Every time after the holidays or after over-indulging on fried foods I always turn to Chinese soup to neutralize it. Chinese soups are so good to nourish and tune up the imbalance in my body. Chinese soups has great edible medicinal properties. Plus, soups are super comforting. Green radish and carrots with pork bone soup is great to lower the “heat” ( 熱氣) in the body.
Green Radish and Carrot with Pork Bone Soup Recipe 青紅蘿蔔豬骨湯 is super easy to make. It is good for a cold and nourishes internal organs, de-stress and detox the body. Carrots are high in beta carotene and Vitamin A. The soup is ‘sweet’.
The soup color is light orange color. I like to use both pork bone and chicken to added depth of flavor and complexity. Typically I would have pork bone or ribs handy in the freezer.
Pork bones usually has fatty bone marrow to munch on as an extra dish for dinner. Dip it in some soy sauce mixed with some chili. They are excellent and delicious!
What is your favorite soup? Let me know in the comments below!
Green Radish and Carrot with Pork Bone Soup Recipe 青紅蘿蔔豬骨湯 is super easy to make. It is good for a cold and nourishes internal organs, de-stress and detox the body. Carrots are high in beta carotene and Vitamin A.
- 1 lb pork bones
- 3 Chicken drum sticks (skin removed)
- 1 large green radishes, cut into chunks
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 ginger slices (optional – adding ginger will add some ‘heat’)
- 2 dried honey date or dried figs
- 1 handful of Chinese north almond 北杏 and south almond 南杏 (apricot kernels)
- 5 liters water
- pinch of salt
- Peel and cut the green radish and carrots into chunks.
- Blanch pork bones and chicken drumsticks in hot water
- Wash Chinese north and south almond and dried honey dates
- Fill clay pot with water to 80% water level, bring to boil and add all ingredients in
- Boil on high heat for 1 hours
- Reduce to medium heat for another 2 hours
- Add pinch of salt for taste
- Serve hot
The same results can be achieved in an Instantpot. Set to manual high pressure mode for 1 hour.
Keywords: Green Radish, Carrot, Pork Bone Soup, Recipe, 青紅蘿蔔豬骨湯, nourishing, wellness, Chinese
Pin the above image to your Chinese recipe board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!