Can you believe there are only four weeks left in summer? I can’t neither! The weather has been so hot lately here in Vancouver. The summer fruits, like BC Peaches from the Okanagan, spoils so quickly. We brought a whole bunch from home after winery hoping. The only logical thing to do is make some roasted peach ice cream! I can’t wait to scoop some and enjoy in our new patio with some Peach Thyme Bellini cocktail too!
Honestly, this is the easiest no churn ice cream recipe ever! You need only three basic ingredients to make the base. Adding fruits is optional and there are so many choices.
When peaches are in season, the pureed fruit has such a fresh sweet flavor. It makes the ice cream extra silky and creamy. Use 6 to 8 medium sized peaches, peel, cut and remove the stones.
In a large saucepan stir in sugar and salt in medium heat. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Remove from heat and let cool by placing the pan in a bowl of ice water.
While the peach is cooling down, it’s time make the creamy ice cream. It is so ridiculously easy to make. You don’t need to make a custard. And you don’t need to use an ice cream maker.
Now that the peaches have cooled down. Place the peaches in a blender, cover and puree. Stir into condensed milk. Fold everything together into the whipping cream. You can also add some extra chunky fruits or nuts into the ice cream.
Summer Roasted Peach Ice Cream Recipe
Serves approx. 1.5 pints
1 Can Condensed Milk
2 Cups Whipping Cream
6-8 Medium Peaches
2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Sugar
Pinch of Salt
- Use 6 to 8 medium sized peaches, peel, cut and remove the stones.
In a large saucepan stir in sugar and salt in medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool by placing the pan in a bowl of ice water.
- Place the peaches in a blender, cover and puree.
- Set aside
No Churn Ice Cream Base
- Take the whipping cream and whisk to soft peaks form withKitchen Aid Stand Mixer. Pulse at speed 6 for 2 mins.
- Take peach puree and stir into condensed milk.
- Fold peach purre and condensed milk into the whipping cream.
- Optional to add some extra chunky fruits or nuts into the ice cream.
Recipe loosely adapted from Nigellissima
What do you think of it?
Let me know in the comments below …