If you suffer from seasonal allergies or hay fever like I do, then you will know it’s no fun spending Spring doped up on antihistamines. And even still, it could leave you a runny nose and watery-eyed. If you’ve been looking for a more natural way to tame that runny nose and go sans meds, try blending the following three essential oils together: Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint.
The following Young Living essential oils are awesome at targeting the main symptoms of hay fever.
- Lavender: a natural antihistamine, soothes muscle tension, and has a calming effect.
- Lemon: anti-inflammatory, improves overall immunity and uplifting.
- Peppermint: eases headaches, clears the sinuses and promote healthy respiratory function. Also has a great cooling effect!
Beginners to aromatherapy will enjoy the easy benefits and inexpensive price tags to the three oils above. You can also add other essential oils that help boost the blend even more like copaiba, eucalyptus, frankincense, or chamomile. I also LOVE using R.C. essential oil blend from Young Living. It is a great breathing opener to your yoga practice.
There are many different brands of essential oils on the market and not all are made the same. Depending on the quality of the oils you buy, their effectiveness varies. How long the relief lasts depend on the strength of each individual oil. There are different ways to use them but the easiest way is to dilute each of the oil in a carrier oil such as fractioned coconut oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, etc. and add it to a small rollerball bottle.
Essential Oils for Allergies and Hayfever.
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- Filled with organic Jojoba oil
- 1 refillable glass bottle with a rollerball cap (I like these mini 10ml bottles!).
Don’t worry if it is not exactly 10 drops. And depending on your personal preferences, you may want to add an extra drop of peppermint or lemon essential oil!
The blend can be rolled directly to your skin. Instead of shaking the bottle before each use, I recommend gently rolling it in your palm. Apply directly behind the ears and down towards the jawline. Also, apply directly on pulse points like your wrist and under the soles of your feet. This will help it get into the bloodstream quickly. Apply as frequently as required.
Pin the above image to your Essential Oils Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!