Autostrada Osteria is a casual osterie on Main Street, Vancouver between East 32nd and 33rd. The Co-Owner and Head Chef come from La Quercia, founder of La Pentola and co-owner of Cinara. The menu focuses on quality ingredients, fresh handmade pasta and few regional wines. […]
Where to eat for Mother’s Day Weekend? Are you wondering where to take Mom out for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner in Vancouver this year? Here are a few places in Metro Vancouver that are hosting special events for Mother’s Day May 11 and 12, 2019. […]
Just like that the 6th annual Healthy Family Expo took place last weekend at the Vancouver Convention Centre on March 24th, 2019. This was a fun-filled day for with over 200 exhibitors showcasing healthy, active, eco-friendly products and services for Metro Vancouver families. We enjoyed all the healthy & tasty food and beverage sampling and shopping in the Whole Foods Market and London Drugs Health Zones.
Emily and we enjoyed stage highlights with Live Dino Shows, a Science World Demo, and Gumboot Kids Live Shows featuring Jessie Farrell and her CBC Kids friends Daniel Tiger, True, Daisy and Scout!
The 35,000 square foot Active Kid Zone includes exciting NEW activities like CircusWest tightwire & stilts workshops, Safe Archery, Toddler Sandbox, and the Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan, plus returning favourites Springfree Trampoline, a rock climbing wall, bouncy castles, the Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan, Sportball, face painting and more! Not to mention there was a $10,000 Grand Prize Showcase that includes a Springfree Trampoline!
REMEMBER! Kids Get in FREE! – All kids up to age 16 get FREE ADMISSION!
We loved all the swag that we took home. And who can say no to this cute pop-up kitchen playset?
Use code HFENOM online for 25% off 2 or more Expo tickets – deal ends soon!
Healthy Family Expo:
When: March 24, 2019
Time: 9am – 6pm
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre, East Building
Address: 999 Canada Place Way, Vancouver
Tickets: Missed out this year? CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR HEALTHY FAMILY EXPO 2020 ONLINE!
Exhibitor List 2019
Exhibitor List 2019
6Pack Indoor Beach
A-Star Art Parlour
Alia Ledoux Essentials
Anitau2019s Organic Mill
Around the Back Chiropractic
BC Childrenu2019s Hospital Foundation u2013 RBC Race for The Kids
BC Parent Magazine
Bikers Against Child Abuse
Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
Caboo Paper Products
Canucks Autism Network
Cultus Lake Adventure Park
Cultus Lake Waterpark
du014dTERRA Essential Oils
Everland Natural Foods
Evo Car Share
Evolve Skateboard & Scooter Camps
Fatso High Performance Peanut Butter
Floating Leaf Fine Foods
Four Ou2019Clock Tea
Frog Friendly Coffee
Good Food For Good
Grimmu2019s Fine Foods
GTu2019s Living Foods
Health Canada u2013 Environmental Health Program
Kicking Horse Coffee
Kuddles Early Learning Centre
LaCroix Sparkling Water
Little Picasso Series
Little Winks Sleep
Loot Toy Company
Love Child Organics
Love Good Fats
Monarch Pediatric Dental Centre
Movies for Mommies
Mr. Quinleyu2019s Adventures
My Whole Earth Academy Preschool
Natural Calm Canada
Nature Bee Beeswax Wraps
North Shore Pediatric Dentistry
Ocean Wise AquaVan
One Degree Organics
Organika Health Products
PDG Pediatric Dental Group
Peaceful Easy Vegan Nutrition
Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia
Plastic Oceans International
Posh Baby and Kids
Prostate Cancer BC u2013 Fatheru2019s Day Walk Run
Raou2019s Specialty Foods
Renewal by Anderson
Science World On The Road
Silver Hills Bakery
Spark Fitness Cloverdale
Spark Fitness Surrey
Squamish Water Kefir
SweetLegs Abbotsford with Katie
SWISH Your Breath
Tender Leaf Toys Canada
the breeze 104.3
The Little Explorers
Third Eye Martial Arts Studio
TJu2019s The Kiddies Store
Vancouveru2019s Pediatric & Family Wellness Chiropractor
Vegan Family Kitchen
West 1st Chiropractic Wellness Centre
West Coast Bugs
West Coast Families Magazine
West Coast Railway Heritage Park
Whole Foods Market
Wild Coast Fruit Co.
Zorbas Bakery and Foods
Where to eat for Easter Weekend Brunch, Lunch or Dinner in Vancouver this year? Here are a few places in Metro Vancouver that are hosting special events for Easter Weekend April 19-21 2019. To avoid lengthy wait times, reservations are highly recommended. This list […]
Where are you celebrating Earth Hour? Show your care for the Earth this Saturday, March 30, from 8:30 to 9:30 pm. Now in its 12th year, the annual global initiative — recognized as “the world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment” — sees millions of […]
The 20th Annual BCPMA Healthy Chef Competition took place March 20th at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Vancouver. It is co-hosted by BC Produce Marketing Association and BC Chefs’ Association (BCCA). There were over 500 guests in attendance and 10 restaurants showcasing their use of fresh produce into each dish. The evening was filled with food, silent auctions, a swag bag and swag box of fresh produce and more.
Below is the menu from each restaurant properties:
- Kampachi & Salmon sashimi (appetizer): scallion, apple, fingerling potato chips, sunflower sprouts, chilled white shoyu dashi
- Lamb (entrée): Lamb with Little Potato CO Fingerlings, sun choke, English Peas, Foraged Mushrooms, Fermented Wild Blueberries and apple Bordelaise Sauce.
- The Dark Chocolate Forest (dessert): Chocolate and moss, spruce infused milk chocolate mousse, chocolate soil, Meringue Mushrooms and pistachio streusel.
- Duck Two Ways (entrée): Sous vide duck breast in prosciutto, sherry duck glaze, and crispy skin sand. Duck, fois gras and porcini globe with oven dried tomato. This was served with purple potato, heirloom carrots, cauliflower crisps, and pea puree.
- Cucumber Panna Cotta (dessert): Cucumber panna cotta with Ambrosia apple, celery salad, mini gelato and lime syrup, and topped with meringue.
Acqua Restaurant and Bar at Executive Suites Hotel Metro Vancouver
- Star Anise Kumquat Duck (entrée): kumquat glace de viande, smoked red kuri squash, black ink crisps, shimeji mushrooms, pickled mustard fennel kimchi, crispy lotus chips, black garlic sesame puree, and fennel tops.
- Yuzu Meringue Pie (dessert): Meyer lemon, yuzu, dulche de leche, purple tapioca crisp, macerated berries, blueberry meringue.
- Maple Pumpkin Crusted Cod (entrée): Cod fish served on a bed of Rapini Apple Chutney Potato Pave, Roasted Beet, Butternut Squash and Corn purée
- Bannock Truffle (dessert): Coconut Dark Chocolate Potato, Beet Ginger IceCream on a wafer crisp topped with a Ambrosia Apple Chip and Blueberry purée
- Pig in the Cabbage Patch (entrée): Gelderman Farms roast pork loin, fried sauercraut, cauliflower and leek fondue, fingerling potato, and olive oil sous-vide grape tomato.
- BC Ambrosia Apple Pie Gelee (dessert): Sable tart, maple dijon Chantilly Cream, Apple Cider Tuiles, Contreau Caramel, and Mint Infused Strawberry.
- Fermented Pine Mushroom Medley (entrée): Celeriac, Housemade Pumpkin Seed miso farro, pumpkin seed Dukkah, pea puree, Celeriac puree, vegetable demi, smoked fingerling potatoes, pickled daikon, shaved fennel, compressed granny smith Apple.
- Strawberry Panna Cotta (dessert): Almond Cocoa Bin Granola, compressed strawberries, sorrel yogurt sherbet, minted skim milk whipped cream
75 West Coast Grill at Marriott Vancouver Airport
- Sous vide octopus (entrée): Tender octopus served with romesco and manchego cheese cannelloni, charred corn segments, sweet corn foam, avocado puree, mole sauce.
- Ambrosia apple gateau bisque (dessert): Walnut milk sphere, charred lemon curd, pistachio and green grape soil, fruit lather, apple fluid gel, amaretto berry variations.
- Scallops (entrée): Sundried tomato crushed baja scallops with blue skin baby potato filled with yam puree, along with asparagus, baby carrots and baby beet roots served atop red cabbages, miso puree and soy orange butter sauce.
- Chocolate Cake (dessert): Molten cake filled with chocolate and raspberry sauce, chocolate dirt, and whipped vanilla panna cotta with mango fruit gel drops, finished with crystallize pear chips and edible flowers.
- Red Beet Fused Dry Aged AAA Striploin (entrée): 35 days dry aged hormone free AAA Striploin, sweet potato roulade, baby nugget puree, baby beets, caulilini, cipollini, purple brussel, squash puree, nasturtium, dark mesh tuile, and Madagascar peppercorn sauce.
- The Real Taste of Banana (dessert): White chocolate banana mousse cake tube, cocoa butter, banana compote, hazelnut dacquiose, dolce de leche, fizzy fruit berries, and edible gold dust.
- Braised Pork Cheek (entrée): Sunchoke, Ambrosia, Sour Radish, Amaranth
- Rhubarb bar (dessert): Dehydrated Vanilla Meringue, Kombucha fluid gel
And the Winner is…
- White Spot: People’s Choice Award – Duck Two Way
- The Wild Fig: Best Entrée – Red Beet Fused Dry Aged AAA Striploin
- Vancouver Community College: Best Dessert Award – Rhubarb bar
- The Wild Fig: Best Table Presentation – Jungle themed table made from all vegetables and fruit
I was great seeing and judging those that stepped up to the plate and went above and beyond incorporating fruits and vegetables to their menu creations! Missed out on this year’s competition? Watch out for next year’s 21st annual 20th Annual BCPMA Healthy Chef Competition. For more information, visit https://www.bcproducebc.ca
I was invited by BCPMA.
Vancouver International Wine Festival is one of Canada’s premier food & wine event that you don’t want to miss. Although this year’s themed wine region is California, we enjoyed a sumptuous winery lunch at Lift Bar & Grill at Coal Harbour featuring food-friendly wines from Chile and Argentina. […]
If you are looking for different ways to celebrate and ring in Lunar New Years, I am excited to share with you the Year of the Pig themed afternoon tea at H Tasting Lounge at The Westin Bayshore in Vancouver, Coal Harbour neighbourhood. The stylish […]
Over the years, Famoso Italian Pizzeria + Bar has been offering Italian dishes and Neapolitan pizza in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and other Canadian cities. We love their authentic Naples pizza – a thin, crisp crust, soft centre and fresh 100% Canadian cow’s milk mozzarella. Few days ago we got to try their new menu now available in Metro Vancouver (Commercial Drive and Guildford Town Centre), soon to be available at all locations across Canada. Here’s a sneak peek and a chance to win $100 Gift Card and a jar of Campania tomato sauce!
Starting the evening off right with some tasty appetizers:
Baked Garlic Shrimp: skillet style shrimp, garlic oil and Grana Padano with rustic crostini.
Pork + Veal Ricotta Meatballs: Super juicy meatballs over Authentico tomato sauce, Grana Padano, ricotta, extra virgin olive oil and served with garlic flatbread.
Spanish Chorizo & Polenta: Oven roasted spicy chorizo sausage served with creamy Mascarpone hand milled polenta and portobello mushrooms.
Sandwiches: Perfect for those craving something lighter or in a hurry.
- Chicken Pesto Artichoke: Oven roasted marinated chicken breast, pesto, melted Provolone, warm peppers and artichoke, arugula on a crispy grilled focaccia.
- Brooklyn Deli (Wiseguy): Oven crackling baguette, balsamic, olive oil, prosciutto, soppressata, capicola, Provolone, romaine, vine tomatoes and Italian drizzle.
Rigatoni Bolognese: Simple homestyle Italian meat sauce, Grana Padano and served with garlic bread.
What is Grano Padano? Grando Padamo is a hard, slow-ripened, semi-fat, cow’s-milk cheese from Italy, comparable to Parmigiano Reggiano.
Fettuccine Pesto Primavera: Creamy garlic, olive oil, basil and Grana Padano.
Chicken Parmigiana: Forno roasted breaded chicken breast, Authentico Pomodoro, Provolone, Parmesan and linguine. Perfect toddler & kids meal that they’ll love to eat!
Il Diablo Pizza: Served individual or family size. This thin crusted pizza is made with authentic Campania tomato sauce, fresh fior di latte, smoked Mozzarella, red and green peppers, roasted mushrooms and a Forno Roasted Chorizo sausage and finished with a drizzle of house-made chili oil.
Famoso Campania Tomato Sauce: For the sixth year, Famoso Pizzeria is partnering with Mealshare to help end youth hunger in #Canada, one jar of tomato sauce at the time. 🍅 🍝 From today through December 31, 2018, for every jar of Campania sauce purchased, meals will be provided to Canadian youth in need right in the community in which the sauce was sold. Get yours today at your nearest Famoso Pizzeria!
WANT TO WIN $100 GIFT CARD TO FAMOSO PRIZE PACK?
To enter this amazing giveaway, you must be Canadian resident (13+ years of age). Complete the following. Your chances increases the more items you complete and the more social media platforms you follow. Good Luck! DEADLINE: December 16, 2018 11:59pm PST
Enter to Win
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us which dish you’d like to eat. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT win @famosopizzeria $100 #giftcard Campania Tomato Sauce from @instanomss #FamosoPizzeria #instanomss #vancouver
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
ABOUT FAMOSO NEAPOLITAN PIZZERIA
They are known for their Naples style pizzas using authentic ingredients to create their Neapolitan pizzas.
- TOMATOES are imported from Campania. Hand-mill them before the oven caramelizes them to perfection.
- FIOR-DI-LATTE is 100% Canadian cow’s milk mozzarella. Invented in Naples, this cheese is rich and creamy.
- BASIL is hand-torn and is the Italian herb topping on many dishes.
- FLOUR is highly refined and low-gluten, making for easy digestion and endless enjoyment. ‘00’ Flour produces an amazingly soft yet crispy pizza crust.
- PIZZAS are hand-tossed by our expert team of Pizzaiolos – pizza-makers trained by Famoso’s certified founders – then fired in an authentic bell-shaped oven imported from Italy for 90 seconds at 900ºF.
Famoso Italian Pizzeria + Bar
Cuisine: Italian, Pizza
Mon 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Tue 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Wed 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Thu 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Fri 11:00 am – 12:00 am
Sat 11:00 am – 12:00 am
Sun 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
1380 Commercial Dr, Vancouver, BC V5L 3X6
Phone: (604) 251-2292
The other night I attended a “When Poultry Meets Wine” popup dinner at Edible Canada with Fraser Valley Specialty Poultry. The action-packed evening was filled with delicious eats featuring different poultry products, wine pairings from Ripples Estate Winery and a culinary demonstration by Chef Tobias on […]
Chef Clement Chan and the Torafuku team celebrates Torafuku’s third birthday. Torafuku translates to lucky tiger in Japanese, and tiger is the Chinese zodiac symbol for the number three. We’ve been here for their grand opening and curated private events! Now Chef Chan continues to […]
Mott 32 卅二公館 in Vancouver recently just launched their summer menu and we were so excited to taste test it before it was open to the public. This high end fine dining Chinese restaurant is located at Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver at 1161 W Georgia Street.
They have a lovely patio, just perfect for a glass of rose just to get your appetite going!
We brought little Emily with us and she absolutely love their super cute table settings for kids!
Egg White Dumplings: This deliciously light and delicate dumpling is made with South Australian scallop, garoupa, caviar egg and gold leaf!
King Prawn Garlic Spring Roll: Super fresh and bouncy prawns.
Blue Swimmer Crab Meat Soup with Conpoy dried scallops and winter melon. This soup is absolutely perfect for summer! Winter melon helps improves digestion with its cool down effects for the summer heat. It is light and sweet with a hint of freshness distinctive to shell fish.
Cold Free Range Chicken: An absolute favourite of mine! The coriander and black truffle pairing is so lovely without being overwhelming. I could eat the whole dish myself!
White Asparagus and Crab Meat: Tender baby asparagus itself is mild tasting and goes nicely with honey peas and egg whites sauce. All you need is a bowl of rice.
Crispy Cod Fish: This deep fried spicy cod is light and not one bit greasy. The crispy garlic and chilies were so fragrant. Although a little spicy, I couldn’t stop eating it!
Alaskan Crab Meat Lotus Fried Leaf Rice: This fragrant fried rice is topped with a creamy crab meat white sauce. It goes extremely well with a heaping spoonful of their house made XO sauce!
Guava Pomelo Dessert: This twist on the traditional mango pomelo sago sweet soup is equally as tasty with a hint of tarty sweetness from Guava. What a nice refreshing dessert for summer!
Most of the items on the new summer menu at Mott 32 is available during both lunch and dinner services. Let me know what your favourite dish is in the comments below!
Mott 32 卅二公館
Cuisine: Chinese, Dim Sum, Seafood
Mon 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Tue 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Wed 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Thu 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Fri 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Sat 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Sun 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver
1161 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V7Y 1K8
Earls Restaurant Group is opened its new Ambleside Beach location on May 9, 2018. The first Earls to open in BC since 2010, Earls Ambleside Beach has been conceived specifically for this West Vancouver location and demographic. The design is ‘West Coast meets California Beach’ style […]
Hello Fresh is a meal delivery service in Canada. They deliver to nine different markets: Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Québec, Newfoundland, and the Maritimes. They deliver via courier Sunday-Thursday every week depending on your postal code. Usually deliveries will arrive between 8am-8pm. Although […]