I love Chinese soup. I love it not only for its nourishing and edible medicinal properties but also because its home comforts elements. I'm a new wife and I am learning to cook more Chinese dishes, specifically learning to make more Chinese soups. To me, Chinese soup symbolizes "home". I want make a variety of Chinese soup (not just green radish and carrot soup that my mom only knows how to make). Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup with peanuts and pork bones 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯. With Winter here, our bodies crave more nourishment, moisture and hydration.
Black Moss Fat Choy Black Eye Beans Peanuts with Pork Bone Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯 is rich in protein, potassium and iron. It is hearty and earthy. Often you will notice a red oil film forming on top of the soup. This is normal and no need to be alarmed.
The soup color is dark when made with pork bone and a milk white color if you choose to use chicken feet. Both pork bone or chicken feet can be substituted interchangeably. Typically I would have pork bone or ribs handy in the freezer. For chicken feet, I prefer to buy fresh from the butcher (instead to defrost).
- nourishing body and lungs
- dispels excess dampness / moisture from the body
- neutral soup ideal for everyone
Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup | 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯
Black Moss Fat Choy Black Eye Beans Peanuts with Pork Bone Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯 is rich in protein, potassium and iron. It is hearty and earthy. Nourishing soup for the winter season.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil, InstantPot
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Soak Fat Choy Black Moss in water and dd two drops of oil to clean (drain well)
- Blanch pork bones in hot water
- Fill clay pot with water to 80% water level, bring to boil and add all ingredients except for black moss
- Boil on high heat for 3 hours
- Reduce to medium heat for another 2 hours
- Add in black moss the last 30 minutes of your cook time
- Add pinch of salt for taste
- Serve hot
The same results can be achieved in an Instantpot. Set to manual high pressure mode for 1 hour.
Keywords: Black Moss, Black Eye Bean, Soup, 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯, chinese, recipes, nourishing, wellness, pork bone
Pin the above image to your Chinese recipe board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
more: Phnom Penh Cambodian Style Chicken Wings | Stir Fry Okra with Black Fungus 秋葵炒雲耳 | Pig Trotter with Black Vinegar and Ginger Recipe 豬腳薑醋 | Best Seafood Clam Chowder Recipe | Braised Beef Brisket Recipe