Do yourself a favour and make this easy but absolutely delicious vegetable recipe! Perfectly oven-baked allergy-friendly nut-free Legendary 'Dukkah" Roasted Carrots with Homemade Labneh! Bye-bye, boring carrots! Hello, flavour! You never knew carrots could look this good!
How to Roast Carrots in the Oven?
Perfectly roasted carrots are easy to bake, and it takes only 18 mins at 500F! For a simple carrots recipe, simply toss the root vegetable with oil and seasoning and place it on the top rack.
You do not even need to peel carrots before roasting! I particularly love the rustic taste.
If you love garlic, you mince few cloves of garlic and turn it into garlic roasted carrots instantly!
Roasted carrots are good for weight loss and lower cholesterol level and improved eye health. Carrots are a good source of beta carotene, Vitamin A and rich in fibre. It is one of the healthiest way to cook carrots!
If you are on a diet and want to lose weight, carrots are a weight-loss-friendly vegetable that cleanses the liver, which is a great detoxifying diet.
Another great way is to add carrot juice to your diet to lose belly fat effectively.
I like to diagonally cut carrots for roasting if they are too thick. Medium sized carrots are perfect for roasting and baking in the oven!
What is the Best Temperature for Roasting Vegetables?
If you Google 'What is the best temperature for roasting vegetables?', many websites will suggest 400 degrees Fahrenheit as "The perfect temperature" for most roasted vegetables.
However, I prefer to roast my adolescent carrots at 500F on top rack. It allows for a crispy, perfectly charred exterior and a fork-tender interior.
What is Dukkah?
Duqqa / du'ah / do'a / or dukkah is an Egyptian and Middle Eastern condiment consisting of a mixture of herbs, nuts, and spices.
What is Dukkah made of?
What Can I Use Instead of Dukkah?
But for those with nut allergies, I substitute with Eve's Crackers (Black Sesame, Chili Pepper Pumpkin Seed, and Savoury Sunflower), added cayenne pepper, celery salt, paprika, garlic powder and a dash of nutritional yeast for a big pop of Umami Flavour Dust.
I like to make a jar and keep it on standby - sprinkle it on vegetables, toast and avocados!
What is the Difference Between Labneh and Yogurt?
What is Labneh and how do you make Labneh? Thick, tangy and creamy labneh (also known as labnah or labne) is just yogurt cheese. Labneh is strained yogurt' made by straining yogurt until it loses most of its liquid. Its texture is like soft cream cheese.
It is best eaten with savoury ingredients. It also goes perfectly with roasted carrots! It instantly brightens the whole dish!
Let's get started to make the Best Roasted Carrots ever!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE SEE HOW YOU WENT WITH MY RECIPES! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSSPrint
Do yourself a favour and make this easy but absolutely delicious vegetable recipe! Perfectly oven-baked allergy-friendly nut-free and Legendary ‘Dukkah” Roasted Carrots with Homemade Labneh! Bye-bye, boring carrots! Hello, flavour! You never knew carrots could look this good!
- 3 tablespoon homemade Labneh or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoon Umami Flavour Dust 'Dukkah'
- 12-15 medium carrots, peeled and sliced in half if too thick
- 1-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, rough chop
Umami Flavour Dust 'Dukkah'
Umami Flavour Dust:
- In a large zip lock bag, place 1 large piece each of Eve's Crackers ‘ Black Sesame Crackers, Chili Pepper Pumpkin Seed, and Savoury Sunflower crackers.
- Add ¼ teaspoon each of cayenne pepper, celery salt, paprika, garlic powder and a dash of nutritional yeast.
- Seal the zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin and shake everything together.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Add salt into the yogurt. Mix well.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with a cheesecloth and place onto of a bowl. There will be lots of excess liquid drained into the bowl.
- Add the yogurt on top of the lined strainer and over with saran wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with olive oil the next day to help preserve it.
- Store in an airtight container.
Legendary ‘Dukkah” Roasted Carrots
- Toss carrots in olive oil and roast for 18mins at 500F (top rack)
- Take a big heaping spoonful of labneh or plain Greek yogurt and spread onto a plate.
- Place the roasted carrots on top.
- Sprinkle Umami Flavour Dust on top.
- Drizzle olive oil
- Garnish with cilantro
- Serves and enjoy hot!
Keywords: dukkah recipe, middle eastern recipes, egypt, carrots, roasted carrots, yogurt, labneh, vegetarian, strained yogurt
PIN THE ABOVE IMAGE TO YOUR HEALTHY RECIPE BOARD TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE OUR RECIPES WITH YOU!
MORE VEGAN RECIPES:
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!