Autumn is one of my favorite seasons because there is an abundance of fresh local BC apples. I also love to bake during this time because the weather always rains in Vancouver. It is therapeutic baking while the warm aromas fill the room. Apple Cinnamon…
Pumpkin is a humble backyard vegetable that is incredibly rich in antioxidants and vitamins. It is full of vitamin A, flavoniod poly-phenolic leutin, xanthin, and carotenes. Most people are focused on carving the best jackolantern and making it a tea light ornament. There are a lot…
The year 2012 is rushing to an end. How could the year end so fast. So much to be accomplished still. Since this is a food blog amongst other things, we thought we’d share with you 5 Cooking Resolutions – Kitchen Skills to Master (or Completely Butcher)
Seasonal fruits are too short lived. But with the art of canning and preserves, pickles and spices can be enjoyed year round. Spicy asparagus, bacon jam, and lychee pomegranate here we come!
Nothing beats (almost nothing) the smell of fresh bread being summoned from the oven. The smell alone is intoxicating. Eat it alone or pair it with your favourite cheese or even jam you canned yourself!
I really want to make bread from scratch.
We started making macarons but we didn’t follow the instructions thoroughly, we didn’t wait long enough for it to foot, and I didn’t yet have KitchenAid food processor will refine my almond powder better… It was a terrible mess! So bottom line is how many of you invest in cookbooks and actually use them?
Spanish or Italian, my eyes are one Dirty Apron’s San Sebastian Tapas
Simmer Stock / Chinese Soup
When you have extra time, some extra veggies or carcasses lying around you can simmer some stock or make stew. What I want to really do is make some traditional Chinese soup that are fit for the season.
My mom usually makes the usual one or two variations. I like variety because I get bored. So I guess I must roll up my sleeves a lil literally!
So what cooking skills do you hope to master? We hope you haven’t broken any 2013 resolutions yet!
Cookies, Pastry and Cakes are fun to eat but not always fun to make. And when you think of all the measuring cups, gadgets and mixers needed to sift, cup and weight, your pantry becomes a little overloaded. To save…
Did you know huge I am a
big KitchenAid fan? Ever since I started baking and cooking, I used to used my mom’s old machinery which were heavy and didn’t quite do the job anymore.
But I got to give it credit for lasting so long. It is probably older than I am! Maybe one day it will become a collector’s item.
That was when I finally went out and bought a KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer. But let’s stay focused here. This post is about something special, like how Christmas came early! Nov 10, early! So a big THANK YOU KitchenAid Canada! This food processor now stands proudly beside my stand mixer! Lovely!
The food processor is newly available in stores as of November 2011 and has the following features:
- Premium die cast metal housing provides a solid foundation during food preparation
- New external adjustable, stainless steel slicing disc provides ultimate versatility
- Dual shredding disc easily flips the disc from 2mm to 4mm to achieve ideal slicing thickness
- Large 13-cup (2.75L) leak-proof work bowl, plus chef’s bowl and mini bowl to efficiently
- Ultra Wide Mouth Feed Tube™ adjusts to 3 different sizes to accommodate foods of varying sizes, including whole potatoes and cucumbers
- 17 precise food processing options for speed-controlled slice, shred, chop & puree functions plus three maximized slice, shred and puree/chop blades and bonus dough, egg whip & Julienne blades
- Optimized speeds help process soft to hard foods. The 3-in-1 Ultra Wide Mouth™ Feed Tube accommodates a variety of sizes of food.
- 4 speed-controlled functions
- Comfort design side handle allows easy viewing while the food processor is in use
- The 13-cup (3.1 L) work bowl, 4-cup (0.9 L) mini bowl and lid with Ultra Tight Seal are BPA free
- The lid with Ultra Tight Seal is specially designed with a leak resistant ring and locking system to help prevent messes – ensuring that everything stays in the work bowl.
- BPA FREE AND SAFE FOR YOUR DISHWASHER
UNBOXING the new toy! Somewhere out there I know you love this!! ENJOY!