Enjoy the pleasant aroma of Japanese roasted green tea with this easy to make Hojicha Oat Milk Ice Cream Recipe. All it takes is 5 minutes!
What I love about my Hojicha Ice Cream recipe is that it almost doesn’t need to be made ahead of time. It uses a no-churn method. It is dairy-free and egg-free. You can make it anytime as long as you have some frozen milk ice cubes in your freezer! So I like to keep a tray of frozen oat milk ice cubes handy!
Instead of steeping hojicha tea leaves in heavy cream, I like to use Hojicha powder from Hojicha Co. Hojicha Powder perfectly dissolves easily into filtered water to create rich and creamy Japanese roasted green tea lattes while retaining its unique flavour and aroma. I like to this battery milk frother for best results!
Save 15% with our promo code “Nomss15” or enter to win a bag of Hojicha powder in our contest below!
I love making ice cream desserts with my Vitamix blender. This cold and creamy, aromatic ice cream only requires 5 minutes and 3 ingredients!
You can use milk or your choice of milk alternative. I used Earth’s Own Oat Milk (unsweetened) for a nice neutral base and a dash of pure vanilla extract as a sweetener.
If you want to get fancy, you can also drizzle some sweetened condensed milk to lightly sweeten the deal. The slight crunch the condense milk gets when it is flash-frozen against the freshly made ice cream is SO delicious!
Adding chocolate chips or Skors candy bar bites also is very fun!
Have you tried hojicha before? Let me know in the comments below or tag me on Instagram @instanomss if you’ve made this recipe. I’d love to see your creations~Print
This quick and easy to make delicious Hojicha Ice Cream recipes requires just 3 ingredients! You’re going to love this easy to make, no churn ice cream recipe that can be ready to eat in less than 5 mins! This insanely creamy, egg-free and can be made dairy-free!
- Add ingredients in the order above into the Vitamix blender. Liquids first, then powder and frozen items.
- Blend on high for 40 seconds and slowly increase speed to high. Stirring occasionally with the tamper to keep pressing the ingredients towards the blade for a smooth, even blend.
- Serve immediately.
- Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk if desired and enjoy!
- If you are feeling fancy, you can chop up some of your favourite chocolate chips and fold into the ice cream after it you have finished blending.
- Make your favourite milk alternative if desired. Use in place of the oat milk and milk ice cubes.
- If serving later, pre-portion ice cream into bowls and place in the freezer for quick thawing.
Keywords: no churn ice cream, ice cream recipe, hojicha ice cream, hojicha powder, roasted green tea, vitamix recipes, desserts, egg-free, dairy-free, Vegan ice cream, Gluten-Free
ENTER TO WIN A BAG OF HOJICHA POWDER!!
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell me what you would make with the Hojicha Powder One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): Easy No Churn #Hojicha #icecreamrecipe http://Nomss.com/hojicha-ice-cream-recipe – RT WIN @hojicha.co #foodblogger
- Follow both on @instanomss and @hojicha.co
- Head over to our Instagram (@instanomss) to enter.
Pin the above image to your Dessert Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!