Vancouver International Wine Festival‘s Winery Dinners took place last night at Yew Seafood and Bar at the Four Seasons Vancouver Hotel. The Italian Dinner was featured Castello di Gabbiano‘s winemaker Frederico Cerelli for a night of exceptional Italian wines and west coast cuisine.
- Pinot Grigio 2015: Crisp, dry and refreshing with flavours of green apple, citrus, and tropical fruits.
- Dark Night IGT Toscana 2016: Intense notes of ripe red berry fruit and sweet spices, coffee and chocolate.
- Chianti Classico Riserva 2015: Full ruby color with excellent fruity notes on a sweet and spicy background. Vigorous body. Excellent tannins.
- Bellezza Gran Selezione 2012: Bright notes of cherry and blackberry with spice and vanilla.
- Alleanza IGT 2011: Intense red with black pepper, cloves and ripe fruit. Luscious tannins and toasty oak notes.
Featured Dinner Menu:
- Salmon Gravlax: Toasted rye crumbs, cucumber, fennel and lime sorbet
- Roaster Sweetbreads: Carrots, puffed quinoa, foie gras snow
- Spiced Lamb Ravioli: Harissa and Farro
- Honey Roasted Duck: Celeriac puree, golden beets, mushrooms, 5 spice jus
- Triple Cream Truffle Cheese: Poached pear, hazelnut crumble