The best blueberry smoothie just needs 5 ingredients! You're going to love this LOW-CARB KETO FRIENDLY smoothie with coconut milk. It is ready in less than 5 minutes!
This blueberry smoothie recipe with Thai Coconut Milk is creamy, nourishing and absolutely satisfying! It is perfect for a quick breakfast or a post workout recovery! It is packed full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and folate for a healthy boost to your immune system!
Some of you know that I’ve been on a #Ketodiet for about a month now. Following a low-carb lifestyle isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Often times I’m surprised how I don’t really miss sugar and carbs. The only that it really did suck was when I got the "Keto-flu." - more on that later...
I love my smoothies but I realized that the ones I used to make before KETO was full of carbs and sugary fruits like bananas and pineapples - don't get me wrong, they are absolutely indulgent and delicious - but it just doesn't really fit my macros currently!
At first, my first Keto Friendly smoothies I made didn’t taste very good. BUT THIS BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE with Thai Coconut Milk is BOMB!!! I LOVE using my Vitamix blender. It literally pulverized everything in a matter of seconds!
What I love about making smoothies is that it is highly customizable. To be honest, I often do not follow a recipe and will just wing it. However, now that I am trying to follow this low-carb diet/lifestyle, I need to ensure that it is within 5% of carbs and that it will fit into my macros. So I calorie count! It is so important to know exactly what your Net Carb intake is for the day. I would hate to be kicked out of ketosis (when I'm not on a cheat day!)
Blueberries - fresh or frozen. Both are an excellent choices. Unless it is in season, I usually use frozen blueberries. They are perfect to chill your smoothie too! That way I don't have to use ice cubes!
Milk - To keep it vegan friendly, I like to use unsweetened Thai coconut milk because of the high-fat content. 1 cup alone has 36g of fat and 6g of net carbs. Sometimes I like to use Califia almond or cashew milk also.
If you have enough time at home, I highly recommend making your own nut milk also! I recommend soaking 1 cup worth of almonds for example and only blend for that personal cup. Making small batches prevents the nut milk from spoiling quickly!
I also recommend using milk alternatives (such as coconut milk, almond milk, pea milk, or oat milk) instead of regular cow's milk because cow's milk has a high percentage of naturally occurring sugars (lactose) and it will increase your carbohydrate level!
Protein Powder - I am a big fan of Withinus Plant + TruMarine Collagen. It is an excellent source of clean, complete protein (25g of protein) and has Certified Organic Fermented Pea, Sacha Inchi, Sprouted Brown Rice, Sprouted Quinoa. You can, of course, substitute with your favourite protein powder!
Oils: If you don't have any MCT oil you can simply use coconut oil. The reason why I suggest MCT oil, as the name suggests, medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil, contains medium-length chains of fats called triglycerides; it is easily absorbed and transported throughout the body; helps promotes weight loss and provides an instant source of energy to fuel your brain!
Health Benefits of Blueberries
- Low in calories but high in nutrients - the most nutrient dense berries. One cup (148 gram) serving of blueberries contains 4 grams Fiber, 24% RDI Vitamin C, 36% RDI Vitamin K and 25% RDI of Maganese.
- Antioxidants - excellent source of antioxidants that protects your body from free radicals.
- Reduces Cholesterol - blueberries help reduce a predominant risk factor for heart disease by preventing oxidative damage to “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- Anti-Diabetes Effect - helps to improve insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels.
This VEGAN & KETO FRIENDLY Blueberry smoothie with Thai Coconut Milk is packed full of antioxidants, Vitamin Cs, healthy fat and is follows a low-carb lifestyle!
- Blend well on high speed for 40 seconds & enjoy!
- This smoothie gives you plenty of energy and the ingredients can be substituted. Ex. substitute coconut milk with Almond Milk or Cashew Milk. You can choose to use your protein powder, etc.
- can substitute for other berries like blackberry, raspberry or strawberry - they have similar carbohydrate content!
- Milk alternatives: a substitute for almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk. Avoid cow's milk because they have a high naturally occurring sugar content from lactose.
- Serving Size: 1 cups
- Calories: 817
- Sugar: 60.8 g
- Sodium: 72.6 mg
- Fat: 46 g
- Carbohydrates: 86.3 g
- Protein: 23.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Vegan smoothie, Keto-friendly smoothie, blueberry smoothie recipe, Keto diet, healthy recipes
Pin the above image to your Smoothie Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!