Tojo's is a Japanese restaurant in Vancouver that is internationally acclaimed for creating exquisite food. Chef Hidekazu Tojo creates dishes that are fresh, unique with a modern twist yet rooted in Japanese fine dining traditions.
The restaurant is spacious, featuring a sushi bar, cocktail and sake bar, lounge area and dining room.
I was invited to Tojo's for the launch of their new Happy Hour menu beginning December between Monday to Saturday (4 to 6 pm).
Tojo's Happy Hour Menu
Tojo's Happy Hour menu features exclusive cocktails crafted by BC Barman Jeff Savage from Fairmont Pacific Rim. There is a variety of both raw and cooked food and yakitori options.
- Japanese Highball - inspired by the delicate, nuanced whisky highball so popular in Japan. This drink combines Suntory Toki with Bitter Sling Lem-Marrakech Bitters and soda.
- Tokaido 53 - A vibrant martini riff inspired by journeys on the ancient road connecting Kyoto and Edo. Bison Grass Vodka, Kazuku Gin, Herb and Citrus Oil.
- Salaryman - A stern cocktail best used to signal the end of the workday. Japanese Whisky Blend, Notes of Matcha and Black Sesame.
- Tojo's Milk Punch - Eastern flavours and Western techniques meets in this milk punch, named after the Iconoclast himself. Bank's 5 Island Rum, Shiso, Sencha, Mint, Lime, Clarified Milk.
- Kitsune Gimlet - A bright, fresh cocktail that's as cunning and playful as it's mythical namesake Kazuku Gin, Yuzu and Honey.
- Nitobe Garden Fizz - Vibrancy and earthly bounty come together in this drink honouring the beautiful Nitobe Memorial Garden. Seedlip Garden 108, Matcha, Herb, Citrus Oil, Soda
- Tofu Ankake
- Miso Mustard Lotus Root
- Tojo's Chowder
- Tojo's Tuna
- Royal Chicken
- BBQ Scallop
- Dashimaki + Caviar
- Tojo's Roll (aka California Roll)
- Dragon's Sweet Potatoes
- Citrus and Sea Salt Wings
- Wagyu Sukiyaki
We ended the evening with Okonomiyaki. This housemade Japanese pancake was hearty yet made with a light batter without a lot of flour used. Just plenty of shredded cabbage, shrimp and scallops.
Tojo's Happy Hour is worth checking out and the food pairs nicely with the cocktail options. Unwind after a long day's work or simply enjoy some pre-drinks before dinner service!
I was invited by Tojo's for a menu tasting. All opinions are my own.
Tojo's Japanese Restaurant
Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi Bar
133 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 1G1
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!