A Christmas cookie exchange is a fun and festive event where people share their family favorites holiday cookie recipes. It's a great way to try new recipes and enjoy a variety of delicious cookies. The following list of 37 Best Christmas Cookie Recipes with Ginger. Whether you are looking for the best gingerbread cookie recipe, ginger molasses cookies or vegan gingersnap cookies, there is bound to be one perfect treat to help get the cheerful baker in you started!
- Christmas Cookie Exchange
- How To Make the Best Ginger Cookies
- >37 Ginger Flavoured Christmas Cookies
- Small Batch Gingerbread Cookie (Eggless)
- Small Batch Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Greek Style Gingerbread Cookies (No Chill)
- Gingerbread Macadamia Biscotti
- Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookies
- Festive Gingerbread Pizzelle Recipe
- Gingersnap Cookies!
- Triple Ginger Cookies
- Sugar Free Ginger Pecan Cookies
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
- Gingerbread Kiss Cookies
- Grinch Inspired Ginger Sandwich Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Ginger Cookies
- Brown Butter Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan)
- Chewy Ginger Orange Cookies
- Crunchy Gluten-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Ginger Melted Snowman Cookies
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
- Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Last Minute Honey Gingerbread Cookies
- Healthier Chocolate Chunk Molasses Gingerbread Cookies
- Mini Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Spiced Shortbread Cookies
- Molasses Crinkle Ginger Cookies Recipe
- Vegan Ginger Cookies with Maple Icing
- Gingerbread Madeleines
- Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Old Fashioned Ginger Crinkle Cookies
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Swirl Cookies
- Chewy Gluten Free Ginger Cookies
- Spiced Embossed Cookie
- Ginger Cookies or (Ginger Biscuits)
- Gluten Free Lebkuchen
- Christmas Gingerbread Biscuits
- Vegan Amaretti
- Gingerbread Men
- >How To Take Part In This Week's #COOKBLOGSHARE
Christmas Cookie Exchange
A Christmas cookie exchange is a fun and delicious way to celebrate the holiday season. It's an excellent opportunity to try new recipes, share your favorite holiday cookies, and spend time with friends and family.
Here's how a cookie exchange works:
- Invite friends, family, and neighbors to participate in the exchange. Ask each person to bring a batch of their favorite Christmas cookies and copies of the recipe.
- Set up a table or tables where people can display their cookies. Make sure there is enough space for everyone's cookies and provide some plates, napkins, and utensils for people to use.
- As people arrive, have them set out their cookies on the table. Encourage everyone to try a little bit of each cookie and to take copies of the recipes they like.
- Once everyone has arrived, allow people to start exchanging cookies. They can take one of each kind of cookie or mix and match to create their own personalized assortment of the perfect Christmas cookies box.
- Enjoy the cookies and conversation, and remember to take some cookies home to enjoy later.
How To Make the Best Ginger Cookies
Ginger is a delicious and festive ingredient that can add holiday cheer and flavor to Christmas cookies. Here is a simple recipe for ginger cookies that you can try at home:
To make the best soft gingerbread cookies, follow the recipe carefully, and use high-quality ingredients. Here are a few tips to help you make the best gingerbread cookies:
- Use unsalted butter and high-quality molasses for the best flavor.
- Use fresh warm spices for the best flavor. Ground cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar and cloves will add warm and spicy flavors to your cookies.
- Don't overmix the dough. Mix the ingredients until they are well combined, but be careful not to overwork the dough or the cookies will be tough.
- Roll the dough to the desired thickness before cutting out the cookies with cookie cutters. If you like your gingerbread cookies to be soft and chewy, roll the dough to about ¼ inch in thickness. If you prefer a crispier cookie, divide dough and roll out to about ⅛ inch thickness.
- Bake the fragrant cookies until they are set and soft in the middle. Overbaking the cookies will make them hard and crispy, so keep an eye on them as they bake.
By following these tips, you should be able to make the best soft gingerbread cookies.
Ingredients and Substitues
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the egg and molasses.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined. Alternatively, use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment to mix.
- Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop, and place the small balls and place them on the prepared cookie sheet. Leave enough room, about 2 inches of space, between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These ginger cookies are delicious and perfect for the holiday season. You can decorate them with icing or sprinkles if you like, or enjoy them as is. They are a great addition to any Christmas cookie platter and will surely be a hit with your family and friends.
WHAT IS #COOKBLOGSHARE?
CookBlogShare is a community for food bloggers to share recipes and foodie posts and generally support the food blogging community. The community is centred around the #CookBlogShare linky.
It is a wonderful way for a wide range of food writers, recipe creators and bloggers to come together and share each other’s recipes.
The last linky was hosted by Chloe from Feast Glorious Feast who put together a collection of The Best Festive Treats.
Each week the host chooses a selection of recipes which have been submitted during the previous week to showcase.
This week, I'm sharing a round up of 37 crispy and chewy ginger cookies enough for all 31 days of Christmas Cookies indulgence!
>37 Ginger Flavoured Christmas Cookies
Small Batch Gingerbread Cookie (Eggless)
Get ready for cookie season with Small Batch Gingerbread Cookies made without shortening and decorated with an eggless royal icing! Plus learn tips and tricks on how to make rolling out cookie dough stress free this holiday.
Small Batch Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and chewy with a bit of spice and fresh ginger, these small batch Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies will be Santa’s new favorite Christmas cookie.
Greek Style Gingerbread Cookies (No Chill)
Mavrodaphne wine adds a Greek twist to an all-time favorite Christmas cookie! These vegan gingerbread cookies are slightly crunchy on the outside and chewy inside. They are easy to make and hold their shape perfectly. This recipe is also a real time-saver because you don’t need to chill the dough!
Gingerbread Macadamia Biscotti
Gingerbread Macadamia Biscotti is spicy gingerbread biscotti studded with macadamia nuts and dipped in white chocolate for the perfect holiday treat!
Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookies
This Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookies recipe is a quick and easy version of everyone’s favorite Christmas cookie! Made with pantry staples and done in just minutes, these air fryer gingerbread man cookies will become a new family tradition.
Festive Gingerbread Pizzelle Recipe
Looking for a holiday season Italian cookie that everyone will love? Try this gingerbread pizzelle recipe and you will find they make amazing gifts as well as delicious treats for everyone at home.
If you love cookies with warm spices, then you are going to love these easy gingersnap cookies! These cookies have crispy edges and chewy and soft centers, and they’re decorated with white chocolate and sprinkles to make the cutest gingersnaps ever!
Triple Ginger Cookies
These chewy triple ginger cookies are spicy and delicious with great texture and flavor. They are perfect for the holiday season.
Sugar Free Ginger Pecan Cookies
Sugar Free Ginger Pecan Cookies, a tasty dessert recipe that has no added sugar. Keto Low Carb Option included.
White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies are soft, chewy, and full of delicious seasonal flavors that taste like Christmas in dessert-form. Perfect for your holiday cookie swap!
Gingerbread Kiss Cookies
Jennifer Haber Fishkind Gingerbread kiss cookies combine Christmas spices with sweet Hershey’s Hugs to create the easiest, must-make holiday cookie. These delicious treats are quick to bake and a fun way to spread some joy.
Grinch Inspired Ginger Sandwich Cookies
Grinch Inspired Ginger Sandwich Cookies, these delicious dessert or snack cookies are flavored with ginger and cinnamon.
Gluten Free Chocolate Ginger Cookies
If you love dark chocolate and ginger then you should give these Gluten Free Chocolate Ginger Cookies a try. The cookies with fresh ginger are made with dutch processed cocoa and molasses and are a wonderful addition to any holiday cookie platter.
Brown Butter Ginger Molasses Cookies
This easy recipe for Brown Butter Ginger Molasses Cookies is a delicious twist on a classic gingersnap. These cookies are chewy in the middle, crispy on the outside, have a mild spice and an intense buttery flavor.
Soft Gingerbread Cookies (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan)
These Soft Gingerbread Cookies will be a holiday staple! They’re incredibly soft, chewy and flavorful from the molasses and warm spices. These gluten-free, paleo, and vegan cookies are sure to be a hit!
Chewy Ginger Orange Cookies
These Chewy Ginger Orange Cookies are a classic soft and chewy ginger cookie with a hint of orange zest. These flavorful cookies stay soft for up to a week!
Crunchy Gluten-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
With no refined sugars, dairy or gluten, these Crunchy Gingerbread Cookies are a delicious yet healthier twist on the classic!
Ginger Melted Snowman Cookies
Ginger melted snowman cookies with a marshmallow belly, peanut butter cup hat and chocolate chips for the eyes. Such a creative and kid-friendly dessert for the holidays!
Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
These gingerbread crinkle cookies are a soft and chewy cookie. They are a perfect blend of spices, flavor, and sweet, sugary goodness in every bite. Coated in a dusting of powdered sugar on the outside every cookie looks like it had fun with some freshly fallen snow!
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
These vegan gingerbread cookies are incredibly easy to make and come together in one bowl. Full of gingerbread spice with a hint of orange zest, they’re perfect for the holidays.
Last Minute Honey Gingerbread Cookies
The perfect easy gingerbread cookies with spelt flour, honey and brown sugar. They are delicious and everyone can make them even at last minute.
Healthier Chocolate Chunk Molasses Gingerbread Cookies
These healthier chocolate chunk molasses gingerbread cookies are chewy, soft and filled with the flavors of the holidays. Make them your chocolate chip cookie for the holiday season!
Mini Gingerbread Men Cookies
Mini Gingerbread Men Cookies are a fantastic way to have fun in the kitchen with the kids! They are made with the usual set of spices and an extra orange touch!
Spiced Shortbread Cookies
Simple cutout shortbread cookies spiced with cinnamon, ginger, allspice and lemon with a sweet vanilla glaze. Perfect for holidays. Based on Spiced Shortbread Buttons from The Perfect Cookie via America's Test Kitchen
Molasses Crinkle Ginger Cookies Recipe
these delicious soft and chewy molasses cookies are the perfect ginger inspired cookie. Fill your home with the aroma of fresh baked cookies and ginger.
Vegan Ginger Cookies with Maple Icing
Chewy, warm, and soft, these Vegan Ginger Cookies with Maple Icing couldn’t be easier to make. They’re absolutely delicious and make the perfect holiday (or any occasion) treat.
These Gingerbread Madeleines are a little gingerbread cakes drizzled with vanilla bean glaze. Crisp on the edges and tender inside, the flavors and textures are divine!
Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
They are super easy to make, eggless, with a great flavor from the fresh ginger, spices, and of course molasses.
Old Fashioned Ginger Crinkle Cookies
Theae Ginger Crinkle Cookies are made with spice cake mix, making them an easy holiday treat! They're always a big hit!
White Chocolate Gingerbread Swirl Cookies
The ultimate gingerbread swirl cookies with white chocolate chips. Great fun to make and chewy and gooey too. A massive hit during the festive season.
Chewy Gluten Free Ginger Cookies
These gluten free ginger cookies are soft and chewy with a crunchy exterior. They taste like Christmas, and are served with an optional maple glaze!
Spiced Embossed Cookie
This easy to follow and lightly spiced Embossed Cookie recipe produces a dough which holds the pattern of an embossed rolling pin whilst tasting great! I’ve got all the tips and tricks you’ll need to make perfect rolling pin cookies plus a troubleshooting guide so you’ll be able to make the most out of your patterned rolling pin. These spiced sugar cookies are simply perfect and you can use the same recipe to make simple cookie cutter biscuits too.
Ginger Cookies or (Ginger Biscuits)
Ginger Cookies (or Ginger Biscuits) with a perfect ‘snap’. Easy to make and utterly delicious. One of our absolute favourites at Gluten Free Alchemist. Gluten free. Optional dairy free.
Gluten Free Lebkuchen
An authentic soft, spiced, almond-based Gluten Free Lebkuchen cookie with a hint of citrus and sweetened with honey. Traditionally found in German Christmas markets. Egg Free. Optional Dairy Free.
Christmas Gingerbread Biscuits
These Christmas cookies are fl as poured with ginger and cinnamon. They not only taste delicious they look fabulous hanging on n the Christmas tree
Crunchy on the outside, wonderfully chewy on the inside, these vegan amaretti biscuits are light but not insubstantial. As they're made with almond flour, they're naturally gluten free.
>How To Take Part In This Week's #COOKBLOGSHARE
Scroll down to the linky widget and add your links. Make sure to read the rules so we can all share the love!
I’ll be commenting and sharing as many of the links as possible. They’ll also be pinned to the #CookBlogShare group Pinterest board.
Use the same hashtag #CookBlogShare on Instagram and social media and you can post your recipes in the CookBlogShare Facebook Page.
Scroll down to see what recipes have been linked up so far this week. Have a read and let us know what you think. Feel free to help share the love by sharing the recipes far and wide! You can also follow the #CookBlogShare hashtags on Twitter and Instagram to discover new and wonderful recipes.
You can link up any recipe or foodie posts you have. Both old and new posts are welcome as long as they have not been linked to #CookBlogShare before. There is no set theme but it is always sensible to think about upcoming seasons and holidays.
It is usually beneficial to link up towards the beginning of the week for maximum benefit to you.
You can link up to a maximum of 4 posts per linky.
For each recipe that you link up, choose at least 2 of the other recipes which have been linked that week, go to the blog post and leave a 5* rating & lovely positive comment. You might want to come back later in the week when more posts have been linked up – but don’t forget!
Please also comment on at least one post from that week’s host. Their linked posts will be marked “HOST” in the title. Please note that a host might request that comments are not left on the linky post as this isn’t always the most beneficial place for a host to feel the love!
There is no set requirement but there are several other ways that you can help share the love with the other members linking up. These can include:
- Pinning the recipe
- Sharing or scheduling a share to your Facebook page
- Sharing or scheduling a share to your Twitter Feed
- Saving the post to other sites like Yummly
- Hitting the heart icon in the bottom left corner if the blogger is using Grow.Me or Slicksteam.
Please note that by joining in, you are giving the #CookBlogShare hosts permission to use your pictures in a roundup and on social media if your recipe is selected as one of our favourites!
All CookBlogShare participants are asked to host the linky at least once a year. More details about hosting can be found in our Facebook Group.
Other Ways To Help The Community
- Follow #CookBlogShare on Instagram and like/comment on linked up posts.
- Follow #CookBlogShare on Twitter and like/retweet linked up tweets.
- Keep up with the Facebook Group for roundup recipe requests and other shouts for help.
- And do all these things yourself too!
- Get involved with the Facebook Group. Ask questions, answer questions, share successes and generally be part of the awesome community!
This Week's #COOKBLOGSHARE Linky
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork Char Siu 氣炸鍋蜜汁叉燒
- Easy Air Fryer Zucchini (Lemon Pepper)
- Easy Air Fryer Potsticker from Frozen 氣炸鍋餃子鍋貼
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Tofu 氣炸鍋椒鹽豆腐
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!