I love a good spaghetti recipe. But this quick and easy pasta recipe requires almost no cooking at all! It is clean, simple, healthy yet packs incredibly with bursts of flavour thanks to the roasted tomato! I feel like this is the perfect dinner solution for the busy-mom (dad, parent, working individual) who still wants a tasty homecooked meal. The recipe is versatile. And the only cooking required is roasting your tomatoes and cooking the pasta.
Fresh burrata is my favourite!!! It is soft, gooey and melts easily to warm spaghetti. Roasting tomatoes give you a sweet robust pop of flavour. If you want a complex tomato sauce profile, you must add some cherry tomatoes! Roasting cherry tomatoes just give your tomato sauce that oomph that cannot be substituted with canned tomato sauce!
When I made this for dinner the other day before picking up Emily from daycare, I ran out of cherry tomatoes so that's why you can't see any in the photos. But TRUST ME, roasted cherry tomatoes is life! I learnt this a few years ago from David Lebovitz.
Anyways, adding the tomatoes together with the fresh burrata cheese and freshly picked basil from the garden makes the perfect flavour combination!
Place your cherry tomatoes and Brandywine heirloom tomatoes on a tin foil or parchment lined baking tray. Season generously with olive oil and rub them with fresh garlic cloves, salt and pepper. I prefer using coarse salt over table salt. I find it helps breaks down the tomatoes skin faster. Roast them in the oven at 425F for 40 to 45 minutes. If you have an outdoor grill, all the better. (I'm jealous!) The important thing to note is to use a baking tray big enough so the tomatoes are not overcrowded. You want room between them so the moisture escapes. You want them to be wrinkly and burst so they can release their juices. This way, it concentrates the tomato flavour. Remember, to keep all the juice and liquids for your pasta later! Don't worry about overcooking them. It's kind of hard to, but do check on them every once in a while to monitor the progress.
Pro-tip: Freeze roasted tomatoes and liquids to use for a quick pasta sauce later.
One thing about this recipe I mentioned earlier is how versatile it is. If you don't have spaghetti, use pappardelle, macaroni, or heck even your kid's animal pasta (mine LOVES these)! The only cooking you need is to cook your desired pasta to al dente. Once your pasta is cooked, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Remember to save the pasta water for later if your pasta needs more moisture.
Now you can sit on the patio, drinking glasses of chilled wine, while the tomatoes "cook" in the oven for 40 mins. You can probably catch up on an episode on Netflix too while you wait!Print
Roasted Tomato Pasta With Creamy Burrata Recipe
This quick and easy pasta recipe requires almost no cooking at all! It is clean, simple, healthy yet packs incredibly with bursts of flavour thanks to the roasted tomatoes! I feel like this is the perfect dinner solution for the busy-mom (dad, parent, working individual) who still wants a tasty homecooked meal.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 people 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Bake and Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 Brandywine heirloom tomatoes
- 2-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200 grams of spaghetti
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 ball burrata
- ¼ cup pasta water (if your pasta needs more moisture)
- bunch of basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- a drizzle of chilli oil to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place cherry tomatoes on tinfoil or parchment paper in a baking tray.
- Season generously with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximate 40-45 minutes or until tomatoes are wrinkly and bursts releasing liquids.
- Remove from the oven.
- About 15 mins before tomatoes finish roasting, cook your pasta.
- Cooking your pasta: boil water, add salt and cook your spaghetti pasta to al dente. The pasta will take around 10 minutes to cook through once the water reaches a boil.
- Drain and transfer cooked pasta to a large bowl. Reserve about ½ cup pasta water for later.
- Add roasted tomatoes with the liquids released.
- Divide and add burrata, parmesan cheese, basil, a drizzle of olive oil. Because you have already added salt and pepper to your roasted tomatoes, so do not need to add more salt unless you want to.
- If your pasta is too dry, add pasta water a little at a time.
- Give it a good stir and mix well!
- Transfer and plate pasta to individual serving plates. Add more parmesan, basil and olive oil for finishing. At the stage, I also like to add a drizzle of chilli oil.
- I like roasting extra tomatoes so I can get enough tomato juices and not use pasta water.
- Mixing the burrata in your freshly cooked pasta will melt it slightly. You will have some creamy, gooey, melted burrata (yummy!). Give it a good stir and mix well! Reserve some extra cheese for topping.
- You can use whatever pasta you want: Spaghetti, pappardelle, linguine, fettuccine, etc.
- Macaroni is good also because it can hold the sauce. Good for kids!
Keywords: Roasted Tomato Pasta, Creamy Burrata, healthy pasta Recipe, Spaghetti, pappardelle, linguine, fettuccine, fresh tomatoes, italian recipes, quick and easy dinner, easy to make pasta
Pin the above image to your Healthy Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
more: TURKISH SPICE BEEF FREEKAH BOWL WITH PICKLED CABBAGE | INSTANTPOT TAIWANESE GREEN ONION BEEF ROLLS RECIPE | 牛肉捲餅 | InstantPot Beef Brisket | Stir Fry Okra with Black Fungus 秋葵炒雲耳 | Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯| Pig Trotter with Black Vinegar and Ginger Recipe 豬腳薑醋 | Best Seafood Clam Chowder Recipe
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!