Beat the heat with this refreshing Summer Fresh Cold Thai Rice Noodle Salad with Asparagus Tips, Sugar Peas, Snap Peas, Edamame and Spicy Lime Vinaigrette. Thai Rice Noodles are easy to cook and the recipe is infinitely riffable. Enjoy this delicious garden fresh salad!
How To Cook Thai Rice Noodle Vermicelli
We love ‘Kosa Rice Vermicelli 3 mm’ for the perfect width and texture, available at Sobeys, Safeway and Save On Foods.
The number one mistake is to cook the vermicelli straight out of the package. Rice noodle tastes a lot better after being soaked in water and resuscitated. Soak the noodles with boiled water for at least 8 minutes or per packaging instructions.
Add resuscitated rice vermicelli to boiling hot water and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not overcook.
If you are using the rice noodles in a cold salad like this recipe, remove from heat, run under cold water, drain water, and toss in ice cubes to stop the cooking—drizzle sesame oil to help the noodles from sticking to each other.
Selecting Summer Vegetables
Summer is the height of the growing season, and it is hard to beat the taste of fresh in-season vegetables. Adding vibrant greens to your salad is delicious and appealing to your senses.
We love tender asparagus tips, sugar peas, snap peas and edamame for that nice contrast crispy, crunchy and snappy textures.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE SEE HOW YOU WENT WITH MY RECIPES! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSSPrint
COLD SUMMER FRESH THAI RICE NOODLE SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS TIPS, SUGAR PEAS, SNAP PEAS, EDAMAME AND SPICY LIME VINAIGRETTE
Beat the heat with this refreshing Cold Summer Fresh Thai Rice Noodle Salad with Asparagus Tips, Sugar Peas, Snap Peas, Edamame and Spicy Lime Vinaigrette. Thai Rice Noodles are easy to cook and the recipe is infinitely riffable.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 persons 1x
- Category: Salads
- Method: Boil, Raw
- Cuisine: Thai
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 package of Kosa Rice Vermicelli 3 mm
- 50 g asparagus tips
- 50 g sugar peas, ends trimmed
- 50 g snap peas, ends trimmed
- 50 g edamame, shelled
- 1 spring mint, leaves removed and julienne
- 1 bunch cilantro, rough chop
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Spicy Lime Vinaigrette
- Ice cubes
Spicy Lime Vinaigrette:
- 100 g sugar
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp vegan fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2-3 birds eye chili, diced and seeds removed
- ½ lime, juiced
- Soak rice vermicelli for 8 minutes to resuscitate.
- While rice vermicelli is soaking, prepare Spicy Lime Vinaigrette.
Spicy Lime Vinaigrette
- Mix sugar with hot water and mix well until dissolved.
- Add in vegan fish sauce, garlic, birds eye chili and half lime juice.
- Mix well and taste. Adjust heat level as desired. Set aside.
**Do Ahead: Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Boil water in a medium pot over high heat.
- Add resuscitated rice vermicelli to boiling hot water and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat, run under cold water and/or drain water and toss in ice cubes to stop the cooking.
- Drizzle sesame oil to help the noodles from sticking to each other.
- Boil another pot of water, and quick blanch asparagus tips, sugar peas, snap peas, and edamame for 30 seconds or until bright green.
- Add in asparagus tips, sugar peas, snap peas, edamame, mint leaves, cilantro and Spicy Lime Vinaigrette to rice vermicelli and gentle fold.
- Divide and plate.
- Serves 2.
**Option: Add your choice of protein if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 plate
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 28.2 g
- Sodium: 135.7 mg
- Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.9 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Thai, Rice Noodles, vermicelli, salad, SUGAR PEAS, SNAP PEAS, EDAMAME, SPICY LIME VINAIGRETTE, thai food, summer salads
SAVE THE ABOVE IMAGE TO YOUR VEGAN / PLANT-BASED RECIPE BOARD TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE OUR RECIPES WITH YOU!
More Vegetarian / Vegan Recipes
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!