Are you team Peppermint Hot Chocolate? I can honestly say that I am not a fan. I'm not sure who coined Peppermint Mocha or Cocoa to be the holiday drink, but I am not sold! Let me introduce you to the Best Earl Grey Hot Chocolate ever! It is decadent. It is aromatic! And Earl Grey tea infusion gives the old classic hot chocolate a lovely new twist!
It is SO cold outside right now and it's expected to snow overnight - two whole centimeters! I know right?! Crazy! So imagine yourself on a winter's night with your coziest socks and a cup of hot cocoa (made from scratch), warming you up!
This tea infused hot chocolate can be easily adapted to different tea flavours like lavender or rooibos. You are not limited to just Earl Grey. I particularly like using these Vanilla Earl Grey loose leaves tea. I love the sweet and floral perfume. This tea has a light almost citrusy flavour with a flowery smooth velvety creamy full body. It is absolutely delicious when enjoyed on its own or paired with this Vegan Double Chocolate Protein Fluff and this Sugar-Free Rose Latte.
This Earl Grey Hot Chocoalte is the perfect sweet dessert drink this winter!Print
EARL GREY HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Tired of Peppermint Hot Chocolate? So am I, this Earl Grey Hot Chocolate is the best! It is decadent and aromatic! Adding Earl Grey gives it a lovely twist to an old favorite!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: tea, hot chocolate
- Cuisine: beverage
- 2 cups Oat milk (or nut milk like almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1 cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 4 Early Grey tea bags (I like using this and this)
- ½ tsp salt
- Drizzle of honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- Heat milk and cream and tea bags in a pot on medium heat until small bubbles start form.
- Turn off heat and let dried Earl Grey tea steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags or strain with sifter. Turn heat back to low and stir in salt and dark chocolate.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Serve with whipped cream* or top with marshmallows.
- *whipped cream can be made with battery milk frother with sugar & vanilla. Store bought is cool too!
Increase or decrease number of tea bags depending on your desired intensity.
Keywords: earl grey tea, hot chocolate, EARL GREY tea, recipe, dark chocolate, whipped cream
Pin the above image to your Hot Cocoa recipe board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
MORE VEGAN RECIPES:
- Super Alkaline Kale Salad
- Double-Steamed Snow Pear with Fritllaria Bulb Recipe 川貝燉雪梨
- Hawthorn Goji Berry Tea 山楂杞子茶
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Vegan Okonomiyaki Cauliflower Bites
- Anti-Inflammatory Vegan
- Hojicha Oat Milk Nice Cream (No Churn, Egg Free, Dairy Free)
- No Mayo Apple Vinegar Coleslaw
- Espresso Latte with Dalgona Chocolate Recipe (Easy)
- Vegan Korean Spicy Beef Stew (Yukgaejang) 육개장
- NeNe Chicken Vancouver
- Squid Game Honeycomb Candy Dalgona
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
Not a combination that I've ever considered before but that bergamot really hits the spot!
Thanks Chloe - the flavours just comes together quite lovely
I've made hot chocolate with coconut milk before and it was delicious. But would never have thought to add Earl Grey. What a fun idea.
This Earl Grey hot chocolate was the perfect way to start my day today. One might think it's not the right time of the year for hot chocolate but it's been rainy and downright chilly here in Kansas lately. I was so pleased to see that I already had the ingredients on hand and that it was so simple to prepare. Also caffeine in hot chocolate = genius!
You can never go wrong with hot chocolate and I love that you used early grey in this, what a fun addition!
Jere Cassidy says
I am a big big fan of Earl Gray Tea so I am excited to try this in hot chocolate.
So glad I found this recipe! This was so unique and comforting on a cold, rainy day. I absolutely love this idea and it will be making it again!
I loved this! The flavor the earl grey gave the hot chocolate was PERFECT!
I will have to try this! I do like peppermint and hot cocoa but always up to try a new warm drink!
nancy wu says
Hi Mindy! Hope you like it! Let me know how it turns out! 🙂 You can always tag me if you are on Instagram - #instanomss