5 Minute Air Fryer Bean Curd Sheets with Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry 氣炸鍋腐皮蒜蓉炒白菜 comes together faster than you can the TV commercial break! Bean Curd sheets are a favourite in our household because it is a high protein and fibre rich meal! This extraordinarily healthy tofu skin plant-based protein recipe is wholesome with baby Bak Choy and comes together in just 5 minutes. Talk about Weeknight meals elevated!
What is Bean Curd?
Soya Bean Curd is a type of tofu variety. It is made from ground or pressed soybeans and folded into multiple layers. These bean curd skins typically are used to make Chinese Vegetarian Duck 素鸭, sometimes filled with savoury stir fry fillings of shiitake mushrooms, carrots or bamboo shoots.
Where To Buy Tofu Skin?
You can buy tofu skin either frozen or dehydrated at most Asian Supermarkets. I prefer the frozen packets for the thicker Chinese Vegetarian Duck version for ease of use. Thaw and cook—no need to resuscitate the soybean skins.
Air Frying Bean Curd Sheets Cooking Tips
Air Frying Bean Curd Skin is fast and convenient. It comes out 100% perfect every time, and you do not need to shallow fry the tofu in this soybean skin recipe.
The cellophane-like skin is crispy outside while tender, chewy and soft inside.
If you do not have time to thaw the bean curd skin, simply air fry it at a low 375F for 6 minutes first before proceeding with the standard cooking time of 400F for 5 to 6 minutes. This fried tofu skin recipe is that simple!
How to Cook Bok Choy in Stir Fry - Cooking Tips
This easy Bok Choy recipe guarantees 100% turnout of these baby greens.
Simmer the garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add the baby Bok Choy to the wok.
On the side, have your sugar, vegetable bouillon (vegan) or chicken essence powder dissolved in a bit of water.
A splash of Shaoxing Wine helps to elevate the flavours.
Do not overcook the vegetables. A good 2 to 3-minute toss is perfect.
Bok Choy Benefits and Nutritious
Move aside kale, the newly promoted fad-dom is Bok Choy! Bok Choy is a cold-weather crop and the freshest in winter.
This dark, leafy green falls under the Brassica cabbage family (kale, turnips, mustard, and broccoli). Bok Choy greens taste earthy, while the white stalks are mild and crisp.
Bok Choy calories: One cup of veggie has just nine calories! This veggie powerhouse has over 70 antioxidants, reduces the risk of cancer and is rich in vitamin C and A.
BEST AIR FRYER TIPS
If you've never cooked with an air fryer before, this small kitchen appliance can be a little intimidating. However, I swear by its convenience and versatility and its use of rapidly circulating hot air to cook crispy food without using too much oil!
Here are a few tips for anyone who has (or is planning on getting) an air fryer!
1. What is the best temperate to air fry bean curd sheets?
It is best to air fry bean curd sheets at 390F to mimic the high heat temperature of an oven. Don't worry! Your tofu sheets will still be tender with just the right about of char.
2. How long should I air fry bean curd for?
Depending on the size and how much bean curd sheets you put into the air fryer, 5 minutes should cook it thoroughly with a slight char. This also depends on the model of your air fryer, so you may want to reduce or increase the air frying time by one to two minutes.
3. Do I need to preheat the air fryer?
Based on experience, you should always preheat the air fryer before filling it with food. By doing this, the air fryer's temperature is more consistent, and your food will cook more evenly. Simply preheat your air fryer for two to three minutes before cooking.
4. How to choose the right air fryer?
Choosing the right air fryer for your kitchen depends on your lifestyle, available counter space, and if you intend to cook small or big batch meals. For us, we like the supersized XXL units that are big enough to cook a small chicken or 2 lbs chicken wings inside like THIS air fryer!
Did you make this Air Fryer Bean Curd Sheets? Isn't this Bok Choy and Tofu Recipe super simple to make? I’d love to see how you went with my recipes! Leave a comment below or tag me on instagram @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSSPrint
5 Minute Air Fryer Bean Curd Sheets with Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry 氣炸鍋腐皮蒜蓉炒白菜 comes together faster than you can your commercial break! Bean Curd sheets are a favourite in our household. This extraordinarily healthy tofu skin plant-based protein recipe is wholesome with baby Bak Choy and comes together in just 5 minutes. Talk about Weeknight meals elevated!
- 1 pack or bean curd sheets
- 500g baby bok choy, washed
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, rough chop if desired
- 2 inch knob of ginger, sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon (v) or chicken powder
- 2 tbsp water to dissolve the brown sugar and bouillon
- Vegetable oil to cook
Air Fryer Bean Curd Directions:
- Spray some oil to the af basket
- Add bean curd into the basket
- Bake at 390C for 5 minutes or until crispy but not burnt.
- Remove from basket, slice and add to stir fry veggies
Stir Fry Bok Choy Directions:
- Add oil to a wok over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and ginger to wok, and let simmer for a minute
- Add veggies to wok along with the dissolved brown sugar and bouillon, mix well
- Stir fry until veggies are cooked but not wilted
- Remove from wok
Serve with crispy bean curd and white jasmine rice.
- If Air Frying bean curd sheets from frozen, defrost at 375F for 6 minutes before cooking at the above specified times.
- This recipe was made in a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
- For even cooking, don’t overcrowd the air fryer. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer.
- Preheat the air fryer for a more even cooking heat distribution.
- Serving Size: 1 plate
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 16.6 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.2 g
- Protein: 11.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, bean curd, air fry, Chinese, Bak Choy, Tofu, Chinese Recipes, 5 minute recipes, 氣炸鍋, 腐皮, 蒜蓉, 炒, 白菜
SAVE THE ABOVE IMAGE TO YOUR VEGAN RECIPE BOARD TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE OUR RECIPES WITH YOU!.
MORE VEGAN RECIPES:
- Steamed Money Bag Dumplings 年菜平安金福袋
- Instant Pot Braised Chinese Mushrooms
- Vegan Plant-Based Burger with Israeli Salad
- JOLLY PONG CRUSH MILKSHAKE
- BIBIMBAP RICE BOWL AND SPICY SESAME SAUCE
- KIMCHI CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
- VEGAN-ISH OKONOMIYAKI CAULIFLOWER BITES
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY VEGAN SOUP
- HOJICHA OAT MILK ICE CREAM (NO CHURN, EGG FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- NO MAYO APPLE VINEGAR COLESLAW
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!