This post is sponsored by BC Blueberries and I have been compensated monetarily. All views and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Nomss in the kitchen!
This delicious Blueberry Lemon Zest Coconut Milk Ice Cream just needs 3 ingredients! You’re going to love this easy to make no-churn ice cream recipe that can be ready to eat in less than 5 mins! This insanely creamy, fruity nice cream with a little bit of zing, is egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and totally vegan! Best of all, it is totally healthy and packed full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and folate for a healthy boost to your immune system!
Although you can purchase your blueberries either fresh or frozen, we love summertime in BC most because of the abundance of plump, juicy blueberries readily available. Whether you take the family for a day of highbush blueberry picking at your local farm, BC blueberries offer health benefits, versatility and awesome taste!
How to Buy & Store Fresh Blueberries
I love looking for those firm, plump deep blue coloured berries. We love snacking on them throughout the day! To keep your blueberries fresh, refrigerate them as soon as you get them home, in their original plastic packaging. I like to store them in a glass covered bowl container. Only rinse your berries just before you’re going to use them.
Pro Tip: Buy extra blueberries and freeze them so you can eat them throughout the year. To freeze your blueberries, wash them and make sure they’re dry and keep them in a reusable food storage silicone bag.
For store-bought frozen BC blueberries. Look for the “BC Grown” logo, and check the country of origin listed on the bag to make sure it says “Canada”!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES
- Low in calories but high in nutrients – the most nutrient dense berries. One cup (148 gram) serving of blueberries contains 4 grams Fiber, 24% RDI Vitamin C, 36% RDI Vitamin K and 25% RDI of Maganese.
- Antioxidants – excellent source of antioxidants that protects your body from free radicals.
- Reduces Cholesterol – blueberries help reduce a predominant risk factor for heart disease by preventing oxidative damage to “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- Anti-Diabetes Effect – helps to improve insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels.
How To Make Blueberry Nice Cream
Making frozen desserts and ice cream at home is easy. All it takes is 3 ingredients and you can be enjoying fresh homemade blueberry no-churn ice cream in less than 5 minutes!
Add all the ingredients in the order above to your Vitamix blender (liquids first, then powder and frozen items last.)
Blend on high for 40 seconds and stirring occasionally with the tamper to keep pressing the ingredients towards the blade for a smooth, even blend.
Fold in lemon zest after the ice cream has finished blending. Serve immediately and enjoy!
‘Go Blue on South Granville’ Event
To launch the start of this year’s fresh blueberry season, the British Columbia Blueberry Council (BCBC) is teaming up with the South Granville Business Improvement Association (SGBIA) to celebrate all things blue – as in blueberries – for ‘Go Blue on South Granville’. This 10-day event will take place from July 18 to 28, 2019 along South Granville.
A number of South Granville’s restaurants will be featuring local blueberries in both savoury and sweet offerings, as well as beverages. In addition, the street (from 5th to 16th Ave) will be transformed with hues of blue as various retailers will be celebrating blueberries in their own ways – with special promotions, sales, events, and decorations.
@bcblueberries #GoBlueSouthGran #instanomssPrint
This delicious Blueberry Lemon Zest Coconut Milk Ice Cream just needs 3 ingredients! You’re going to love this easy to make, no churn ice cream recipe that can be ready to eat in less than 5 mins! This insanely creamy, fruity nice cream with a little bit of zing, is egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and totally vegan! Best of all, it is absolutely healthy and packed full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and folate for a healthy boost to your immune system!
- Add ingredients (Thai coconut milk, organic coconut sugar and frozen blueberries) in the order above to your Vitamix blender. Liquids first, then powder and frozen items.
- Blend on high for 40 seconds and stirring occasionally with the tamper to keep pressing the ingredients towards the blade for a smooth, even blend.
- Fold in lemon zest after the ice cream has finished blending.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- How to freeze blueberries: To freeze your blueberries, make sure they’re dry and keep them in their original plastic clamshell, or put them in re-sealable plastic bags or containers.
- Store in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- If you prefer a harder consistency, set in the freezer for 30 mins before immediate serving.
- Don’t overdo it: Blending for more than a minute will cause the mixture to start melting.
- The ideal ratio for frozen desserts is approximately 1 cup of frozen fruits to 1/4 cup of liquid.
Keywords: BC Blueberries, Blueberry Lemon Zest Coconut Milk Ice Cream, blueberry nice Cream recipe, no churn ice cream, Vitamix ice cream recipe, desserts, egg-free, dairy-free, Vegan ice cream, Gluten-Free
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!