Bibimbap Rice Bowl and Spicy Sesame Sauce with Beyond Meat, Zucchini and Carrots is a twist to the traditional Korean rice bowl packed with vegetables, rice and plant-based meat. Served with a spicy-sweet sesame sauce made with gochujang sauce that brings all the vibrant ingredients together!
- 2 Beyond Meat ® patties
- 200g zucchini
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (ContainsSesame/Sésame)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (ContainsSesame/Sésame)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 jasmine rice
- 113g carrot, julienned
- 1 tbsp gochujang (ContainsSoy/Soja, Wheat/Blé)
- 2 springs green onions, julienned or finely chopped
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- Before starting, preheat the oven to 450°F. Wash and dry all produce.
- Heat Guide for Step 1:• Medium:1 tsp • Spicy: 2 tsp • Extra-spicy: 3 tsp
- Bring 1 ¼ cups water (dbl for 4ppl) to a boil in a covered medium pot.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch half-moons.
- Cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then juilienned
- Thinly slice green onions.
- Stir together 2 tsp gochujang (NOTE: Reference heat guide) with 1/2 tbsp water (dbl both for 4ppl), half the honey, half the soy sauce and half the sesame oil in a medium bowl.
- Add rice to the pot of boiling water. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 12-14 min.
- Toss zucchini with carrots and 1 tbsp oil (dbl for 4ppl) on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the middle of the oven until tender-crisp, 8-10 min.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds to the dry pan. Toast, stirring often, until golden-brown,4-5 min. (TIP: Keep your eye on them so they don’t burn!) Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the same pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add remaining sesame oil, then Beyond Meat ®. Cook, breaking up the patties into bite-sized pieces with a spatula, until slightly crispy, 5-6 min.** Remove pan from heat. Add remaining soy sauce and remaining honey. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir half the toasted sesame seeds into medium bowl with sauce. Sprinkle remaining sesame seeds over veggies. Fluff rice with a fork. Season with salt and stir in half the green onions. Divide rice between bowls then top with Beyond Meat ® and veggies. Drizzle with spicy sesame sauce then sprinkle over remaining green onions.
Keywords: beyond meat, beyond burger, bibimbap rice bowl, korean rice bowl, vegan rice bowl, korean food, korean meal prep, hello fresh, meal boxes, vegetarian rice bowl, fusion recipes, quick dinner ideas