Yogurt is one of my daily essentials. Especially Greek yogurt! That's why I am so excited when I was sent a copy of Yogurt Every Day by Hubert Cormier. Yogurt itself is awesome. It is great for your gut health with its probiotic properties. Yogurt isn't just a breakfast item - I can eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Yogurt Every Day cookbook includes 75 delicious recipes. It even teaches you to make your own yogurt (dairy and plant-based) at home! For now I will stick to store bought Greek yogurt...
- Quick history of yogurt - it's always fascinating learning about history. It dates back to 2000BC in Persia and India where yogurt was used as a preservative for milk.
- Health benefits of yogurt - proteins, fats and substitutes.
- How to make you own yogurt - without a yogurt maker, with a slow cooker
- Recipes - breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts. This includes dips and spreads.
There are 75 delicious recipes to choose from. They are well written. Short and concise. I like how the recipes gets to the point without the bullshit. I like the delicious food photography of mouthwatering healthy meals. Most importantly, nutritional value is included with every recipe. If you are meal planning, it makes meal prepping much easier.
My favourite recipes that I've bookmarked include:
- Coconut Yogurt
- Soft Boiled Eggs and Green Pea Salad
- Healthy Exotic Bowl with Dragon Fruit and Lychee
- Dips - Baba Ghanoush, Beet Hummus, Edamame Dip
- Stuff Potatoes
- Amaretto and Espresso Cake
- Banana, Walnut, and Toblerone Bread
For those that know me, knows that I love a good avocado toast. Who doesn't like an avocuddle every now and then? When I first saw the Edamame Dip recipe, I had to make it ASAP!Print
Move over avocado, this Edamame Dip makes a great Edamame Toast or as a snack with chips!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: Dips, Spreads
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Raw Food
- 1½ cups (375 mL) edamame beans
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) minced garlic
- ½ cup (125 mL) tahini (sesame butter)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves Edamame beans for garnish
- Sesame seeds
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish as desired.
Keywords: Edamame Dip, Hubert Cormier, Yogurt Every Day, Health Food, Healthy Dips and Spreads, Edemame Toast
Excerpted from Yogurt Every Day Hubert Cormier. Copyright © 2017 Hubert Cormier. Food photography by Catherine Côté. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Absolutely! The no fuss recipes are easy to make. Recipes can be easily modified to work with kitchen sink ingredients. There are lots of helpful tips to help you save time too!
Where to Purchase?
Yogurt Every Day: Healthy And Delicious Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner And Dessert
Dimensions: 208 pages, 10 × 8.5 × 0.6 in
Published: May 30, 2017
Publisher: Appetite by Random House
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
- ISBN - 10: 0147530423
- ISBN - 13: 9780147530424