This best-ever salmon patty easy recipe instantly upgrades your canned salmon for a healthy meal packed with Omega 3 and an excellent source of calcium. Kids love this and as a Millennial Mom, I love this quick dinner favourite that comes together in just 5 minutes!
Would it be weird if I told you I LOVE eating the tender bones in each can of wild sockeye salmon? Traditionally, fresh-packed whole fillets, including skin and tender bones which provide you with an excellent source of calcium and omega-3 fatty acids.
Canned salmon is an easy way to protein to your meals. If I'm in a pinch, I would bring a can to work and add it to my green salad. Or if I'm sick, I would add some salmon to my congee. Because it is easy.
I always buy Wild sockeye salmon caught in Alaska and is MSC certified sustainable.
Nutritional Value of Canned Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 12g of protein per 55g serving
- Natural source of Omega 3 polyunsaturates
- Low in saturated fat
- Free of trans fat
- Good source of calcium
Can I use canned tuna instead of salmon?
I would not recommend using tuna as a replacement. Tuna has a strong unique flavour that just doesn't quite gel with the other ingredients in this recipe. I like the fattiness that salmon gives. The tuna is much leaner and would create a dry patty.
If you have leftover fresh cooked salmon, this recipe is a great way to use up leftovers. Sometimes, it's worth the extra 10 minutes to roast salmon just for this recipe!
This recipe also goes great with tartar sauce and a sprinkle of dill! It is also very easy to make (especially with the Vitamix blending bowl)!Print
Easy Salmon Patties Recipe
This easy recipe instantly upgrades your canned salmon for a healthy meal packed with Omega 3 and an excellent source of calcium. Kids love this and Moms love this quick dinner favourite that comes together in just 5 minutes!
- 1 can (170g) wild sockeye salmon, drained
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 spring green onions, finely diced
- ½ cup of cilantro, rough chopped (optional but I love adding this if I have it handy)
- ⅓ cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, freshly juiced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp paprika powder
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, more if needed
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the extra virgin olive oil together. Mix well.
- Divide and form into 4-6 evenly sized patties. I like to use a ⅓ cup measuring cup and pack the ingredients in it.
- In a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Cook patties until golden brown and crispy. Approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve and enjoy immediately with a quick squeeze of of lemon juice if desired.
- I like to use ⅓ cup measuring cup to form my patties and then flatten with a spatula in the fry pan.
- I do not recommend using canned tuna instead of salmon.
- We like to use wild caught sustainable wild sockeye salmon that is MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) certified.
- Serving Size: 4 Patty
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 118.8 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Protein: 12.6 g
- Cholesterol: 68.2 mg
Keywords: Salmon Patties, Seafood recipes, msc certified, sustainable seafood, 5 minute recipes dinner
Pin the above image to your Healthy Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
more: TURKEY KATSU SANDO: CRISPY JAPANESE TURKEY SANDWICH RECIPE カツサンド | INSTANTPOT TAIWANESE GREEN ONION BEEF ROLLS RECIPE | 牛肉捲餅 | VEGAN DAN DAN NOODLES 四川擔擔麵 (NO PORK & BEYOND MEAT)
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
Sounds delicious! I always have more panko than I know what to do with, so will be saving this recipe!
I agree! It's a great way to use it up!
Gabriela Herrera says
I love how clean this recipe is.
pantry staple for a easy go to!
I love how easy these are! Plus they are absolutely delicious!! Thanks for a great recipe.
perfect alone or with burgers
I love salmon in general and I am happy that I found your recipe! It's a great way to make salmon tastier and also kids friendly!
Thanks! It's a great way to use up can salmon