Okra is one of my favorite vegetables. Okra is a very low calorie vegetables that is packed with rich dietary fibers, minerals, and vitamins (vitamin A, vitamin B, beta-carotene, xanthin and lutein). Each okra pod are also a good source of important minerals such as calcium, iron, manganese and magnesium. I typically like to stir fry okra with garlic. Today, I purchased Samuel Adams Boston Lager at my local BC Liquor Store. A quick search on their website will tell you the nearest BCLDB store. So I decided to show you a quick and easy Samuel Adams Beer Batter Tempura Okra Recipe.
One thing I really like about using beer in my tempura batter compared to cracking an egg, is that the carbonation in beer lightens the batter and makes everything crispier. If you prefer a lighter beer batter, option for a Samuel Adams Rebel IPA version a darker Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
The flavor profile of Samuel Adams Boston Lager compliments well with the Okra. It has a balance of malty sweetness, spiciness of hop and a smooth finish. And it also has a fairly high carbonation. Perfect to lift and brighten the tempura batter mixture. I first discovered Samuel Adams beer at Harvest Haus Vancouver Oktoberfest Festival.
Easy to make Beer Batter Tempura Okra Recipe with Samuel Adams Beer. PREP 5 mins and READY IN 5 mins
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, kosher salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Stir in 3 cup beer (you can add more or reduce to obtain the texture you desired).
- Coat okra or your choice of vegetable with batter.
- Meanwhile heat canola oil in shallow fry pan or wok.
- Once the oil is heated, flash fried the beer battered okra.
- Allow 5 to 7 mins to cook or until golden brown
- Remove from oil with wooden chopsticks or slotted spoon.
- Set on paper towel to absorb extra oil.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve with garlic aioli and splash of lemon wedges.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
Samuel Adams beer batter tempura okra is best served with garlic aioli. Garlic aioli is easy to make also. Simply mix 2 garlic cloves pressed, ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt, ½ cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoon olive oil and splash of lemon juice. Mix well and enjoy.
We hope you will enjoy this Samuel Adams beer batter recipe! Please leave us a comment if you would like to see similar recipes on Nomss.