How To Roast Beets Easy
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Wash and pat dry beets with a kitchen paper towel.
- Slice the beet tops off. Cut the beets in half if your beets are too big.
- Add beets, olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt in a large bowl. Toss beets and evenly coat.
- Layer beets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Add 1/4 inch of water to the pan.
- Place beets into the oven and roast for approximately 45 minutes or until the beets are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest.
- Once the beets cool to room temperature, place the beets under cold running water and slide the peels off.
- Pro Tip: Wear kitchen gloves to avoid staining your hands with beet juice.
- Using a sharp knife, quarter beets into wedges and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and extra virgin olive oil. Reserve.
Assemble the Best Beet Salad with Dried Figs, Tomato and Arugula
- Let's assemble the delicious arugula, beets and dried fig salad recipe by adding baby arugula, thinly sliced radishes and diced tomatoes to a large bowl.
- Our favourite Easy Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing is quick to make and calls for simple ingredients. This tangy dressing is amazingly delicious!
- When ready to mix up your arugula, fig and tomato salad, place beets on top and drizzle salad dressing onto the greens.
- Pro Tip: I recommend adding salad dressing to the serving bowl with just the right amount of salad.
- Or serve the salad dressing in a small bowl as a side salad. This way, the salad will not get soggy and stay fresh and extra crunchy as leftovers in the fridge.
Optional Add-Ons To Your Own Preferences
- I like adding thinly sliced red onions to add extra zip to the salad.
- Experiment and top with plant-based or dairy soft cheeses and turn it into an arugula goat cheese salad with beets and apples.
- Scatter candied walnuts or pecans, or pine nuts for extra crunch.
- Top your hearty green salad with alfalfa sprouts (did you know you can grow alfalfa sprouts quickly at home?) and chia seeds.