Are you team Peppermint Hot Chocolate? I can honestly say that I am not a fan. I'm not sure who coined Peppermint Mocha or Cocoa to be the holiday drink, but I am not sold! Let me introduce you to the Best Earl Grey Hot Chocolate ever! It is decadent. It is aromatic! And Earl Grey tea infusion gives the old classic hot chocolate a lovely new twist!
It is SO cold outside right now and it's expected to snow overnight - two whole centimeters! I know right?! Crazy! So imagine yourself on a winter's night with your coziest socks and a cup of hot cocoa (made from scratch), warming you up!
This tea infused hot chocolate can be easily adapted to different tea flavours like lavender or rooibos. You are not limited to just Earl Grey. I particularly like using these Vanilla Earl Grey loose leaves tea. I love the sweet and floral perfume. This tea has a light almost citrusy flavour with a flowery smooth velvety creamy full body. It is absolutely delicious when enjoyed on its own or paired with this Vegan Double Chocolate Protein Fluff and this Sugar-Free Rose Latte.
This Earl Grey Hot Chocoalte is the perfect sweet dessert drink this winter!Print
EARL GREY HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Tired of Peppermint Hot Chocolate? So am I, this Earl Grey Hot Chocolate is the best! It is decadent and aromatic! Adding Earl Grey gives it a lovely twist to an old favorite!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: tea, hot chocolate
- Cuisine: beverage
- Heat milk and cream and tea bags in a pot on medium heat until small bubbles start form.
- Turn off heat and let dried Earl Grey tea steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags or strain with sifter. Turn heat back to low and stir in salt and dark chocolate.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Serve with whipped cream* or top with marshmallows.
- *whipped cream can be made with battery milk frother with sugar & vanilla. Store bought is cool too!
Increase or decrease number of tea bags depending on your desired intensity.
Keywords: earl grey tea, hot chocolate, EARL GREY tea, recipe, dark chocolate, whipped cream
Pin the above image to your Hot Cocoa recipe board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
MORE VEGAN RECIPES:
- Super Alkaline Kale Salad
- Double-Steamed Snow Pear with Fritllaria Bulb Recipe 川貝燉雪梨
- Hawthorn Goji Berry Tea 山楂杞子茶
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Vegan Okonomiyaki Cauliflower Bites
- Anti-Inflammatory Vegan
- Hojicha Oat Milk Nice Cream (No Churn, Egg Free, Dairy Free)
- No Mayo Apple Vinegar Coleslaw
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!