Phnom Penh Cambodian style fried chicken wings recipe – light and crispy. Easy to make in 30 minutes. Actifry Air Fryer recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup corn starch
Chicken Wing Marinade
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4–6 garlic (minced)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 3–4 tbsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper salt
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tbsp butter (for air fryer)
- 1 stalk fine chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, mix fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, and minced garlic.
- Add chicken wings, toss and let marinade in fridge for 20 minutes. (Longer is ok too)
- In a large bowl, place corn starch and coat the chicken wings. Shake off excess flour.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter if you want that extra garlic butter flavour. For a healthier version, you do not need to add any oil. The chicken wings will give off enough oil for cooking.
- Using a pair of tongs, add the chicken wings to the air fryer pan.
- Turn on Actifry and set timer to 25 minutes.
- Enjoy that glass of wine and come back with the timer beeps.
- On a rack or paper towels, let the chicken wings rest for a few minutes. Be careful – the chicken wings are VERY HOT straight out of the air fryer! You do not want to burn your tongue!
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, white pepper powder and black pepper salt. You will want enough pepper so that the lime juice turn into a grey-ish colour.
Dip your wings in that peppery lime sauce and enjoy!
If you do not have an air fryer you can bake the chicken wings for 45 minutes at 420F. Flipping every 20 to 30 mins.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: chicken wings, air fryer, actifry, phnom phen, cambodian style, 金邊, 炸雞翅, 金邊炸雞翅