Cooking Salmon in an air fryer is one of the best ways to cook fish without drying it out. This keto diet recipe is quick and easy, and Air Fryer Salmon can be made directly from frozen! Enjoy this tender, juicy restaurant-quality seafood recipe in just 10 minutes. Make this Paleo and Whole 30 easy salmon recipe part of your low-calorie weeknight meals!
- How Do You Cook Fish Without Drying It Out
- Is Salmon Allowed On The Whole30?
- HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER SALMON
- What You Will Need To Make Air Fryer Salmon
- Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
- Should I Thaw Frozen Fish Before Air Frying?
- Salmon Health Benefits & Salmon Nutrition Facts
- Best Air Fryer Salmon Recipe Tips
- Keto Friendly Air Fryer Salmon From Frozen 氣炸鍋三文魚
- More Air Fryer Recipes:
I love cooking with the air fryer, and I can't believe I haven't hopped on the air fryer party train earlier. It is so simple to use and keeps the house cool, especially in the summer! In addition, Healthy air fryer recipes like this Air Fryer Cauliflower and this Air Fryer Soy Garlic Chicken Wings make weeknight family meal planning super easy!
How Do You Cook Fish Without Drying It Out
How do you make fish soft and tender? Sous vide poaching fish always guarantees 100% turnout, but this method takes too long. Instead, easy salmon recipes in just 10 minutes made in the air fryer keep the fish flaky, succulent and tender!
Is Salmon Allowed On The Whole30?
Absolutely, Yes! Salmon is whole30 compliant. In fact, air fryer salmon is Paleo, low carb, and keto friendly.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER SALMON
Air Frying salmon is fantastic! It is fun to switch up your salmon routine and guarantees 100% turnout. While the oven-baked Salmon and the sous vide method is excellent, sometimes we cook it a little too long, and it becomes too dry.
Next, cut the Salmon into even-sized filets. Even-sized filets guarantee consistent cooking times. You can purchase pre-cut fillets at your local fishmonger or previously frozen Salmon. I usually get mine from Costco.
Should you fry Salmon with skin on? I love air fryer salmon with skin - skin is tasty! The salmon skin also provides a safety layer in the hot air fryer. First, start with the skin-side down, flipping halfway, and let the skin crisp up.
What You Will Need To Make Air Fryer Salmon
Salmon - Use salmon filets that are even in size. I love sockeye salmon best, pink Salmon second.
Olive Oil or Cooking Spray - Use one or two tablespoons of olive oil is enough to toss and evenly coat your Salmon.
Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
Absolutely! Do not hesitate to cook frozen salmon in the air fryer. Simply defrost the fish right in the air fryer. It is one of the best ways to cook fish.
Should I Thaw Frozen Fish Before Air Frying?
The best thing about this keto salmon recipe is that you can cook Salmon in an air fryer straight from the freezer to the air fryer. No thawing is required. All you need is a nice coating of olive oil and seasonings.
Salmon Health Benefits & Salmon Nutrition Facts
Salmon is an excellent ingredient in low-calorie recipes for weight loss.
Consuming Salmon can help you lose weight because it is protein-rich while regulating hunger hormones, reducing appetite, increasing insulin sensitivity and boosting metabolism.
Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids - long-chain omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure.
Rich in Protein - helps your body heal and protect bone health while preventing muscle loss.
High in B Vitamins - Wild Sockeye Salmon is one of the most nutrient-dense seafood sources of proteins, vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, minerals and vitamins. Salmons contain an excellent source of B Vitamins that reduce inflammation and protect brain and heart health.
Below is the B Vitamin Content for every 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of wild Salmon.
- vitamin B12: over 100% of the Daily Value (DV)
- niacin: 63% of the DV
- vitamin B6: 56% of the DV
- riboflavin: 38% of the DV
- pantothenic acid: 38% of the DV
- thiamin: 23% of the DV
- folic acid: 7% of the DV
Wild sockeye salmon is also rich in potassium, calcium, selenium, and astaxanthin.
Salmon Benefits For Skin - fatty types of fish that contain omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E and zinc help keep skin moisturized. Here are tips on how to make crispy skin salmon!
Delicious and Versatile - Enjoy easy healthy salmon recipes that are simple, low-calorie meal prep filling and fitting into any keto diet plan for beginners.
Best Air Fryer Salmon Recipe Tips
If you've never cooked with an air fryer before, this small kitchen appliance can be a little intimidating. However, I swear by its convenience and versatility and its use of rapidly circulating hot air to cook crispy food without using too much oil!
Here are a few tips for anyone who has (or is planning on getting) an air fryer!
1. What is the best temperate to air fry Salmon?
If you wonder how long to Cook Salmon in the air fryer, it is best to air fry salmon at 375F for five minutes to defrost and 390F to cook or until Salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145F.
2. How long should I air fry Salmon for?
Depending on the size of the Salmon filet you put in the air fryer, six minutes should cook a fresh piece of Salmon thoroughly. If you need to defrost frozen Salmon first, it should take approximately 10 to 12 minutes in total.
This also depends on the model of your air fryer, so you may want to reduce or increase the air frying time by one to two minutes.
Air Fryer Salmon in my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer takes five minutes to defrost + five minutes to cook the Salmon.
3. Do I need to preheat the air fryer?
Based on experience, you should always preheat the air fryer before filling it with food. By doing this, the air fryer's temperature is more consistent, and your food will cook more evenly. Simply preheat your air fryer for two to three minutes before cooking.
4. How to choose the right air fryer?
Choosing the right air fryer for your kitchen depends on your lifestyle, available counter space, and if you intend to cook small or big batch meals. For us, we like the supersized XXL units that are big enough to cook a small chicken or 2 lbs chicken wings inside like THIS air fryer!
5. Should I use Tongs or a Fish Spatula?
Although tongs are ubiquitous chef's tools, they can not replace a fish spatula. The fish spatula is long and limber, and it is much easier to slide a fish spatula under the Salmon's skin than under its delicate flesh as you turn them in a hot pan or air fryer!
Did you make this Low-Calorie Keto Friendly Air Fryer Salmon Meal? I'd love to see how you went with my recipes! Leave a comment below or tag me on instagram @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSSPrint
Keto Friendly Air Fryer Salmon From Frozen 氣炸鍋三文魚
Cooking Salmon in an air fryer is one of the best ways to cook fish without drying it out. This keto diet recipe is quick and easy, and Paleo and Whole 30 Air Fryer Salmon can be made directly from frozen! Enjoy this tender, juicy restaurant-quality seafood recipe in just 10 minutes. Make this easy salmon recipe part of your low-calorie weeknight meals!
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 persons 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: Pacific North West, Canadian
- Diet: Low Calorie
Step 1 - Air Fry Frozen Salmon:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375F
- Add frozen Salmon straight from the freezer into the air fryer basket. Set air fryer to 375F for 5 minutes.
- Remove the Salmon from the air fryer basket, rub each filet with olive oil, and season with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
Step 2 - Air Fry Fresh Salmon:
Skip Step 1 if cooking fresh salmon.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F.
- Rub each filet with olive oil, and season with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Set air fryer to 375F for 5 to 6 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the salmon filet's thickness and the air fryer's model.
- Carefully open the air fryer and check for the desired doneness with a fork.
- Reduce or increase air fryer time by 1 or 2 minutes as necessary.
- Finish and sprinkle with lemon sea salt, vegan parmesan cheese,or nutritional yeast if desired.
- This recipe was made in a Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer.
- For even cooking, don’t overcrowd the air fryer. Arrange the salmon in a single layer.
- Preheat the air fryer for a more even cooking heat distribution.
- Serving Size: 1 plate
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 708 mg
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Protein: 33.7 g
- Cholesterol: 76.5 mg
Keywords: air fryer salmon, whole30, keto recipe, paleo, salmon, frozen salmon, 氣炸鍋, 三文魚
SAVE THE ABOVE IMAGE TO YOUR AIR FRYER RECIPE BOARD TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE MORE TASTY FOOD WITH YOU!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Soy Garlic Chicken Wings 蒜蓉醬油雞翅 氣炸鍋
- TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 15 Minutes Air Fryer Corn
- 5 Minute Air Fryer Bean Curd Sheets with Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry 氣炸鍋腐皮蒜蓉炒白菜
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!