Easy Seafood Cobb Salad Recipe - Here's a fresh take on the made on the fly by Hollywood restaurateur Bob Cobb back in 1937. Crispy bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, large shrimp and seared sea scallops - all the original appeal and an extra special presentation!
How To Make the Best Classic Cobb Salad
What makes a great Cobb salad? The classic Cobb salad is very simple to make. All you need is a few fresh ingredients and a kickass vinaigrette! You can make a kitchen sink version with leftover meal prep or you can make a lavish one with awesome layers - like seafood! It's all about the layers!
Ingredients You Will Need To Make A Seafood Salad
This great recipe only requires a few ingredients. Serve it in a large bowl and mix it all together!
- Sea Scallops
- Large Shrimps
- Romaine Lettuce Hearts
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Boiled Eggs
- Blue Cheese
Ingredients You Will Need To Make Dill Vinaigrette
Instead of a blue cheese dressing, we are making this brightly tasting dill salad dressing.
How to Cook Scallops:
Scallops are easy to prepare. Simply defrost scallops before cooking. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and cook them for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and allow scallops to rest in the pan for 1 minute.
Layering Your Cobb Salad
I love Cobb salads because of the abundance of fresh ingredients and a variety of veggies! Hearts of romaine, avocados, tomatoes, cucumbers, iceberg lettuce, basically anything you fancy could work in this chopped salad.
Then, you've got your hard-boil eggs, crispy bacon and the dressing! Yes, the classic Cobb Salad calls for a red wine vinaigrette, however, it doesn't quite go with seafood so I made a dill vinaigrette. It brightens and highlights all the flavours together!
Usually, a Cobb salad calls for cooked chicken, but in this case, we are using large shrimp and sea scallops! I ordered my wild-caught Canadian sea scallops from shop.clearwater.ca and they are super fresh and huge!
Traditional Cobb Salad Variations
- Shrimp Cobb Salad
- Lobster Tails Cobb Salad
What To Serve With Seafood Cobb Salads
- Your favorite white wine
- Keto Friendly Air Fryer Salmon From Frozen
- 10 minute Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
Did you make this delicious salad part of your meal plans? I’d love you make this recipe! Leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSSPrint
Seafood Cobb Salad
What Makes This the Best Cobb Salad? Here's a fresh take on the made on the fly by Hollywood restaurateur Bob Cobb back in 1937. Crispy bacon, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, and seafood! Large shrimp and seared sea scallops - all the original appeal and an extra special presentation!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 person 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 garlic clove, smashed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- dash of salt to taste
Seafood Cobb Salad
- 10 Sea Scallops, cooked and seared
- 10 Large shrimp, cooked
- 3 large heads of Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and quartered
- 1 large avocado, diced (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced (optional)
- 75 grams of blue cheese crumble (optional)
- Make the dill vinaigrette by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Wash the romaine lettuce hearts and dry well. A salad spinner dries very well.
- Add romaine lettuce hearts to a large salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (large shrimp, sea scallops, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese crumble) on top of the romaine lettuce hearts.
- Toss the salad with kitchen tongs.
- Drizzle dill vinaigrette on top of the salad to your desired taste. Taste and add more dressing as needed.
- Dill vinaigrette can be made in advance and kept refrigerated. Re-whisk before use.
- The undressed salad can be made more than 1 day in advance without the avocado. Add avocado, cooked large shrimp and sea scallops just before serving.
- You can arrange your salad in a pattern or pile the ingredients on top of each other, just remember the salad should be tossed before serving!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 635
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 752.1 mg
- Fat: 51.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8 g
- Protein: 37.4 g
- Cholesterol: 392.3 mg
Keywords: seafood salad, seafood cobb salad, classic cobb salad, how to make the best cobb salad, what makes a good cobb salad, seared scallops, large shrimp, how to cook scallops
Pin the above image to your SALAD FOOD RECIPE BOARD to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
MORE SEAFOOD RECIPES:
- Korean Green Onion Salad 파절이 파무침
- LEGENDARY 'DUKKAH' ROASTED CARROTS
- VEGAN PLANT-BASED BURGER WITH ISRAELI SALAD
- Summer Peach Arugula Salad with Elderflower Vinaigrette and Crumbled Feta Cheese
- How To Grow Alfalfa Sprouts at Home
- Cranberry Frisee Salad Recipe
- No Mayo Apple Vinegar Coleslaw Recipe
- Ma Lan Tou Recipe | Kalimeris Indica Tofu Salad 馬蘭頭
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!