DOUBLE FRY KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN
- Wash and cut boneless chicken thighs into bite-size strips.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper and Shaoxing wine or Soju. Let marinate for at least 30 mins.
- After the chicken has been marinated. Remove from the marinade.
- In a separate bowl, add potato starch, curry powder, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Add in chicken thigh pieces and ensure the chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- Add an egg to the same mixing bowl and mix the chicken pieces with the egg and dry ingredients for a second coating.
- Add oil to a deep fryer or frying pot and heat up to 350F. Test the internal temperature with a digital food thermometer. You can also test if the oil is ready by placing the back of a wooden spoon into the pot. If you see bubbles, then your oil is ready.
- Fry the chicken in the deep fryer for 5 minutes. Work in small batches and do not overcrowd.
- Remove from the deep fryer and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Double fry for an extra crispy texture. This time raise the temperature to 375F and deep fry until crispy and golden brown. Fry for 3-5 minutes, watching closely.
- Remove fried chicken from deep fryer and place in a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up excess oil—Reserve for later.
THINLY SLICED GREEN ONIONS
- Thinly slice your green onions with a green onion slicer.
- Place the thinly sliced green onions in a bowl of cold water for 10 mins.
- Remove and pat dry. Reserve for later.
PADAK VINAIGRETTE SAUCE
- In a small mixing bowl, add all the Padak Vinaigrette Sauce ingredients together. Mix Well.
- Taste and adjust to desired preference.
Add your double-fry chicken pieces to a plate.
Pile on a heaping mound of thinly sliced green onion.
Drizzle with Padak Vinaigrette Sauce.
Serve and Enjoy!