Quick and Easy to make Hand Shredded Turkey Recipe 芝麻手撕火雞. Low Carb Instant Pot Pressure cooker or oven roasted. Refreshing low-carb hand pulled poultry meal.
Sesame Shredded Turkey
- 2 large Turkey legs (approximately 1.5 lbs)
- 1 English cucumber (moisture removed, julienne)
- 4 Baby red radish (slice with mandoline, julienne)
- 3 Thai red chili (deseed, diced)
- 2 slices Sweet Pickles (julienne)
- 2 springs Green onions (julienne
- 4 slices Nori Seaweed snack sheets
- 1 tsp Salt
- dash of Garlic powder
- 1 cup Poultry stock or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (rough chop)
- 3–4 cloves Garlic (minced)
Sesame Sauce Mixture
Cooking Sesame Shredded Turkey
- Season turkey legs with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Let marinate for 20 mins or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Option 1: Roast turkey at 350F for 1.5 hours for approximately 1.5 lbs ( 680 g). Cook bone-in breasts, thighs, drumsticks and wings until a digital meat thermometer inserted into the meat, away from the bone, registers 165°F (74°C).
- Option 2: To pressure cook turkey in your Instant Pot add 1 cup of your preferred stock broth – we suggest poultry stock or vegetable stock Set timer for 30 mins under high pressure. Then 10 minutes Natural Release. Remove turkey and check for an internal temperature at 165°F (74°C).
- Once the turkey has finished cooking. Remove from pan and let rest for 5 to 10 mins until it is cool to touch with your hands. Hand-pull or use two forms to pull apart turkey meat from bones.
- Sliced baby red radish with a mandoline and then julienned them into tiny strips
- Slice Thai red chilis, deseed and dice.
- Peel cucumber skin. Cut in half lengthwise using a chef’s knife.
- Scoop out the seeds using the tip of a spoon. Julienne the cucumber
- Julienne the green onions, nori seaweed, smash a couple of garlic cloves and chop up some cilantro.
Sesame Sauce Mixture
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together your Sesame Sauce Mixture. Set aside or refrigerate.
- Extra sauce mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for later use (up to two weeks.)
Preparing Sesame Shredded Turkey
- In a large mixing bowl toss together hand shredded turkey, 2 tbsp of the Sesame Sauce Mixture, julienne sweet pickles, Thai red chilis, cucumbers, baby red radishes, green onions, minced garlic and cilantro. Mix well.
- Divide and serve. Garnish with remaining cilantro, green onions.
- Although this dish is a cold appetizer it can be eaten warm as well.
- Season cucumbers with a dash of salt, mix well and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. The remaining moisture will escape. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Make a big batch of the Sesame Sauce Mixture and have it on hand whenever you need to add a quick punch of flavours to your noodles, dumplings or salad. The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- For extra sesame flavours, toast white sesame seeds and sprinkle on top.
- Can be served alone as a meal, with a bowl of rice, or lettuce wraps.
Keywords: SESAME HAND SHREDDED TURKEY RECIPE, 芝麻手撕火雞, 芝麻手撕雞, Canadian Turkey, Turkey Farmers of Canada, Think Turkey, Low Carb Diet, Cold appetizer, chinese cuisine, chinese food, Instant Pot recipes, Instantpot, Oven roasted