Fuel Your Day! totally has me rethinking about on-the-go snacks and energy bars. The cookbook is full of healthy and delicious recipes for energy treats of all kinds: cookies to muffins, and bites to bars. These recipes have no added sugar or fat, and gluten- and dairy-free options. It is perfect for all the kiddies to pack to a nut-free school environment!
Enter below to win a copy of this amazing cookbook packed full of delicious recipes!
I received a review copy of the book from Penguin Random House Canada.
- Recipes for busy mornings
- Recipes packed with fruit and fiber
- Recipes for when you're on the go
- Recipes for your pre-workout routine
- Recipes for your post-workout recovery
- Recipes perfect for entertaining
- Recipes for easy desserts
- Recipes for the holidays
There are over 100 delicious recipes to choose from. They are short and usually quick to make! I personally love the puns used throughout the cookbook!
My favourite recipes that I’ve bookmarked include:
- The Good Morning Banana
- The ChocoGo
- The Bomba Rosa
- The Just How I Like It
- The Pretty Juicy Juice
I love the burst of fresh fruity flavours in this recipe. You can pick your own berries and make this recipe as a family. Emily loves strawberries and I love blueberries. So we each like to grab a handful of each and make this into a fun Mother-Daughter baking time!Print
This is one of my star recipes. It just makes me want to yell out “BOMBA! BOMBA!” Why? Because it’s a bomb of fruity flavors that will delight your taste buds. Go out and pick your own ber- ries, and make this recipe as a family. It’s a hit, guaranteed!
- ½ cup (150 g) date puree
- ½ cup (150 g) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons (7 ml) baking powder Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (100 g) quick-cooking rolled oats 1 cup (150 g) oat flour or another type of flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup (50 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ to 1 cup (100 to 200 g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients from the first section.
- Add the ingredients from the second section. Wait for a light frothing to occur (just for fun), then mix well.
- Gradually mix in the ingredients from the third section until fully combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat — otherwise, everything will stick.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough to create beautifully round energy cookies and decorate as desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Get ready: your kitchen will soon smell deliciously good!
- Serving Size: 20 oz
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 166.5 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.9 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: Energy Bar, Cookies, Fruit Cookies, Healthy Cookie Recipes, Low Sugar Cookie Recipes, Keto Friendly, Paleo Recipes for kids, desserts for kids, Bomba Rosa, Fuel Your Day Cookbook, Madame Labriski
Excerpted from Fuel Your Day! 100+ Seriously Addictive Energy Cookies, Bites, Bars and More by Madame Labriski. Copyright © 2019 Madame Labriski. Photography by Jean-Francois Frenette and Brigette Theriault. Translated by Marie Asselin. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Absolutely! This book has a lot of dairy-free and gluten-free options for every recipe. There is no added sugar or fat so it is perfect for kids and those who are on a diet; or simply wants to eat more healthy without sacrificing tastes!
Where to Purchase?
Title: Fuel Your Day!: 100+ Seriously Addictive Energy Cookies, Bites, Bars And More
Product dimensions: 208 pages, 9.26 X 7.52 X 0.63 in
Shipping dimensions: 208 pages, 9.26 X 7.52 X 0.63 in
Published: August 13, 2019
Publisher: Appetite by Random House
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0525610308
ISBN - 13: 9780525610304
From The Official Press Release
Fuel your day with healthy and delicious recipes for energy treats of all kinds, made with Madame Labriski''s magical date purée! From cookies to muffins, and bites to bars, these recipes have no added sugar or fat, and gluten- and dairy-free options.
Mériane Labrie, a busy mother and marathon runner, was on the hunt for 100% healthy energizing snacks that would fuel her up before a workout and also satisfy her sweet tooth. Frustrated by her fruitless search for a truly healthy snack, she decided to take matters into her own hands and have a go at making yummy treats of her own. Finally, after much trial and error, her first energy cookie was born! The secret, she found, is swapping out sugar for a magical homemade date puree, combining it with either nonfat plain yogurt or unsweetened applesauce, and then adding natural flavors. Inspired, she kept going to develop healthy snacks for the whole family and then shared her recipes online at MadameLabriski.com, to the joy of her thousands of readers and fans.
In Fuel Your Day! she shares her favorite recipes for healthy energy-filled, high-fibre treats with no added sugar or fat. Whether it''s an energy muffin for your child''s lunchbox, an energy bar for your post-workout recovery, or a healthy and delicious cake for a potluck or holiday party, this book is filled with 100 incredible recipes to fuel you and your family all year round. So grab your wooden spoons. It''s time to make some healthy and delicious treats!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
MADAME LABRISKI (aka Mériane Labrie) is a mother, entrepreneur, marathon runner, and the blogger behind Madame Labriski, the go-to destination for recipes for healthy, energizing treats. The French version of her book Ces galettes dont tout le monde parle was a bestseller in Quebec. She never misses the opportunity to make a pun
ENTER TO WIN A COPY OF FUEL YOUR DAY COOKBOOK!!
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us what you find most challenging when eating healthy One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT WIN Fuel Your Day Cookbook w @instanomss @lamadamelabriki @appetite_randomhouse #fbloggers
- Follow both on @instanomss and @appetite_randomhouse.
- Head over to our Instagram (@instanomss) to enter.
To enter this amazing giveaway, you must be North American resident excludes Quebec resident (13+ years of age). Complete the following. Your chance increases the more items you complete and the more social media platforms you follow. Good Luck! Contest closes Oct 06, 2019 11:59 pm PST.
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!