“I don’t like cake” said no one ever! Especially if it is a Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake! Right?! Christmas holidays are coming up and so are potlucks and gatherings. Every year, we struggle with a last minute mad rush to Costco to buy something to bring to house parties. This year, I said “No more! We are bringing something homemade!” And maybe a specialty advent calendar as a Christmas gift to set the mood!
Personally, I like cakes that are not too sweet. And I love lemony flavors! It’s super fresh and happy to look at. So I’m sharing with you this simple easy to make Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake recipe. I call it a cake very loosely. I mean, you can probably call it a Super Moist Lemon Lavender Loaf or Super Moist Lemon Lavender Bread… We’re not choosy. But a cake definitely sounds more festive!
We are also giving away a 8″ Baker’s Secret Square Cake Pan. Read down below for more info!
This lemon cake is for serious lemon lovers. I picked up a bunch of fresh lemons from the farmer’s market and couldn’t help to make myself a fresh batch! The lemony flavors lies in the zest. Adding more zest will add lemon flavor without the bitterness.
I was curious to see if there were any cool and eloquent lemon quotes on the internet. All I found were “if life gives you lemons, make lemonades”… We checked that one off our list by making some Lavender Lemonade.
World Kitchen recently sent us a Baker’s Secret 5 Piece Easy Store Bakeware Set. It’s pretty rad. As its name indicates, this Baker’s Secret bakeware set is easy to store. Each piece nests and stacks with the others for compact, space-saving storage. The pieces also are easy to use and they have nonstick surfaces (safe for metal utensils!) and are dishwasher safe.
Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe
Lemon Lavender Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 lemons zest (4 if you like it extra lemony)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs French lavender flower buds (I use Cote D’Azur)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- pinch salt
Lemon Glaze Optional
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tbs lemon juice
Lemon Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease the bottom of your Baker’s Secret 6 cup muffin pan or the 4” x 8” medium loaf pan. Line with parchment paper if desired.
- In a medium sized bowl, gently whisk dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder) together. Set aside.
- In your KitchenAid stand mixer (or in a large bowl), cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs, lavender buds and lemon zest at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in dry flour mixture and buttermilk at medium speed for 2 minutes. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for:
- Bake until directed or until toothpick inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Cool off and rest for 10 minutes before removing from pan onto a wired rack.
Lemon Glaze Directions
- If would like to add a lemony glaze, whisk all lemon glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
- Poke some small holes to the top of the lemon cake with toothpicks or a fork.
- Brush the glaze on top of the bread. The little holes will allow the bread to absorb the glaze quicker.
- Rest and let set for a few minutes before adding another layer (if desired).
- Store in an airtight container.
Congrats Jessica C! You have won yourself a new BAKER’S SECRET SQUARE CAKE PAN!
This post is sponsored by World Kitchen monetarily and with product.