasmine rice. Add the rice and an equal amount of water (250ml) into the claypot.
- Add sliced dried Chinese mushrooms that have been rehydrated overnight. Read our post on how to prepare dried Chinese Mushrooms.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on medium-high heat, so the water starts to reduce slightly.
- Add the Chinese mushrooms and sausages, marinated chicken and a few slices of ginger to the claypot—steam on 300F for 30 to 35 minutes.
Claypot Rice Soy Sauce:
- Mix together light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and sugar.
- Add vegetable oil to a wok on medium-heat heat. Let simmer.
- Add in garlic cloves, and green onion and simmer for a few minutes. Stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Add in soy sauce mixture and water.
- Boil in low-medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- 抹點香油在雞皮上，放涼後斬成小塊。加入醃料, 匀腌制备用。醃至少20分鐘。
- 20分鐘後，將全隻雞蒸30分鐘。將臘腸冲洗干净, 浸五分鐘後去衣，斬成小塊。
- 清洗白米，加水, 放進煲仔裡用中火煮。
- 先將冬菇斬片, 放進米內，煮三分鐘便滾了。
- 將雞一起和臘腸, 冬菇, 潤腸, 蒸30分鐘。
- 30分鐘後, 加上芫茜。
- 喜歡芫茜(香菜)的人， 比如是我呢， 會加很多很多的!清洗白米，注入熱水拌勻，蓋上鍋蓋開大火煮5分鐘。
- 先將冬菇斬片, 放進米內, 煮3分鐘便滾了。
- 將煲仔每邊燒多5分鐘 – 整個過程大約10分鐘。
- 之後加上點綴 – 薑絲, 芫茜(香菜), 蔥。
- 加入豉油材料, 用小火煮滾後待涼備用.
- You can use a trivet rack stand to raise the plate.
- Use poultry shears to help clean cut with poultry bones.
- Alternatively, for convenience, I prefer to steam in my steam convection oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven after it is steam cooked. Rest for a few minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
- If you prefer crispy rice, after 10 minutes. Set the temperature to low heat instead of turning it off. Heat each side of the pot for approximately 5 minutes; rotating the claypot each time to the crispiness is evenly distributed – total cooking time 20 minutes.
- Claypot Soy Sauce: do not cook soy sauce with high heat as this will burn and turn it acidic.
- Serving Size: 1 claypot
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 2597.2 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6 g
- Protein: 26.5 g
- Cholesterol: 73 mg
Keywords: Chicken, Chinese Chicken, Specialty Asian Chicken Breeds, Taiwanese Chicken, Loong Kong Chicken, Canada Chicken, BC Chicken Board, Steam, Claypot, Silkie Chicken, 臘腸, 冬菇, 滑雞煲仔飯, 煲仔飯, dinner ideas, healthy chinese recipes, 永達, 台灣土雞, 走地雞, 加美雞, 走地龍崗雞
PIN THE ABOVE IMAGE TO YOUR CHINESE FOOD RECIPE BOARD TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE OUR RECIPES WITH YOU!
MORE CHINESE RECIPES:
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!