SAVOURY THEN SWEET: CINNABON® MINI ROLLS ROLL ONTO PIZZA HUT® CANADA MENU Pizza Hut delivers a one-of-a-kind dessert from Cinnabon® across BC! Pizza Hut and Cinnabon® are making pizza night even sweeter… because that’s just how they roll. After a sweet and successful launch south […]
This delicious Blueberry Lemon Zest Coconut Milk Ice Cream just needs 3 ingredients! You’re going to love this easy to make no churn ice cream recipe that can be ready to eat in less than 5 mins! This insanely creamy, fruity nice cream with a little bit of zing, is egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and totally vegan! Best of all, it is totally healthy and packed full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and folate for a healthy boost to your immune system!
Double-Steamed Snow Pear with Fritillaria Bulb Recipe 川貝燉雪梨 is one of my go-to recipes whenever I am sick or can’t get rid of the nagging persistent cough that just won’t go away. For anyone who hates taking medicine, pills or cough syrup, this natural Chinese Medicinal Food Therapy is for you! There is no downside like drowsiness or disgusting tastes of cough syrups. This recipe tastes much like a dessert. It is perfect for anyone suffering from seasonal coughs because it goes down easy and simply gives your throat and lungs a much need giant hug! This dessert soup will help you soothe and reduce swelling, nourish lungs, clear phlegm and reduce heat.
咳個不停: 川貝有化痰止咳、清熱潤燥、消腫散結功效，川貝由於性微寒, 只適用於治療熱咳、燥咳，如乾咳或痰黃，或口乾舌燥等症狀
This food therapy is easy to make and can be made without added sugar. The addition of rock sugar is to help mask the slightly bitter taste from Fritillaria Bulb 川貝. Fritillaria Bulb can be purchased at your local Chinese herbal store in bulb or powder form.
What is Fritillaria Bulb?
Fritillaria is a type of perennial, bulbous flowering plants belonging to the lily family. It is found in temperate regions in the Northern hemisphere. There are many species of Fritillaria that are toxic. Yellow Himalayan fritillary (Fritillaria cirrhosa) is commonly used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat respiratory conditions. Fritillaria has a bitter, sweet, and slightly cold nature.
Fritillaria are used in TCM to treat respiratory conditions connected to the lungs.
Many of the medicinal applications of fritillaria are connected to the lungs. In traditional Chinese medicine, Fritillaria is known for its ability to eliminate and decrease the production of phlegm and mucus by cooling and moistening the lungs, as well as reducing inflammation. Fritillaria also has potent antitussive properties providing relief from coughs.
How To Select and Buy Fritillaria Bulb 如何選擇和購買靓川贝
I suggest buying whole grain when selecting and buying Fritillaria compared to purchasing the powder form. It is easier to distinguish whether it is genuine. The original Fritillaria Bulb typically is spherical shaped and has a diameter of 2mm. The shape of the Chuanbei is structure with a large flap hugging a smaller flap. If you look closely, the middle it has the shape of a crescent moon.
Pre-polished Fritillaria Bulb original color is light brown. Most market Fritillaria is treated and bleached to be pearly white. Coffee brownish yellow colored Fritillaria Bulb has become harder to buy, so it is very important to soak it in water to remove impurities before consuming. Also Pingbei 平貝 is cheaper than Chuanbei 川貝.
Double-Steamed Snow Pear with Fritillaria Bulb Recipe | 川貝燉雪梨 This Chinese Medicinal food therapy is perfect for seasonal coughs that are persistent . This delicious and easy to make recipe will help you soothe and reduce swelling, nourish lungs, clear phlegm and reduce heat.
咳個不停: 川貝有化痰止咳、清熱潤燥、消腫散結功效，川貝由於性微寒, 只適用於治療熱咳、燥咳，如乾咳或痰黃，或口乾舌燥等症狀
- 19 grams Fritillaria Bulb 川貝 (1/2 兩)
- 1 Snow Pear (peeled, core removed, diced or sliced)
- 50 grams Rock Sugar (approx 2 medium sized rocks)
- 2 Fresh Lily Bulbs 鮮百合 (optional)
- Wash the Fritillaria Bulb 川貝 and soak in water for approximately to remove impurities.
- Rinse Fritillaria Bulb 川貝 and add to small ramekin.
- Wash, peel and remove core from the snow pear. Either dice or slice and place into ramekin.
- Do not add water.
- Cover ramekin with lid
- Place wire rack into InstantPot and add approximately 1 cup of water to the bottom.
Place ramekin on top of wire rack.
- Set InstantPot to manual high pressure for 1 hour.
If you do not have an InstantPot, the same results can be achieved over stove top in a pot for 2 hours. Make sure you cover the small ramekin with a lid to maintain pressure and heat.
Keywords: Double Steamed, InstantPot, Recipe, Dessert, Double-Steamed, Snow Pear, Fritillaria Bulb, 川貝燉雪梨, Chinese Medicinal, food therapy, 雪梨、百合、川貝, 川貝母粉、冰糖, 燉盅
Pin the above image to your Chinese Food Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
more: INSTANTPOT TAIWANESE GREEN ONION BEEF ROLLS RECIPE | 牛肉捲餅 | InstantPot Beef Brisket | Stir Fry Okra with Black Fungus 秋葵炒雲耳 | Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯| Pig Trotter with Black Vinegar and Ginger Recipe 豬腳薑醋
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
Are you team Peppermint Hot Chocolate? I can honestly say that I am not a fan. I’m not sure who coined Peppermint Mocha or Cocoa to be the holiday drink, but I am not sold! Let me introduce you to the best Earl Grey Hot Chocolate ever! […]
A new blossom inspires the starry night sky, marking the arrival of a luscious harvest. This year, TWG Tea narrates the story of the constellation with the Lotus Jade Tea Mooncake Collection, a rich and enduring assortment of patisseries set to inspire and intrigue any […]
UYU Ice Cream is a new dessert shop on 433 Abbott St., Gastown beside Prado Cafe and Tacomio. Similar to Soft Peaks, UYU Ice Cream uses only organic milk and local ingredients. Their flavors changes weekly. Sometimes you will get Earl Grey Tea with Vanilla and have a London Fog twist cone. Other days you will get Vietnamese Coffee and Matcha Green Tea.
UYU offers a variety of toppings like freeze dried fruits like oranges, strawberry, raspberry, other berries; nuts, granola and sunflower seeds. They also have other more unique items like black sesame powder.
I like that they aren’t going down the whole Fruit Loops, sugar high rush type condiments.
There are only two items on their menu: 1. soft serve ice cream 2. ice cream bars. Why complicate matters?!
UYU Ice Cream Prices:
- $4.75 One Topping
- $5.50 Two Topping
- $5.75 Three Topping
Drizzle is complimentary for every order.
Vietnamese Coffee soft serve ice cream with freeze dried raspberry, black sesame powder and black currant drizzle. There was a nice balance of coffee flavors to milk. The black currant drizzle was delicious and not too sweet.
So how does it compare to Soft Peaks Ice Cream? UYU is slightly sweeter. Both are creamy and rich. I liked that they offer completely different toppings and flavors. Why compete when you can have both?
I can just see a whole new purpose of going to Spin Class at Eastwood. Better make it a double!
UYU Ice Cream is designed by Campos Leckie Studio (the smal folks that brought you Small Victory Bakery). Clean, minimalist space focused on geometric designs. It is chic and modern.
There are no tables or seats at UYU. Grab your ice cream to go unless you don’t mind sitting on the window sill.
UYU Ice Cream
Cuisine: Dessert, Soft Serve, Ice Cream
Mon 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Tue 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Wed 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Thu 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Fri 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Sat 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Sun 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
433 Abbott St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1R3
It’s been awhile since I had some time to myself, to wind down, read #GIRLBOSS while enjoying some Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder and Frozen Coconut Ice Cream. Ambitious? Why the hell not? After all, it is Friday (or it should be TGIF everyday). Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder is USDA Certified Organic. The tea plants are free from harmful fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. USDA Certified Organic ensures that the tea plants used does not absorb these toxic elements. Kiss Me Organics tests their tea samples from several organic farms to ensure that they bring you the purest tea products available. Their green tea matcha powder has a darker hue than some green tea matcha powder I’m used to using.
Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Power Benefits:
- All day energy and focus: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
- Metabolism Boost: Consuming Matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body’s own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy expenditure, to between 35% and 43% of daily energy expenditure. Supports weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism.
- Improved Skin Health: Match Green Tea helps protect the skin from harmful UVrays, while improving blood flow and oxygen levels lifting the overall quality of the skin
If you are interested in buying Kiss Me Organics’ Match Green Tea?
They are sold exclusively on Amazon, so be sure to check them out – Matcha Green Tea Powder BUY HERE
Kiss Me Organics Matcha Nut Ice Cream Recipe:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ can condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. Kiss Me Organics Matcha powder
- ½ tbsp. bitter almond or rum extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- Make sure you start with a cold mixing bowl.
- Add heavy cream and extract then whip until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile mix chopped nuts and Matcha in to condensed milk.
- Fold condensed milk mixture into whipped cream until blended.
- Transfer your ice cream-to-be to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours. If you have KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment, you can cut your time in half!
- Enjoy by the scoop.
- Garnish with mint if desired.
- Recipe makes 1 quart, 4 to 8 servings.
Kiss Me Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
- 1 tsp. Matcha powder
- ¾ cup almond milk (or soy or cow or goat milk)
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tsp. agave syrup
- Place matcha in the bottom of a coffee mug or other heat-proof cup.
- Bring almond milk to a simmer in a small pot.
- Whisk boiling water slowly with the Kiss Me Organic Matcha powder in the mug, then pour in almond milk. Tip the cup to up the foam factor.
- Sweeten with agave syrup if desired.
- Makes 1 latte.
If you are interested in buying Kiss Me Organics’ Match Green Tea?
They are sold exclusively on Amazon, so be sure to check them out here:
We recently discovered Frozen Coconut, Be Coconut Water, and Be Coconut Chips at the 2014 Grocery Showcase West and CHFA West 2014. One of my favorite desserts is ice cream. Frozen Coconut Ice Cream is extremely creamy and is made from fair trade ingredients, raw (flash heated) coconut […]
Steamed Milk Pudding or Steamed Milk with Two Films 雙皮奶 shuang pi nai is one of the most popular Chinese dessert in Hong Kong. It is generally a steamed milk pudding 炖奶 dun nai. Other names may include steamed milk with egg white, steamed milk with ginger […]
The 4th annual Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival 2014 present by CityFood Magazine between January 18 – February 14, 2014. This year it features an exciting line up of chocolate makers who have come together to present you the wildest, most delicious flavors imaginable!
25 CHOCSTARS / 28 DAYS / 60+ Crazy Flavors: So what are some of these crazy flavors you ask? Bella Gelateria‘s gelato guru James Coleridge will present gBARs frozen gelato on a stick with flavors like salted caramel, black sesame, matcha, etc all served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Beaucoup Bakery‘s Dark Chocolate with black pepper. CocoaNymph‘s 64% dark chocolate with parmesan.
Be sure to visit one of the participating chocolate makers to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your loved ones over a cup of hot cocoa! For a full list of chocolate makers and 2014 Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival flavors, please see below!
Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival 2014
New for 2014
BLENZ COFFEE – (International Village, Waterfront, Fairview, South Granville)
- #11 – “MINT TO BE” An organic peppermint tea infusion made fresh to order and combined with Belgian milk chocolate. The result is a thinner consistency hot chocolate with a satisfying, classic milk chocolate flavour that is refreshing because of the cooling mint tea. Served with a mini chocolate croissant. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #12 – “MY FUNNY VALENTINE” A 50% dark Belgian chocolate with ginger. The chocolate melted and blended fresh to order with steamed milk and ginger syrup. Served with a mini chocolate croissant. Available: every day of the Festival.
EAST VAN ROASTERS
- #19 – “THE HIVE” ‘Hives for Humanity’ honey dark drinking chocolate. Served with a honey nib caramel. Available: January 18 – 31
- #20 – “HIGH SOCIETY” Earl Grey drinking chocolate. Served with East Van Roasters’ signature gluten-free brownie and candied orange. Available: February 1 – 14
KOKO MONK CHOCOLATES
- #29 – “THE PROPOSITION” Eggnog and Rum Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon. Served with your choice of cookie. Available: January 18 – February 14
- #30 – “THE BRUNETTE BANGLE” Hot Chocolate with the exotic hint of curry. Served with your choice of cookie. Available: January 18 – February 14
LAST CRUMB CAFE
- #31 – “NUT YOUR TRADITIONAL HOT CHOCOLATE” Chipmunks will chatter over this hot chocolate flavoured with peanut butter. Served with a berry marshmallow. Available: January 18 – January 31
- #32 – “WINTER CITRUS” Take a trip to Seville with this hot chocolate flavoured with orange blossom. Served with a citrus marshmallow. Available: February 1 – 14
UVA WINE BAR + BITTERED SLING
- #59 – “CHOCOFRAICHE” A hot drink composed of slow-melted dark chocolate and heavy cream, infused with chili, vanilla bean and cinnamon with a dollop of creme fraiche. Served with zeppoli (Italian doughnuts!) Available: all day, every day of the festival
- #60 – “SOUR CHERRY TISANE” Cold mocha rooibos tea, sour cherry and Pedro Ximénez cordial, Bittered Sling orange and juniper bitters. Served with zeppoli (Italian doughnuts!) Available: all day, every day of the festival.
- #61* – “THE BLACK WIDOW” (*contains alcohol) Uva’s HC-inspired cocktail: reposado tequila influenced with cacao beans and coffee, Cherry Heering liquer, Amaro averna, Bittered Sling plum and rootbeer bitters. Served with zeppoli (Italian doughnuts!) Available: Available every day of the festival, from 11 a.m. to closing.
- #62* – “CHARTREUSE MILKSHAKE” (*contains alcohol) Uva’s HC-inspired cocktail: Citadelle gin, green Chartreuse, cacao beans, lime and orange juice, Bittered Sling Malagasy chocolate bitters, egg white. Served with zeppoli (Italian doughnuts!) Available every day of the festival, from 11 a.m. to closing.
Back by Popular Demand for 2014
- #01 – “LIKE FEATHERS & SNOW” White Chocolate with warm spices. Served with a cardamom cookie. Available: January 18 – January 26
- #02 – “THE INTIMATE ACT” Milk Chocolate with passionfruit Served with a hazelnut cookie. Available: January 28 – February 5
- #03 – “HUNGERS SATISFIED” Dark Chocolate with black pepper, Served with a vanilla/maldon salt cookie. Available: February 6 – February 14
- #04 – “PEPPERMINT PATTY” Made from 70% Valrhona guanaja chocolate infused with organic peppermint and vanilla bean chantilly. Served with a double fudge cookie. Available: January 18 – 31
- #05 – “BANANA SPLIT” Made from 36% Valrhona Caramelia chocolate and topped with walnut marshmallows. Served with banana pound cake. Available: February 1 – 14
BELLA GELATERIA + TO DIE FOR BANANA BREAD
- #06 – “MONKEY’S UNCLE” gBAR made from banana liquer and swirls of “To Die For” Banana Bread crumb. Served with a slice of Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread alongside. Available: every day of the Festival
- #07 – “BLACK MAGIC” gBAR flavoured with black sesame and matcha tea. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Available: every day of the Festival
- #08 – “THE EVITA” gBAR flavoured with salted caramel – Argentina style. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #09 – “LONDON FOGGY” gBAR flavoured with vanilla and Earl Grey tea. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #10 – “RED HOT CHILI PEPPER” gBAR flavoured with chocolate, cinnamon and cayenne. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #13 – “PUT DE LIME IN DE COCONUT” Single origin Venezuela chocolate with organic coconut and kalamansi lime. Accompanied by a toasted coconut shortbread. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #14 – “A SNOWBALL’S CHANCE IN HELL” Single origin Mexican chocolate with Mexican chili poured over house made chocolate ice cream. Accompanied by a flourless chocolate cookie. Available: every day of the Festival.
CHOCOLATERIE DE LA NOUVELLE FRANCE
- #37 – “Chocolat Glacé” Iced drinking chocolate. Served with a Gaufre de Liège waffle, along with a side of fleur de sel caramel or chocolate hazelnut spread. Available: every day of the festival that the shop is open.
- #38 – “Chocolat Glacé à la Cardamome” Cardamom flavoured iced drinking chocolate. Served with a Gaufre de Liège waffle, along with a side of fleur de sel caramel or chocolate hazelnut spread. Available: every day of the festival that the shop is open.
- #39 – “Chocolat Glacé à la Noix de Coco” Coconut flavoured iced drinking chocolate. Served with a Gaufre de Liège waffle, along with a side of fleur de sel caramel or chocolate hazelnut spread. Available: every day of the festival that the shop is open.
- #40 – “Chocolat Glacé à la Rose” Rose flavoured iced drinking chocolate. Served with a Gaufre de Liège waffle, along with a side of fleur de sel caramel or chocolate hazelnut spread. Available: every day of the festival that the shop is open.
- #15 – “APHRODITE’S DELIGHT” Made from 72% dark chocolate, with mango rosemary puree and almond milk (vegan and dairy free). Served with a side of rosemary anise fudge. Available: January 18 – February 14
- #16 – “PHAUN’S FANCY” Made from 64% dark chocolate with parmesan and fresh nutmeg. Served with a side of Umami No. 5 fudge. Available: January 25 – February 14
- #17 – “HERA’S HABIT” Made from 50% deep milk chocolate with malted milk balls. Served with vanilla bean cinnamon shortbread. Available: February 1 – 14
- #18 – “BACCHUS’ DREAM” Made from 72% dark chocolate with red wine reduction and apple ginger compote. Served with walnut shortbread (vegan and dairy free). Available: February 7 – 14
FRENCH MADE BAKING
- #21 – “MAGNIFIQUE BRUNETTE” Valrhona Araguani Dark Chocolate (72%) with coconut milk and toasted coconut. Served with “Congolais” (coconut macaroon dipped in chocolate). Available: January 18, 24, 29 and Feb 3, 8, 13
- #22 – “BLONDE FATALE” Valrhona Dulcey caramelized white chocolate and salted caramel. Served with “Sable Chocolat” (chocolate and sea salt shortbread). Available: January 20, 23, 28 and February 2, 7, 12
- #23 – “BELLE DU SUD” Lavender-infused Valrhona Bahibe milk chocolate. Served with “Guimauve” (vanilla marshmallow). Available: January 22, 27 and Feb 1, 6, 11.
- #24 – “LORD OF THE HOT CHOCOLATE” Earl Grey-infused Valrhona Jivara milk chocolate (Valrhona Bahibe 46%). Served with a French macaron of your choice. Available: January 19, 25, 30 and Feb 4, 9, 14.
- #25 – “BEYOND THE MILKY WAY” Valrhona Araguani dark chocolate (72%), pear and almond milk (dairy free). Served with “Marocaine” (almond flour ball flavoured with orange blossom water (dairy free). Available: January 21, 26, 31 and February 5, 10.
- #26 – “KISS ‘N’ TELL” Kissed by the sun, some things are meant to go together, just like orange and chocolate. Served with a candied orange peel chocolate creation. Available: January 18 – 24
- #27 – “TWISTED ROMANCE” You’ll go gaga over hot chocolate made with Aussie natural black licorice. Served with chocolate-dipped natural black licorice. Available: January 25 – February 2
- #28 – “POPPED CHERRY” Cherry, chocolate and fig, with a surprising pop. Served with a dried cherry chocolate creation. Available: February 4 – 14
- #33 – “TIGER MILK” White Belgian chocolate with cardimom, nutmeg and saffron. Served with customer’s choice of liege waffle, cheesecake, chocolate, or a scoop of Italian ice cream. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #34 – “NOISETTE” Praline Belgian milk chocolate. Served with customer’s choice of liege waffle, cheesecake, chocolate, or a scoop of Italian ice cream. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #35 – “JAMAICA KISS” Belgian Milk Chocolate flavoured with coconut, pineapple and rum. Served with customer’s choice of liege waffle, cheesecake, chocolate, or a scoop of Italian ice cream. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #36 – “BOHO SECRET” A 72% Dark Belgian Chocolate flavoured with peppermint, turmeric, honey and pepper. Served with customer’s choice of liege waffle, cheesecake, chocolate, or a scoop of Italian ice cream. Available: every day of the Festival.
MINK CHOCOLATES & CAFE
- #41 – “PAULA DEAN WHITE TRASH TRAINWRECK” A 70% dark chocolate ganache with condensed milk, salted kettle chips, and vanilla whipped cream. Served with a 72% dark chocolate wafer. Available: January 18 – January 31.
- #42 – “CAFFE SHAKERATO CON CIOCCOLATO” Iced espresso and warm 70% dark ganache. Served with a chocolate covered lemon, orange or grapefruit citrus peel. Available: February 1 – February 14.
SCHOKOLADE ARTISAN CHOCOLATE
- #43 – “EXTRA DARK” Made from 90% dark chocolate and steamed almond milk. Served with four pieces of handcrafted chocolate pralines of your choice. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays
- #44 – “DARK AND SPICY” Made from 70% dark chocolate, cayenne, a shot of espresso and steamed milk. Served with four pieces of handcrafted chocolate pralines of your choice. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
- #45 – “BIG BAD WOLF” A 38% milk chocolate flavoured with a blend of gingerbread spices and steamed milk.
- Served with a gingerbread cookie. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
- #46 – “WINTER COMFORT” 100% pure hazelnut butter blended with your choice of milk or dark chocolate. Served with freshly made chocolate-dipped hazelnut biscotti. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
- #47 – “SNOW WHITE” White chocolate and steamed milk, flavoured with peppermint and rose. Served with four pieces of handcrafted chocolate pralines of your choice. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
- #49 – “9 O’CLOCK GUN” An aromatic cedar hot chocolate – perfect for a stroll around Stanley Park. Served with an Elderberry Caramel Bar
- Available: January 18 – 20, Jan 30 – February 1, February 11-13
- #50 – “FIVE SPICE DRAGON” To sip on while taking in all Chinatown has to offer – five spice flavoured hot chocolate. Served with a Fennel Fortune Cookie. Available: January 21 – 23, February 2 – 4
- #51 – “GRANVILLE ISLAND GROCERY LIST” Inspired by the flavours of Granville Island, this is a beet and saffron hot chocolate.
- Served with a Gjetost macaron. Available: January 24 – 26, February 5 – 7
- #52 – “HOT TODDY FLOAT” You’d stay warm and cozy even in the peaks of Grouse Mountain with this buttered rum hot chocolate blended with wild mountain honey ice cream. Served with a Grouse Grind Reward Cluster. Available: January 27 – 29, February 8, 9
TERRA BREADS BAKERY (Kitsilano, Olympic Village, 5th Ave)
- #53 – “CALL ME A CAB” Cacao Barry Extra Brute Hot Chocolate with Cabernet, cinnamon and pear. Served with a pear crisp and a cocoa sugar cookie. Available: January 18 – February 14
- #54 – “ALOHA SWEETIE” Barry Callebaut White Hot Chocolate with hibiscus flower. Served with mountain berry marshmallow and lemon sugar cookie. Available: January 18 – February 14
- #55 – “TRIO OF CHOCOLATE” The base of this hot chocolate is 66% Mokaya chocolate by Michel Cluizel. Served with a disk of 45% Kayambe milk chocolate and white chocolate ice cream. Available: January 18 – January 31
- #56 – “THE AMPAMAKIA” The base of this hot chocolate is Ampamakia 68% chocolate – a premium chocolate from a special plantation of Valrhona and only available at Thierry. Served with a marshmallow dipped in 80% chocolate. Available: February 1 – 10th
THOMAS HAAS (Kitsilano, North Vancouver)
- #57 – “THE CAMPFIRE” A classic hot chocolate, only with smoky caramel, smoked Hawaiian sea salt. Served with vanilla marshmallows.
- Available: every day of the Festival that the shops are open.
- #58 – “PASSIONISTA” Fresh passion fruit-infused hot chocolate with Grand Marnier chantilly. Served with passion fruit pate de fruit. Available: every day of the Festival that the shops are open
Cache Bistro and Lounge is a French fusion restaurant located in Yaletown with cute ambiance carried forward from the previous Thai restaurant. Red booth seats, big baroque gold decor fills the room. We came here one evening after a birthday for an extended gathering. The […]