Turkey Thighs are wrapped in bacon and served with a Cranberry Frisee salad and Poppyseed Dressing! It is full of fresh herbs for the moistest, most flavourful turkey ever! An easy turkey dinner with only 10 minutes of prep time!
This post is sponsored by the Turkey Farmers of Canada. All views and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Nomss in the kitchen!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Holiday! We celebrated Thanksgiving a little earlier this year before we took our first family trip to Las Vegas! Have you been before with a toddler?
In the past, we would celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family with the classic turkey – we would wrap the bird in bacon, mashed potatoes / layered potatoes, cranberry sauce and all the fixings! We made sure we wore our stretchy Hungry Joey Tribbiani pants!
This year, it is just my husband, Emily and myself. I decided to put a spin on the traditional turkey and made this easy to make Keto-Friendly Bacon Wrapped Turkey Thighs with a Cranberry Frisee Salad with a Homemade Poppyseed Dressing. You can use leftover meat from Thanksgiving or buy fresh turkey thighs. Pound the turkey thighs into thin pieces like a cutlet.
To prepare the turkey, season the thighs all over with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly with thyme and paprika. Arrange 3 to 4 bacon slices on top of the thigh, overlapping them to ensure the thigh is covered. Work with one thigh at a time. Tuck in the ends of the bacon slices to make a neat package.
Pro Tip: use a piece of twine and gently tie the bacon on to the thigh if you are worried the bacon will fall apart from the thigh. Toothpicks will also work.
Preheat oven to 425°F and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Bake until caramelized. Let rest 5 minutes.
While the turkey rests, prepare the Cranberry Frisee Salad.
You can either buy pre-washed Frisee Salad or make your own with a mix of shredded broccoli, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, baby kale, chicory, and frisee. Frisee has a slightly bitter taste and crisp, curly leaves. It pairs perfectly with a tangy vinaigrette for an easy side dish.
To top, I also used a combination of freeze-dried cranberries and dried cranberries, toasted pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds.
For more information and recipe ideas, visit THINK TURKEYTM to learn more
Have you tried cooking with turkey thighs before? Let me know in the comments below or tag me on Instagram @instanomss if you’ve made this recipe. I’d love to see your creations~
Turkey Thighs are wrapped in bacon is full of fresh herbs for the moistest, most flavourful turkey ever! Easy Keto-Friendly oven recipe. An easy turkey dinner with only 10 minutes of prep time!
- 6 turkey thighs, deboned (each about 350g each)
- 2 tablespoon fresh or dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 bacon slices, more as needed
- twine to tie the turkey (optional)
- Pound the turkey thighs into thin pieces like a cutlet.
- Season the turkey thighs all over with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly with thyme and paprika.
- Arrange 3 to 4 bacon slices on top of the thigh, overlapping them to ensure the thigh is covered. Work with one thigh at a time. Tuck in the ends of the bacon slices to make a neat package.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let rest 5 minutes.
Keywords: Bacon Wrapped Turkey Thighs, baked turkey thighs, thanksgiving meal, thanksgiving recipes, turkey recipes, leftover thanksgiving meal, leftover turkey meat
Pin the above image to your Turkey Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
more: TURKEY RECIPES
- SESAME HAND SHREDDED TURKEY RECIPE | 芝麻手撕火雞
- TURKEY KATSU SANDO: CRISPY JAPANESE TURKEY SANDWICH RECIPE カツサンド
- VIETNAMESE SPICY CARAMEL TURKEY WING RECIPE
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!