Colony Main Street that recently just opened at 2904 Main Street has these killer beer battered lemon pepper, hand cut, housemade Kennebec fries in Rickard’s Battered with parmesan aioli! The Chef share his little secret with us so we can make these Lemon Pepper fries at home. We'd thought you made want in on this too!
Lemon Pepper Recipe
- 1.75 cups Lemon Pepper
- 7 Lemons
- 7 Limes
- Lay out 1.75 cups Lemon Pepper on a parchment lined ½ baking sheet
- Zest the lemon and limes over baking seet, ensuring that the oils are sprayed onto the sheet while zesting.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 zested limes and 2 zested lemons over the baking sheet
- Place under the heat lamp and allow to dry out
- Once dry, blend in food processor to remove clumps.
Beer Batter Fries Recipe
- 3.5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups beer*
- 3 cups canola oil
- *we used Rikard's Blonde.
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, kosher salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Stir in 3 cup beer (you can add more or reduce to obtain the texture you desired).
- Coat sliced potatoes with batter.
- Meanwhile heat canola oil in shallow fry pan or wok.
- Once the oil is heated, flash fried the beer battered fries.
- Allow 5 to 7 mins to cook or until golden brown
- Remove from oil with wooden chopsticks or slotted spoon.
- Set on paper towel to absorb extra oil.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with garlic aioli and splash of lemon wedges.
More | beer batter recipe.