Over the years, Famoso Italian Pizzeria + Bar has been offering Italian dishes and Neapolitan pizza in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and other Canadian cities. We love their authentic Naples pizza – a thin, crisp crust, soft centre and fresh 100% Canadian cow’s milk mozzarella. Few days ago we got to try their new menu now available in Metro Vancouver (Commercial Drive and Guildford Town Centre), soon to be available at all locations across Canada. Here’s a sneak peek and a chance to win $100 Gift Card and a jar of Campania tomato sauce!
Starting the evening off right with some tasty appetizers:
Baked Garlic Shrimp: skillet style shrimp, garlic oil and Grana Padano with rustic crostini.
Pork + Veal Ricotta Meatballs: Super juicy meatballs over Authentico tomato sauce, Grana Padano, ricotta, extra virgin olive oil and served with garlic flatbread.
Spanish Chorizo & Polenta: Oven roasted spicy chorizo sausage served with creamy Mascarpone hand milled polenta and portobello mushrooms.
Sandwiches: Perfect for those craving something lighter or in a hurry.
- Chicken Pesto Artichoke: Oven roasted marinated chicken breast, pesto, melted Provolone, warm peppers and artichoke, arugula on a crispy grilled focaccia.
- Brooklyn Deli (Wiseguy): Oven crackling baguette, balsamic, olive oil, prosciutto, soppressata, capicola, Provolone, romaine, vine tomatoes and Italian drizzle.
Rigatoni Bolognese: Simple homestyle Italian meat sauce, Grana Padano and served with garlic bread.
What is Grano Padano? Grando Padamo is a hard, slow-ripened, semi-fat, cow’s-milk cheese from Italy, comparable to Parmigiano Reggiano.
Fettuccine Pesto Primavera: Creamy garlic, olive oil, basil and Grana Padano.
Chicken Parmigiana: Forno roasted breaded chicken breast, Authentico Pomodoro, Provolone, Parmesan and linguine. Perfect toddler & kids meal that they’ll love to eat!
Il Diablo Pizza: Served individual or family size. This thin crusted pizza is made with authentic Campania tomato sauce, fresh fior di latte, smoked Mozzarella, red and green peppers, roasted mushrooms and a Forno Roasted Chorizo sausage and finished with a drizzle of house-made chili oil.
Famoso Campania Tomato Sauce: For the sixth year, Famoso Pizzeria is partnering with Mealshare to help end youth hunger in #Canada, one jar of tomato sauce at the time. 🍅 🍝 From today through December 31, 2018, for every jar of Campania sauce purchased, meals will be provided to Canadian youth in need right in the community in which the sauce was sold. Get yours today at your nearest Famoso Pizzeria!
WANT TO WIN $100 GIFT CARD TO FAMOSO PRIZE PACK?
To enter this amazing giveaway, you must be Canadian resident (13+ years of age). Complete the following. Your chances increases the more items you complete and the more social media platforms you follow. Good Luck! DEADLINE: December 16, 2018 11:59pm PST
Enter to Win
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us which dish you’d like to eat. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT win @famosopizzeria $100 #giftcard Campania Tomato Sauce from @instanomss #FamosoPizzeria #instanomss #vancouver
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
ABOUT FAMOSO NEAPOLITAN PIZZERIA
They are known for their Naples style pizzas using authentic ingredients to create their Neapolitan pizzas.
- TOMATOES are imported from Campania. Hand-mill them before the oven caramelizes them to perfection.
- FIOR-DI-LATTE is 100% Canadian cow’s milk mozzarella. Invented in Naples, this cheese is rich and creamy.
- BASIL is hand-torn and is the Italian herb topping on many dishes.
- FLOUR is highly refined and low-gluten, making for easy digestion and endless enjoyment. ‘00’ Flour produces an amazingly soft yet crispy pizza crust.
- PIZZAS are hand-tossed by our expert team of Pizzaiolos – pizza-makers trained by Famoso’s certified founders – then fired in an authentic bell-shaped oven imported from Italy for 90 seconds at 900ºF.
Famoso Italian Pizzeria + Bar
Cuisine: Italian, Pizza
Mon 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Tue 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Wed 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Thu 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Fri 11:00 am – 12:00 am
Sat 11:00 am – 12:00 am
Sun 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
1380 Commercial Dr, Vancouver, BC V5L 3X6
Phone: (604) 251-2292