Make the best homemade salsa recipe compared to those sold at the grocery store with fresh tomatoes, red onions and fresh limes with little time and effort. Our top pick is 13 Best Food Processors For Salsa (2022). Whether you are looking for a 14-cup bowl with extra-large feed tube for game day, a 7-cup bowl mini food processor for a kid-friendly second batch of pico de gallo, choose a high quality food processor to be your personal Sous Chef!
> In This Post: Our Reviews Of The Best Food Processors You Can Buy In 2022!
- > In This Post: Our Reviews Of The Best Food Processors You Can Buy In 2022!
- #1 Ninja Professional Plus Kitchen System
- #2 Cuisinart Custom 14-cup Food Processor
- #3 Cuisinart Elite Mini Chopper
- #4 Hamilton Beach Food Processor
- #5 Breville The Sous Chef Peel and Dice Food Processor
- #6 Vitamix Blender With Food Processor Capabilities
- #7 Handheld Mini Food Processor
- #8 KitchenAid 7 Cup Food Processor
- #9 KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Mini Food Processor
- #10 KitchenAid Stand Mixers Slicer/Shredder Attachments
- #11 Vollrath Suction Cup Base King Kutter Food Processor
- #12 Juiceman Express Whole Juicer for Fruits and Vegetables
- #13 Ninja Professional Plus Food Processor 9-Cup
- What To Serve With Homemade Salsa
Put your best salsa forward and control the texture of your Salsa Fresca with the right equipment. Whether you're a chunky salsa fan or prefer a delicious thin salsa roja (Mexican Red Table Sauce), a great food processor will provide the right consistency dip to serve with tortilla chips! Food processors and best blenders come in an array of different sizes to help you become the best homemade dip and salsa master!
#1 Ninja Professional Plus Kitchen System
We are big fans of Ninja Kitchen appliances in our household. There is never a shortage of air fryer recipes to go around!
So if we are talking about adding more functionality with the Ninja Professional Plus Kitchen System with Auto-iQ features, I'd highly recommend this all-in-one system. It is perfect for making larger batches of salsa. The large pushers are a good option for ease of use!
- Powerful Crushing: Ninja Total Crushing Blades give you perfectly crushed ice for your smoothies and frozen drinks with 1400 peak watts of a powerful motor.
- Food Processing: The 8-cup Precision Processor Bowl provides precision processing for even chopping for chunky salsa and smooth purees and salad dressings.
- 5 Versatile Functions: 5 preset Auto-iQ programs allow you to create smoothies, frozen drinks, nutrient extractions, chopped mixtures, and dough, all at the touch of a button. Extract a drink containing vitamins and nutrients from fruits and vegetables.
- Auto IQ Technology: take the guesswork out of drink making with intelligent programs that combine unique timed pulsing, blending, and pausing patterns that do the work for you.
- XL Capacity: The 72 oz Total Crushing Pitcher with a wide mouth opening is great for making large batches for the whole family. (64 oz max liquid capacity).
- On-The-Go Convenience: Two 24-oz. single-serve cups with spout lids make it easy to take delicious nutrient-rich smoothies on the go.
- Mix Dough In Seconds: Powerful dough mixer has the torque to fold in ingredients quickly and evenly, making up to 2 lbs. of dough in as little as 30 seconds. This is perfect for last-minute pizza dough.
- Adjustable Slicing Disc: The Ninja Food processor reversible shredding disc is perfect for any recipes you can think of. Stacked Blade Assembly for the pitcher, Dough Blade and Chopping Blade for the processor bowl, and Pro Extractor Blades Assembly for single-serve cups.
#2 Cuisinart Custom 14-cup Food Processor
If kitchen countertop real estate is a concern, opt for this compact size Cuisinart 14-cup food processor. Compared to full-size food processors, its sleek design is perfect for keeping out on display even when you are not making delicious salsa recipes or meal prepping for the week!
- Chop, mix, slice, shred, knead, emulsify and puree with ease thanks to a powerful 720 watt motor
- Reduce pre-cutting and save time with its extra large feed tube with room enough for whole fruits and vegetables
- With a 14-cup work bowl, this kitchen must have is durable, dependable and sized for big jobs
- Includes a medium shredding disc and 4mm slicing disc made of stainless steel construction for flawless, fast food prep. BPA Free
- Easy to operate with control paddles that have single-touch On, Off and Pulse commands
#3 Cuisinart Elite Mini Chopper
The Elite Mini Chopper Cuisinart food processor is a great alternative to get small jobs done. For ease of easy cleaning and best value, this mini model scores high. Sometimes you don't need the larger models if you just want to chop a handful of fresh ingredients!
- 4-cup chopper/grinder with simple touchpad control panel
- The exclusive Blade-locking system secures the blade in the bowl for easy pouring and safe handling!
- The Chop/Grind touchpad controls and patented auto-reversing SmartPower blade provides sharp edge and blunt edge offering powerful processing options at the touch of a button
- Spatula and recipe/instruction book included; dishwasher-safe parts
- Measures 5.8 by 6.5 by 9.2 inches.
#4 Hamilton Beach Food Processor
One of the unique features that I really liked about this good food processor is the bowl scraper attachment! The unique attachment scrapes the sides of the bowl to keep small pieces of ingredients close to the blades for more precise results and to save you time when you chop, slice vegetables, or puree. There is no need to stop and remove the lid to use a spatula!
- Bowl Scraper Attachment: Removable parts to scrap the sides of the bowl for more consistent results.
- 10 Cup capacity: The generous 10 cup bowl can handle large volumes of foods without having to stop to empty it0
- Large feed chute: Can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese for quick, easy processing and less prep time.
- The versatility of a food processor, food chopper and vegetable chopper: Reversible stainless steel disc slices and shreds, while the stainless steel s-blade chops, mixes and purees.
- 2 speeds plus pulse and 450 watts of power: Food processor's low and high speeds plus pulse gives you the control you need for a variety of recipes.
- Included Components: S-Blade for Chopping
#5 Breville The Sous Chef Peel and Dice Food Processor
The Breville Sous Chef is the Cadillac of great food processors. This shiny, large capacity kitchen appliance features a new peeling and 12mm dicing attachment. This machine's precise cut leads to even and consistent tastes and textures, making every dish tastier and flavoursome. Featuring three chute sizes designed for every shape, you now have even more options to create masterpiece meals in minutes. If you are considering hosting a large feast for a dinner party with little effort, the Breville food processor is the best choice!
- Peeling and Dicing Capabilities with LCD timer
- BPA free Shatter proof 16 cup large bowl plus 2.5 cup mini bowl included
- Comes with a separate accessory storage kit for all the surgical stainless steel blades and accessories
- Extra wide feed chute can hold larger items with safety stop
- No slip rubber feet which means the machine won't move around on your counter
- Included components: 12mm Dicing Kit. Peeling Disc. Micro-Serrated S-Blade. Reversible Shredding Disc. Variable Slicing Disc. Julienne Disc. French Fries Cutting Disc. Whisking Disc. Mini Blade. Dough Blade. Cleaning Brush. Plastic Spatula. Storage Box. Recipe Book.
#6 Vitamix Blender With Food Processor Capabilities
The Vitamix blender is one of our default work horses at home. Whether you prefer smoothies, homemade oat milk, nut butter, or creamy soups, there isn't a recipe this powerful tool can't handle! To make perfect salsas, add the salsa ingredients like Roma tomatoes, red onions, garlic powder and lime juice into the large pitcher and select the pulse function!
We recently discovered the Vitamix food processor capabilities. The Food Processor Attachment self-detect motor bases and works seamlessly with Ascent Series Blenders. Effortlessly breeze through food prep tasks.
- Multi-Use Blade: Finely chop, mince, knead, and mix ingredients.
- Small Shred/Thin Slice Disc: Finely shred and create thin slices of ingredients with this reversible disc.
- Large Shred/Thick Slice Disc: Coarsely shred and create thick slices of ingredients with this reversible disc.
- Stack, Snap, and Go: Rather than a complicated twist-lock mechanism, simply stack the SELF-DETECT® base, work bowl, and lid, snap them together, and you're ready to go.
- Food Chutes & Pushers: Small and large food chutes and food pushers can handle almost any ingredient.
#7 Handheld Mini Food Processor
Sometimes you only need to do a small but tedious job. This mini handheld food slicer is the ideal candidate! Completely wireless, self-cleaning closed container or non-closed cup!
- Wide Application: Suitable for chopping garlic, ginger, peppers, carrots, vegetables, onions, etc. It is also ideal for baby food, or as a vegetable and fruit slicer for cucumbers or bananas.
- Easy to Clean: Self-cleaning function, after use, you can add detergent to clean, stir for 5 seconds and then rinse clean with running water, easy and quick to clean. Comes with a cleaning brush head to clean the cutting board.
- Easy Cutting: Our vegetable chopper slices evenly and safely, with a flexible blade and easy cutting. It can cut fruits and vegetables of all shapes and sizes in the shortest time. It makes home cooking easier.
- USB Rechargeable: Our food processor's built-in 1500mAh high-capacity lithium battery, with a Type-C charging interface has a long battery life, and there is no need to replace the battery frequently. Wireless design for easy portability.
- Multi-purpose: This handheld vegetable cutter has a closed container and non-closed cup, which includes 4-in-1 functions of slicing, chopping, peeling, and cleaning brush. It has many functions and has a sharp blade to meet your kitchen needs.
#8 KitchenAid 7 Cup Food Processor
Elevate your everyday meals with this mid-sized food processor. It has 3-speed options and can chop, shred, slice and puree everything from fresh veggies and cheeses, sauces, salsa, etc. The snap-and-go, easy-clean work bowl features a twist-free, one-click assembly and latched lid. In addition to being easy to use, all accessories nest easily inside the 7-cup work bowl.
- Easy to use: one-click, twist-free bowl assembly with a latched lid for easy setup
- Simple controls: 3 speed options high, low, and pulse speeds to handle a variety of ingredients with precision
- Easy to clean: sealed, leak-resistant work bowl, which means less food gets trapped in the bowl and lid. The bowl, lid, and accessories are all dishwasher-safe.
- Chop, puree, shred, and slice: everything from cucumbers to tomatoes, cheeses, and more with the reversible medium slicing/shredding disc or multi-purpose blade.
- Easy to store - with a compact design, in-bowl accessory storage and convenient cord wrap
#9 KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Mini Food Processor
This compact and lightweight 3.5 Cup Food Chopper is ideal for everyday use and offers endless fresh options to quickly chop, mix and puree - whether you want to eat healthier, be more creative, or just save time on meal prep. Quickly chop fresh fruits and vegetables, and mince parsley, chives, or garlic, all for easy preparation in your favourite recipes. You can even purée cooked fruit or vegetables to make baby food or to use as bases for soups or sauces. The drizzle basin is great for making mayonnaise, dressings, sauces and other condiments.
- 3.5 Cup Work Bowl: locking blade, handle and pour spout for easy serving
- Drizzle Basin: Master tasty dressings and sauces
- 2 Speeds and Pulse: precise control for coarse or fine results.
- Compact: Lightweight mini food processor is the perfect size for everyday use in the kitchen.
- Easy to clean: Dishwasher-safe work bowl, lid and blade
#10 KitchenAid Stand Mixers Slicer/Shredder Attachments
This KitchenAid attachment improves the stand mixer functionality with its slicer and shredder food processor capabilities. It is the perfect space-saving vegetable and fruit cutter!
- Long-Lasting Material: The vegetable slicer attachments of 4 slicer/shredder blades are made of premium stainless steel, and the housing is food-grade plastic. Kitchenaid mixer attachments with stainless steel and food-grade material, easy to clean and store.
- 4 Slicing/Shredding Blades: 0.27inch slicing blade, 0.25inch coarse shredding blade, 0.1inch fine shredding blade and 0.16inch grinding powder blade.
- Professional Vegetable Salad Grater: For firm vegetables, fruits, nuts, and even garlic and chilli, this food processor makes a delicious and healthy salad, coleslaw, soups, tacos, pizza toppings, desserts, and much more dishes.
- Easy to Clean: The component housing can be washed by hand and the 4 drum blades are dishwasher safe.
- Great Home Gift: The ZACME salad shooter slicer/shredder attachments for the KitchenAid mixer can save your prep time.
#11 Vollrath Suction Cup Base King Kutter Food Processor
Are you concerned about leaving carbon footprints? How about this King Kutter manual food processor with suction cup base. The suction cup base allows you to place your King Kutter wherever is most convenient, helping you prepare a wide variety of foods with impressive efficiency.
- Redco king kutter is used to shreds cheese and lettuce for tacos, salads and much more
- Made of cast aluminum material and comes with a suction cup base for secure operation
- Cones feature a finely machined, precision stainless steel edge quickly changed for fast-cycle processing of foods
- Includes #1 shredder cone, #2 string cone, #3 petite french fry cut cone, #4 thin slice cone and #5 krinkle cut cone
#12 Juiceman Express Whole Juicer for Fruits and Vegetables
For those into making smoothies but still want the convenience of a mini food processor in one.
- Compact: Includes 2 Portable Personal Blending Jars suitable for berries, veggies, leafy greens, citrus, yogurt, and protein powder.
- 4 Tip Blending Blade: The high performance blade assembly effortlessly pulverizes fruit, vegetables, ice, yogurt, powders, and more
- 2 BPA Free Juicing Cups. The 24ounce juicing cups are great for preparation and serving. Made with BPA free Tritan plastic, they're virtually shatterproof and made to last.
- Travel Lids: Take your beverage to go. The seal-tight travel lids twist onto the cups for spill-free transport and easy sipping.
- Non-Skid Rubber Feet Gripping: keep the juicer in place during use
#13 Ninja Professional Plus Food Processor 9-Cup
1000-Peak-Watts Mid-Size food processor with Auto-iQ Preset Programs can deliver restaurant-quality meal prep from rough chop, shred cheese finely minced garlic clove.
- The most powerful kitchen food processor under $200 can process the toughest ingredients with ease (based on average selling price and rated wattage).
- Professional Versatility & Performance: Dedicated blades and discs deliver restaurant-worthy results. Precisely chop, consistently slice, and evenly mix all in one appliance.
- 4 Auto-iQ Intelligent Preset Programs: Make food prep easier with our dedicated preset programs. Chop veggies, shred cheese, and make smooth sauces and quick pizza dough or cookie dough from scratch - all at the touch of a button.
- 9-Cup Capacity: Expect consistent results whether you're chopping a small batch (a few garlic cloves) or an entire bowlful of ingredients—great for large batch and families entertaining guests.
- 2 Lbs of Dough in as Little as 30 Seconds: Powerful dough mixer with the torque to quickly and evenly fold in ingredients.
What To Serve With Homemade Salsa
Now that you've sourced the perfect food processor, it's time to master these fantastic food processor salsa recipes: Spicy Mango Mexican Salsa Recipe and Fresh Pineapple Pico De Gallo. These recipes scream summer with the perfect balance made with whole tomatoes, fresh summer fruits, zesty lime juice, jalapeño pepper, and red onion!
Serve these delicious salsa dip s with corn tortilla chips. Of course, there are other great options to enjoy perfect homemade salsa made without canned tomatoes.
Serve this leftover salsa with fresh Mango as the perfect topping to Air Fried Halibut, Salmon or on top of chicken. Fresh salsa recipes also make for a healthy snack and is also delicious in burrito bowls, in overnight oats or on their own. The flavours are a nice change from creamy guacamole.
I guarantee that every bite is addictive! These are just a few of my favorite ways to enjoy this easy recipe! Last night we had an enormous feast with a table full of Mexican food.
I'd love to see how you went with my recipes! Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSS.
Pin the above image to your Home and Kitchen Pinterest Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
MORE VEGAN RECIPES:
- Super Alkaline Kale Salad
- Double-Steamed Snow Pear with Fritllaria Bulb Recipe 川貝燉雪梨
- Hawthorn Goji Berry Tea 山楂杞子茶
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Vegan Okonomiyaki Cauliflower Bites
- Anti-Inflammatory Vegan
- Hojicha Oat Milk Nice Cream (No Churn, Egg Free, Dairy Free)
- No Mayo Apple Vinegar Coleslaw
- 3-Ingredient Homemade Korean Strawberry Milk Recipe 딸기 우유
- Super Easy Korean Banana Milk Drink Recipe 바나나맛우유
- Traditional Dalgona Whipped Coffee Recipe 달고나 커피
- Espresso Latte with Dalgona Chocolate Recipe (Easy)
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
I'm sharing this fluffy and frothy Dalgona latte recipe to autumn comfort food with Family Friends Food for #CookBlogShare.
Such a helpful guide for buying food processors. KitchenAid all the way in my kitchen 😉
Thanks Asha! I'm team KitchenAid too!
Will keep these in mind closer to Christmas!
I've been looking into buying a new food processor. Thank you for such an informative post!
This is so informative. I didn't expect there are many kinds of food processor that we can use to make salsa. Thank you
Yes, I found this article just in time! Our old processor just gave up on up and we're looking to invest in one that will last! Thanks for the suggestions!
This is so helpful. I am in the market for a new food processor. I am leaning towards the ninja.
I love the suggestions here. I have used cuisinart and totally loved it.
such a handy list, thank you for helping me make a decision with which one would best suit my needs
This is so helpful. I have a few food processors, but I might have to get that handheld mini one because it is battery-operated & rechargeable (we have so many power outages here).
I love the handheld one too! so convenient!
I have both Cuisinart models and love them! Glad they made the list.
Hi Don! That's awesome! Sounds like you are a big Cuisinart fan!
What a useful post - I have been searching for a new food processor, and this has been very helpful!
Did you end up finding a food processor that you like Alexandra?
I love making homemade salsa, and this is such a great and informative roundup of all the various food processors!
Homemade salsas are my favourite! I swear we have it at least twice a week!
Wow, what a great write-up! Your post is really great! It makes it much easier to find the right one! Thank you!
Thanks Nora! I hope it helped you buy a food processor that fits your lifestyle!
Kayla DiMaggio says
Love this! I am on the hunt for a new food processor so this list was so helpful!
Thanks Kayla! Hope you enjoy your new personal sous chef!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome says
Great reviews. The mini hand held has my attention!! Shared on pintrest and facebook too! Thanks for the info.
Thanks so much Helen! hope you enjoy your new personal sous chef! This one doesn't complain ':)
This is so helpful. I find it so draining researching appliances and sifting through all the different reviews. Thanks for sharing this amazing list.
You are so welcome Kristen! I'm so glad it was helpful! Which was your favourite? Did you short list any?
I like the lidea of making salsa in food processor it saves tuns of time.
It's much better than hand chopping everything!
So much great information here! I feel more confident in choosing the right food processor for my family's needs!
Thanks Emily - did any make it to the short list?
so many options! im currently looking for a new food processor so thanks for this detailed right up!
Thanks Andy! which one did you short list? Can't wait to see what you make with all the extra time you have!
Thanks for this really useful review of food processors. I like a smaller processor for things like salsa to get the vegetables to the right size.
Agreed! We like have a full size and a mini food processor for all big and small projects!
I've always wanted a Vitamix but now I'm leaning towards the Ninja. Thanks so much for posting this super helpful review!
We have both the Vitamix and Ninja and they are both amazing!
I have so many fresh vegetables right now and want to try making homemade salsa for the first time. I need to buy a good food processor so that I don’t have to spend hours chopping. Thank you for the informative list!
I hear you! i hate prepping and hand chopping ingredients too!
I've been looking to invest in a quality food processor, and had no idea where to start looking. This blog post was extremely helpful!
YAY! so happy this food processor review was helpful for you!
Ahhhh yes, I see an upgrade to my current situation for the near future. Thanks for the reviews, saved me time
YAY! so happy this food processor review was helpful for you!
Very helpful and fun reviews, thank you. In your tests and search, did you happen to come across any glass or metal jars that you liked?
Hi Megan! I'm a big fan of mason jars - they different sizes are really helpful for storage and making desserts too!
I have to buy a new food processors, glad I found this guide is very useful.
YAY! so happy this food processor review was helpful for you!
Gosh we really are spoiled for choices these days. I love my ninja
Totally! I love my ninja too! can't go wrong with it!
This is so cool, I had never thought I’d making salsa in a food processor for fear or pulverising it too much!
Small pulses is the key!
This was so helpful, thank you!
YAY! so happy this food processor review was helpful for you! Which one did you end up buying?
I have a juiceman express but have never used it for salsa, thanks for the tip!
isn't it wonderful that juiceman can be used in different ways? it so easy to make a quick salsa with!
An excellent guide and just in time for salsa season!! I've been looking at that mini chopper for a while now so maybe this is the push I need to grab one!
I'm so glad I helped you make a purchase! you will love it!
Great guide! It comes in super handy since I am about to change my food processor! Thanks for putting this together2
I'm glad you found it useful! I love the attachment add ons for the Vitamix especially!
this is such a helpful review! I've been eyeing the vitamix for quite some time now and might just go for it!
OMG yes Andrea!! get the Vitamix, it's one of our favourites at home!