I have a fancy blender. Actually Dave has a fancier blender. It is a Cuisinart Blend and Cook Soup and Beverage Maker (Black) that he got for Christmas. It will become his workhorse for 20 years to come. One of the best things about the Cuisinart Blender works for both hot and cold liquids. You can make soup and heat up your pureed ingredients directly from the Cuisinart Blender. Since today is the one of those dog days of summer, it is best to blast ice cubes, blend watermelons, and squeeze in some lime to make a Watermelon Limeade Smoothie! Personally, when temperatures hit near 30C degrees I much rather jump in a big swimming pool to jump in with a giant SWAN Float pool!Giant watermelon or Donuts works for me also. I’m not choosy.
The Watermelon Limeade Smoothie recipe is adapted from A New Turn in the South: Southern Flavors Reinvented for Your Kitchen by Hugh Acheson. This is one of my favorite cookbooks because it has a lot of comfort foods and easy to make recipes.
Watermelon Limeade Smoothie Recipe
This is super simple and only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
- ½ cup fine turbinado sugar
- 4 cups cubed watermelon flesh
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup soda water (I prefer Sans Pellegrino)
- 6 slices of lime for garnish
- Combine sugar with 1 cup water in a small saucepan over low heat, dissolve and let cool.
- Place watermelon in blender, puree into watermelon water.
- Pour into pitcher and add the lime juice.
- Add 3 tablespoons of simple syrup.
- Fill 6 pint glasses (I like to use recycled jam or pickle jars, they just look prettier) with ice and pour watermelon limeade into each.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.