The Urban Tea Merchant Vancouver Downtown invited us to Spring start their Sakura Tea Afternoon Tea service. Two spring Singapore TWG Teas are featured – White Spring Tea and Sakura! Sakura! Tea. These two tea are only available once a year during Spring season.
- Sakura! Sakura! Tea: An ode to spring, this fragrant TWG Tea blend evokes Kyoto’s most celebrated season. A scattering of cherry blossoms and green tea yields a most aromatic and elegant fragrance.
- White Spring Tea: The landscape metamorphoses, hitherto grey and dry, now bright and dewy, the magic of spring transforming the world with fresh silver tips of Yin Zhen white tea and fragrant cherry blossoms. Witness this marvel in the teacup, a blend of two of the most precious and most anticipated miracles of spring.
The Urban Tea Merchant Sakura Tea Service
38 per person | (minimum 2 people)
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne +30
- Northern Divine Caviar spoon +15
- miso-maple glazed sable ﬁsh in butter lettuce
- “Dignitary’s Tea” chicken cone
- smoked salmon ribbon with ponzu jelly
- “Red Chai” beef carpaccio with horseradish foam
- “Singapore Breakfast Tea” seared tuna tataki
- TWG Tea macaron
- “Sakura! Sakura!” dessert sushi
- “Matcha Nara” madeleine
- “Rum Tea” pecan tart
There were a few crowd favorites that remained on the menu such as the miso-maple glazed sable fish, chicken cone, smoked salmon ribbon with ponzu jelly. This year Sakura Tea Service included a new concept: dessert sushi. The sushi rice is tea infused with Sakura! Sakura! Tea and layered with sweet tea infused jelly . The tea was fragrant albeit the rice was a tad mushy. The pecan tart and the matcha madeleine were my favorite – neither too sweet and had good bite.
You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming. – Pablo Neruda
The Urban Tea Merchant Vancouver
Cuisine: Tea Rooms, Desserts, Pacific Northwest
Hours: Monday to Sunday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
1070 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2Y2