A healthier vegan alternative to traditional mayonnaise. This easy recipe will change your life! It is rich, creamy, tangy, egg-free and low fat. Best of all it is super easy to make and delicious! You won’t miss mayo!
1 cup raw cashews
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Soak cashews overnight in the refrigerator or in hot water for 30 minutes for a quick soak. If you are using a Vitamix, soaking is optional. Drain water when ready to use.
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth and creamy. Use a under blade scrapper to get all the mayo from the canister.
- Taste test the flavours and adjust to your preference. See notes.
- Pour into a half litre Weck jar or air tight container.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Store in fridge for 3 days.
- If you are using a Vitamix blender than soaking is optional. But I recommend at least a quick soak in hot water for 30 minutes so the mayo becomes that much creamier.
- Test Taste / Adjust Flavours:
- Apple Cider Vinegar for tanginess
- Lemon juice for acidity
- Salt for saltiness
- Water for viscosity – ex. more water if you want it thinner
Keywords: vegan mayo, cashew mayonnaise, vegan mayonnaise, dairy free mayonnaise, how to make cashew mayo, egg free mayo, healthy mayo recipes