I love him to pieces but I can not help but blame him on the bane of the existence of the horrid Muffin Top. Coupledom has led us to weight gain and we just can’t seem to sweat it off. We are not sedentary people, but I have an office job. Even breathing oxygen I will get fat. I need a quick fix, I need to lose weight fast. I need to lose my belly or lose 10 pounds fast. I need to fit into those skinny jeans that every women has in the back of their closet (and will not throw away because one day we will all fit into them)! I need the Wonder Soup Diet aka the Cabbage Soup Diet 7 day diet weight loss plan.
I never really believed in fad diets like South Beach Diet, Akins Diet, etc. In fact I never really had to worry about what I put in my mouth since I always used to find ways to burn it off (or somehow it would magically disappear). But as I begin my 30s things started to change. Fat no longer disappeared while I slept. I started to retain more water, etc. And I need to exercise more.
Anyways, now that summer is fast approaching and I see all these cute swimsuits coming out I want my 6-pack back asap! I came across this 7 day diet aka Wonder Soup Diet aka Cabbage Soup Diet. Lately I’ve been seeing this a lot online and on YouTube; even Dr. Oz has one.
I first came across this diet on http://www.my7daydiet.com and it sounds like a great cleanse. Basically you drink unlimited amounts of this Wonder Soup which really reminds me of a Russian Borscht. The cabbage vegetable soup is rich is fiber, vitamins and minerals. Each day you are to drink at least 8 cups of water to enable the weight loss and detox process. It says no caffeine allowed (I will need to break this rule right from the drawing board)!
From the my7daydiet website it says you should boil the vegetables in water. Uh… I don’t think so. Instead I use chicken broth. I don’t think it will cause drastic alterations. I can’t imagine just drink a bland tasting soup everyday for seven days. Also, I am adding a lot of herbs (such as oregano, sage, bay leaf and peppercorns for seasoning). I sauté and sweat the onions with olive oil before pouring in the broth.
Wonder Soup Diet Recipe | Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
|1-2||white or yellow onion|
|4 cups||chicken broth|
|as desired||herbs (basil, oregano, sage, bay leaf)|
|as desired||black pepper|
|0.5 tsp||salt (I prefer no salt, it is tasty enough)|
- Heat stock pot with olive oil over medium heat.
- Stir in onions, garlic and black pepper. Sweating the onions makes it less raw tasting.
- Staute until tender and translucent. Do not burn.
- Pour in chicken broth
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Boil at reduced heat
- Pot lasts for about 3 days in the fridge and can be served chilled.
Wonder Soup Diet 7 Day Break Down
- Day 1: Fruits only (no bananas).
- Day 2: Veggies only (no corn and other starchy vegetables ex, potatoes 258 calories each)
- Day 3: Fruits and veggies. (no bananas, corn and other starchy vegetables)
- Day 4: Bananas and Milk / Yogurt. Sounds like a really bad day already!
- Day 5: Protein and Tomatoes. Consume fish, turkey and chicken. Snack on cherry tomatoes all day with plenty of water to flush the uric acid out!
- Day 6: Protein and Veggies (everything but tomatoes).
- Day 7: Fruits, Veggies and Juices. No Meat.
I look forward to having my jeans slip off my hips! Let me report back later on the progress on this quick weight lose diet with a healthy eating plan!