Blistered, charred and seared - Vegan Sichuan String Beans Without Pork 干煸四季豆 is incredibly tasty aromatic that is easy spicy stir-fry typically made with shredded pork is now plant-based. This healthier version of the otherwise deep-fried green bean in Chinese restaurants is now Vegan adaptable.
Vegetarian Chinese Green Bean Without Pork
It is simple to adapt these stir-fry recipes to vegetarian options. Most of these Chinese vegan recipes are highly versatile. Simply adjust the heat, substitute vegetables or swap out the meat protein with pickled Suimi Yacai (Sichuan preserved vegetable) or meat-alternative mushroom crumbles like Lion's Mane Mushroom Crumble.
We recently also used one of the best vegan breakfast sausage brands, Big Mountain Foods, in a quick and easy-to-make 10 minutes Vegan Breakfast Sausage Spicy Ramen Stir Fry.
Sichuan Dry Fried Green Beans Cooking Tips
Most Chinese restaurants deep fries their green beans. Deep-frying string beans is very unhealthy. Instead, sear the green beans over dry wok or pan without oil. Add a little bit of salt. Stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
Have your ingredients prepared and move quickly.
Cook the green beans and protein separately.
Once protein has been cooked, sprinkle evenly over string beans.
Serve with jasmine white rice or soupy noodles.
Did you make this Classic Chinese Recipe String Bean Stir-Fry? I’d love to see how you went with my recipes! Leave a comment below or tag me on instagram @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSSPrint
Blistered, charred and seared - Vegan Sichuan String Beans 干煸四季豆 is incredibly tasty aromatic that is easy spicy stir-fry typically made with shredded pork is now plant-based. This healthier version of the otherwise deep-fried green bean in Chinese restaurants is now Vegan adaptable.
- 500g String Beans 四季豆
- 170g Lion’s Mane Mushroom Crumble (or vegan meat crumble) 素食蘑菇粒
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 生油
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced 蒜蓉
- ¼ onion, julienne 洋蔥
- 2 dried red pepper, diced 干紅椒
- 1 tsp Shaoxing Wine 紹興酒
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce 老抽
- 1 tsp sesame oil 芝麻油
- Salt to taste 鹽
- Fine chopped green onions for garnish 葱花, 裝飾
- Wash and remove both ends.
- Heat dry wok or stainless steal pan over medium-high heat
- Add string beans and salt to taste. Sear while stirring frequently to avoid burning. Cook until blistered, charred and wrinkly, remove from wok and set aside.
- Add oil to the same wok over medium-high heat.
- Add mushroom crumble, dried red pepper, onions, minced garlic, Shaoxing Wine dark soy, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle even over string beans.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 清洗四季豆, 摘去兩頭的老莖
- 油熱後倒入四季豆進行煸炒，放少許鹽，幹紅椒, 洋蔥, 蒜蓉, 在煸炒時可多次翻炒多次蓋蓋悶小會，可加快成熟度
- 鍋中留油，放入素食蘑菇粒(肉鬆), 老抽, 芝麻油, 翻炒片刻
- Serving Size: 1 plate
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 1269.7 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, vegan recipes, chinese recipes, 素食, 港式, Sichuan, Green Beans, 干煸四季豆, mushroom crumbles
SAVE THE ABOVE IMAGE TO YOUR VEGAN RECIPE BOARD TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE OUR RECIPES WITH YOU!
MORE VEGAN RECIPES:
- VEGAN PLANT-BASED BURGER WITH ISRAELI SALAD
- JOLLY PONG CRUSH MILKSHAKE
- BIBIMBAP RICE BOWL AND SPICY SESAME SAUCE
- KIMCHI CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
- VEGAN-ISH OKONOMIYAKI CAULIFLOWER BITES
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY VEGAN SOUP
- HOJICHA OAT MILK ICE CREAM (NO CHURN, EGG FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- NO MAYO APPLE VINEGAR COLESLAW
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!