SPUD.ca is an online grocery store that brings local, organic and sustainable groceries directly to your door. They have a wide range of local and organic produce that follows traceable high standards. Best of all, they are committed to reducing food waste (they are the lowest waste grocery in Canada!) I love how SPUD is super convenient and allows you to make changes right up to 8pm the day before your scheduled delivery!
PSA: $20 OFF your first order of $60 or more: Promo Code "Instanomss"
I love shopping online because I love the convenience and how much time it saves me. And I don't have to worry about forgetting to get that _______ (milk, eggs, bananas, avocados) that's on my grocery list. You can create a "shopping list" like me and add it to a standing order for weekly deliveries. This I will never run out of staples or have to go back to the supermarket!
Zero Waste Grocery
Food waste is a huge problem in this country. We’ve all heard that $31 billion worth of food is wasted in Canada each year – that’s 40% of the total food produced in Canada. When you consider all the time, work, and resources that go to produce that food, just to be wasted, that number is even more staggering.
- No In-Store Displays - obviously, because they are an online store!
- Only ordering what is needed - some fresh items like my favourite BeFresh dips are only made when a customer orders them.
- No need for huge inventory - daily deliveries to the warehouse to fill customer orders. 80% of inventory is turned over every 48 hours
- Imperfect Products - they sell imperfect produce
- Free delivery with minimum $50 orders or you will be charged a $4 minimum order surcharge
- Choose your delivery dates. There are usually two scheduled deliveries to your area for free. You can also choose free Pickup or Express delivery.
- Delivery options for areas in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton.
- Your grocery order is delivered in reusable deliver bins. Using bins helps us eliminate unnecessary packaging, reduce waste and lower our impact on the planet!
- You are charged a small deposit for each bin and is refunded back after the bin is returned. SPUD will pick up the bin when they drop off your next order or you can arrange for a driver to come by the next time they are in your neighbourhood!
- All your produce and groceries are insulated with ice packs and dry ice to keep everything cold until you are home to open it.
SPUD promises 100% guaranteed satisfaction and I have never had any problems with my food. In fact, most of my produce delivered is much nicer and fresher than store bought. IF something you receive isn’t up to par, they will refund you pronto! I also really love the quality of their sustainable meat selections - for example, local farmers like MapleHill, Farmcest and Two Rivers in my area raise their animals without antibiotics and fed no animal by-products. They are also grain-free.
Not only is a large selection of organic food but SPUD.ca also has a great selection of health & beauty products, vitamins and supplements, pet food and household products (cleaning supplies that are eco-friendly, baby supplies, etc.)
Although it is pricier than some supermarkets, I love that they offer organic and sustainable products. I am willing to pay a little extra if I know that the produce and meats are traceable, comes from local farmers and has a better quality overall. The last thing I would want is to buy sub-par products which end up in the waste.
DON'T FORGET: $20 OFF your first order of $60 or more: Promo Code "Instanomss"
Now you enter to WIN one $100 CAD Gift Card from SPUD.ca.
Enter to Win
- Enter on our Instagram (HERE).
- Post a comment - Visit bit.ly/SPUD-instanomss and tell us what you would order from SPUD.ca. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT to win $100 Gift Card from @spuddelivers & @instanomss #shoplocal #bcfreshfarm #foodbloggers #vancouver #alberta
I would most certainly choose one of their small Organic Farm Boxes
I would order the weekly staples box
I would order the Best of the Season box, avocados and free range chicken. Could make many meals out of that.
I would order my kitchen staples - bananas, avocados, cilantro and kale!
Angela Griffin says
I would order some avocados. It's my son's favourite food!
I would get organic bananas since I go through so many, some mountain flower honey, and Herdez salsa.
Denise M says
I would order Best of Alberta Produce Selection. Looks great!
Andrea Amy says
I would order a fresh harvest box for a couple of weeks! Thanks for the chance.
Jenn E says
Great picks! I would love to try the All-Natural Double Smoked Bacon too. I love the prepared bundles like the Surf & Turf Essentials (my husband would love this), and the Organic Farmer's Surprise Box! I would also pick up my staples (avocado, eggs, chicken breast, yogurt).
I would order the Best of Season box!
Grace S. says
I think I would try the beyond meat burgers, the organic avocado and maybe some fresh bread or bagels. so much to choose from.
I would order the local sockeye portions yum!
Erin N says
Spud looks so awesome! I would order the Best of the Season box!
I'd order organic Haas avocados!
Susan Ashcraft says
I would order the Best of Season Box
Dianne G. says
I love fresh produce so I would order the Best of the Season Box.
Would get me some frozen mango chunks, and avocado chips.
I would order my vegetables and fruits from Spud as I get frustrated with the quality from the major chain stores. Also I would try a couple pre-made items cause this mama needs a break from the kitchen.