Bake ahead and enjoy all the Autumn / Back to School activities with this spicy and tangy recipe!
This post is sponsored by the Turkey Farmers of Canada. All views and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Nomss in the kitchen!
Autumn in Vancouver is very distinct. The weather in September Labour Day gets crisper, the rain starts rolling in and traffic is insane with everyone is in a mad rush to get to back to school or work. Secretly, I'm using Em as an excuse to shop for school supplies. Who says a 2-year old doesn't need double-tipped gradient pens?!
To keep up with all the kid's activities, there's no denying meal-planning and versatility is a must! This recipe holds up even a few days later and everyone doesn't even seem to mind to eat it cold (if we get too lazy to reheat it).
This Vietnamese Spicy Camarel Turkey Wing Recipe is easy, big on flavour, yet quick to make! This simple oven turkey wing recipe is rich and tangy. The spiciness can be adjusted to your heat preference or omitted if you are feeding little ones. For us, I usually make two batches. One spicy and one non-spicy.
Turkey is a tasty, versatile and very nutritious lean protein that easily adapts to different flavours. It can be used for milder dishes like turkey pho or turkey congee or bolder, brighter, flavours like this recipe.
I love how it is a concentrated source of protein to help build strong, healthy muscles and packed with Iron, Zinc, Sodium, Vitamin B12, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin D, Potassium and Magnesium, Phosphorus and Tryptophan.
Marinating Your Turkey Wings
Poke a few holes in your turkey wings to help the marinade infuse deeper into the big giant wings. I usually like to marinate overnight in a reusable food storage bag. If you are in a pinch for time, even 20 mins help.
These baked spicy caramel wings are juicy, moist and tender.
Try making this recipe with turkey thighs. Grill the cutlets to add to your rice and top it off with a fried egg! Remember to pound the turkey into thin pieces like a cutlet.
For more information and recipe ideas, visit THINK TURKEYTM to learn more
Have you tried cooking with turkey wings before? Let me know in the comments below or tag me on Instagram @instanomss if you’ve made this recipe. I’d love to see your creations~Print
This Vietnamese Spicy Camarel Turkey Wing recipe is easy, big on flavour, yet quick to make! This simple oven turkey wing recipe is rich and tangy.
- 6 turkey wings (tips removed, most are sold this way)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (or ¼ cup honey)
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bird's eye chili (thinly diced, deseeded if you prefer less heat)
- Preheat oven to 425°F for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the turkey wings in a large bowl and pour the lime juice, brown sugar, parika powder, salt and black pepper, olive oil, fish sauce, garlic powder and bird's eye chili.
- Toss until each piece is evenly coated.
- Place the turkey wings on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the turkey wings for 35-40 minutes, flipping over halfway.
- Rotate the turkey wings one last time and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with a few thinly sliced bird's eye chili, cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Rotating and flipping helps the turkey wings burning on one side.
- Use a heavy duty commercial baking sheet that won’t warp in the oven. This is the baking sheet and cooling rack I use.
- Try making this recipe with turkey thighs. Grill the cutlets to add to your rice and top it off with a fried egg! Remember to pound the turkey into thin cutlets.
Keywords: Vietnamese Spicy Caramel Turkey Wings, spicy chili wing recipe, fish sauce, how to bake turkey wings, canadian turkey
Pin the above image to your Food Cravings Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!