This Traditional Chinese Soup For Back Pain Recipe 社仲巴戟豬尾骨燉湯 is perfect for those suffering from nagging chronic back pains. Ideal for Postpartum and those with coccyx pain, weak knees and tender tendons. One of my favourite past times is making Chinese soup. I love the nourishing and medicinal aspect of healing the body from within.
Who Is This Chinese Healing Soup Suitable For?
This Chinese soup for back pain is neutral and suitable for most people. While it carries a subtly bitter taste from Codonopsis Pilosula (aka poor man's ginseng), it is still easy to drink.
The soup colour has a dark colour from the black bean and Morinda Officinalis / Indian Mulberry.
I do not suggest eating the meat from the pork bones after the soup is ready, unlike those from the Green Radish and Carrot with Pork Bone Soup Recipe 青紅蘿蔔豬骨湯. The meat from this TCM du zhong soup recipe can taste a little bitter after stewed for so long.
Health Benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicinal Herbs List
社仲 Eucommia Ulmoides - Du Zhong benefits enhance bones strength and body muscles, reduce fattiness, enhance energy metabolism and antioxidants
巴戟 Morinda Officinalis / Indian Mulberry - enhances libido because it improves kidney functions. Useful to treat urinary incontinence, female infertility due to cold uterus, pain and numbness because of wind-cold, soreness and weakness of low back and knee, rheumatism, etc.
党参 Codonopsis Pilosula - enhances immunity, dilates blood vessels, lowers blood pressure, improves microcirculation, and enhances hematopoietic function. The hematopoietic function is the process through which the body manufactures blood cells.
淮山 / 山藥 Dioscorea Polystachya – Commonly referred to as Chinese yam, Huai Shan has a sweet, neutral characteristic. Individuals with spleen deficient 脾虚 will find improvements in their digestive system. It promotes urination and inhibits gastric cleansing properties. Huai Shan targets kidney, lung, and spleen channels 腎﹐肺﹐脾. Chinese Yam benefits also help reduce blood sugar and blood pressure, improve antibodies, anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing, and improve vitality.
How To Use A Soup Fat Separator
I love using my OXO fat separator! It has a capacity for 4-cup/900mL. Pour the soup into the separator, and watch the fat rise to the top while soup settles to the bottom. The heat resistant strainer catches unwanted bits, and the stopper prevents fat from rising to the top of the spout. Once the soup has settled, remove the strainer and the stopper and pour out perfect clear soup. A shield prevents the gravy from spilling over the top of the separator, instead of through the spout. And it is dishwasher safe! This is the best fat separator I've purchased lately!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE SEE HOW YOU WENT WITH MY RECIPES! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @INSTANOMSS #INSTANOMSS
CHINESE SOUP FOR BACK PAIN RECIPE 社仲巴戟豬尾骨燉湯
This CHINESE SOUP FOR BACK PAIN RECIPE 社仲巴戟豬尾骨燉湯 is perfect for those suffering with nagging chronic back pains. Ideal for Postpartum and those with coccyx pain, weak knees and tender tendons.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 4
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stew, Boil
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 lbs 豬尾骨 Pork tail
- 50 g 社仲 Eucommia ulmoides
- 25g 巴戟 Morinda officinalis / Indian Mulberry
- 100g 黑豆 Black beans
- 25g 党参 Codonopsis pilosula
- 10g 杞子 Goji berries
- 10g 玄肉/ 龍眼肉 Dried Longan meat
- 25g 淮山 / 山藥 Dioscorea polystachya Chinese Yam
- 1L water
- Wash all dry ingredients.
- In a medium pot, boil water and blanch pork tail for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Run it in cold water to rinse of impurities.
- Fill stewing clay pot with water to 80% water level.
- Add all ingredients in and bring to boil on high heat for 2 hours
- After 3 hours, reduce to medium heat for another 2 hours
- Add pinch of salt for taste.
- Serve and enjoy hot.
- It is best to stew Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbs in a clay pot rather than a stainless steel pot to maintain the integrity of the herbs.
- I use this clay pot majority of the time.
- Serving Size: 1 claypot
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 141 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.4 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 12.9 mg
Keywords: Chinese Medicinal Food Therapy, TCM, Chinese Soup, Soup, Back Pain, 社仲,巴戟,豬尾骨,燉湯, Herbal
MORE CHINESE RECIPES:
- CHINESE TEA LEAF EGGS 茶葉蛋
- RED BEAN SOUP INSTANT POT 蓮子百合紅豆沙
- DOUBLE-STEAMED SNOW PEAR WITH FRITILLARIA BULB RECIPE 川貝燉雪梨
- INSTANTPOT TAIWANESE GREEN ONION BEEF ROLLS RECIPE 牛肉捲餅
- INSTANTPOT BEEF BRISKET 柱侯蘿蔔炆牛筋腩
- Stir Fry Okra with Black Fungus 秋葵炒雲耳
- Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯
- APPLE SNOW PEAR SOUP 蘋果雪梨無花果瘦肉湯
PIN the above image to your Chinese Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!