A total Canadian classic cocktail is the ultimate Caesar cocktail. It is a classic and totally crushable. It goes well over brunch and has the snack built right in! It’s Clamato juice based with a hit of vodka with the whole shebang of flavour and […]
The classic Canadian Caesar cocktail is one of my favourite drinks to order during Happy Hour or Brunch. For my American friends, it is a Bloody Mary with clam juice! The secret is the clam juice. Clam juice makes everything better! Ordering a Caesar is easy. […]
We were recently introduced to Chic Choc Rum. One of the first things we were told was to make a delicious cocktail. There are a good handful of refreshing cocktails on their website like the Chic Buche and the Chic-Lantro which tastes like spiced mojito!
Chic Cho Rum features Boreal spices: peppery green alder, pine forest spikenard, witherod berries, lovage root, sweet galseeds and wild angelica.
Chic Choc Rum CHIC-LANTRO Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz. Chic Choc spiced rum
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 10-15 coriander leaves
- Spicy ginger soda
- Step 1 In a highball glass, place coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Step 2 Crush with a pestle.
- Step 3 Add simple syrup, Chic Choc rum and ice cubes.
- Step 4 Top up with ginger soda.
- Step 5 Stir with stirring spoon.
- Step 6 Garnish with a bit of coriander.
Chic Choc Rum CHIC BÛCHE Cocktail
- 1.5 oz. (45 ml) Chic Choc spiced rum
- 0.5 oz. (15 ml) Maple syrup
- Half lime, cut in quarters
- 10 mint leaves
- 5 oz. (150ml) Sparkling Eska water
- 1 dash Angostura-type cocktail sour
- Step 1 At bottom of a tall glass, place the 4 lime pieces and pour in maple syrup and Angostura.
- Step 2 Crush with pestle.
- Step 3 Pour in rum and add 7 mint leaves, as well as 5 ice cubes.
- Step 4 Stir with spoon for 10 seconds.
- Step 5 Fill rest of glass with ice and top off with sparkling water.
- Step 6 Stir gently with spoon while trying to bring the mint leaves up to the surface from bottom of glass.
- Step 7 Decorate with remaining mint leaves.
image credit: Chic Choc Rum
Summer is heating up and what better way to cool down than with some fun DIY cocktail and mocktail recipes! Sparkling Ice beverages are perfect for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle while still indulging in a delicious treat! These low calorie cocktails are […]
The Trump Champagne Lounge is a stylish upscale champagne lounge and bar in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It offers ornate cocktails, sophisticated wine and champagne list and signature bites over live music. The lounge is located Upper Level of the Trump International Hotel & […]
BC Distilled, Canada’s premier craft and micro-distillery festival, is set to take place on April 8 at the Croatian Cultural Centre. Celebrating the 4th annual festival, there will be regional, small batch, and local micro-distilleries and over 152 products for sampling! 34 distilleries based out of Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland and West Coast, the Okanagan, Kootenays, and the Interior. Distilleries includes Ampersand Distilling Co, Bohemian Spirits Lts, Long Table Distillery, Okanagan Crush Pad and much more!
For a complete guide of products available HERE.
Must Try Spirits: We’ve summarized some spirits to give you a sense of what’s new for this year:
- Maple Leaf Spirits Lady of the Cask 6yo VSOP Brandy
- Okanagan Spirits BRBN (‘bourbon’)
- Victoria Spirits Sidney Spiced Rum
- Merridale Cidery, Distillery, & Bistro Cowichan Cognac (10 yr)
- Liberty Distillery Trust Whisky
- De Vine Spirits Glen Saanich Whisky
Unfortunately for you, tonight’s Distillers Dinner is completely SOLD OUT at Forage Restaurant. Remember to buy early next year!
Don’t worry there will be plenty of canapes and delicious food served at BC Distilled’s Public Tasting (April 8, 6 to 9pm): Local favorites like
– Smoked Salmon Devilled Egg, shallots, chives, smoked paprika, dill
– Chicken Liver Pate, crusty bread, huckleberry chutney, crispy sage
Homer Street Cafe
– Bison & pistachio terrine, apple mostarda
– Beer cheese, pickled pepper, fresh herbs (vegetarian)
– Roasted cauliflower with a smoked onion and almond sauce on a fermented olive oil cracker (vegan)
– “Liquid Kiss” chocolates using Woods Spirit Co’s Amaro, organic sweet espresso with ginger and Amaro-based cookie dough
– Fat Washed Whisky Caramel Doughnut using Lohin McKinnon Whisky from Central City
– Moscow Mule Doughnut using Truth Vodka from Liberty
– Caesar Doughnut using Vodka from Sons of Vancouver
– Negroni Doughnut using Wallflower Gin and Bittersweet Vermouth from Odd Society
– Bacon, egg and potatoes; potato cracker, quail egg, stinging nettles, bacon vinaigrette
– Textures of beetroot; beetroot chips, dehydrated , smoked , roasted, crème fraiche.
Two Rivers’ Gin Sticks
– Pepperoni Sticks made with Two Rivers Natural Beef, Fraser Valley Pork, and the botanicals from Pemberton Distillery’s Schramm. Gin (juniper, cilantro, orange peel)
There will be plenty of puppies available for snuggling at the BC Distilled festival. We’re having a charity auction in support of the Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS), which breeds, raises, trains and supports certified assistance dogs for people living with disabilities and for community care professionals. A portion of the festival’s proceeds will also support PADS.
Summer is a great time to experiment with sparkling wine and summer fruits. We recently went for a mini getaway in the Okanagan Valley and came home with tons of peaches. Ruffino also sent us a bottle of their Prosecco. This sparkling white wine is fruity and fragrant. It […]