Eat At Home is a pleasant surprise. This is a recent favourite cookbook of mine. It includes a selection of easy DIY blends, spices, marmalade, sauces in addition to easy recipes for soups, salads, main dishes (like fall off the bone ribs), sides, desserts and more. Voula Halliday‘s tasty meals are not very complicated and doesn’t take too long to make.
- I Want To Do It All
- Flavour Fixes – spice blends, pastes, sauces
- Baked Goods and Treats
EAT AT HOME contains over 150 recipes that show how easy it is to cook fresh, healthy, tasty meals every day of the week, including how to buy only what you will use, use everything you have on hand, swap ingredients without sweating it, and transform extras into Loveable Leftovers so you waste nothing.
My favourite recipes that I’ve bookmarked include:
- Citrus Burst Energy Bars
- Super Seedy Fattoush Salad
- Finger Licking Ribs in a Flash
- Meatless Zucchini Bolognese
- Savoury Cheesecake with Crumbled Bacon Sour Cream Topping
The first thing I made was Voula’s Finger Licking Ribs in a Flash. I love this recipe because I can make it in my Instant Pot in 15 minutes! If you are still thinking about getting an Instant Pot, you should! It’s so easy to use and you can make so many amazing meals in a blink of an eye!
Pressure Cooker Finger-Licking Ribs in a Flash
Melt-in- your-mouth ribs that cook in 15 minutes? Yes, it’s possible! With a pressure cooker, you can cook delicious food in double-quick time.
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 6–8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup strained tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup liquid honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 31/2 lb pork back ribs, cut into two- rib portions
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Step 1 Place onion, minced garlic, tomatoes, vinegar, honey (if using), paprika, salt, and pepper in your pressure cooker. Stir to combine. Add ribs and toss until evenly coated in sauce.
- Step 2 Lock the lid of the cooker and bring to pressure over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, just to maintain even pressure, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Step 3 Remove from the heat and let the pressure drop naturally. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Step 4 Transfer the ribs to a serving platter. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Step 5 Using a spoon or a ladle, remove and discard fat from the sauce.
- Step 6 Pour remaining sauce into a small bowl to serve alongside the ribs.
- Step 7 **If you’re cooking this on an electric burner, it’s best to remove the pressure cooker from the burner once it has reached full pressure and then turn down the element and wait a moment for it to cool before returning the pressure cooker to the heat to continue cooking.
Excerpted from Eat At Home © 2017 Voula Halliday. Published byCast Iron Press®. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Plenty of healthy recipes to help you jump start your diet. Make juice cleanses at home and tips on how to maintain a balanced yet healthy diet. Recipes can be easily modified to work with kitchen sink ingredients.
Where to Purchase?
Eat From Home by Voula Halliday
Paperback: 312 pages
Publisher: Cast Iron Press; 1st edition (2017)
Parcel Dimensions: 20.6 x 15.8 x 3 cm
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
- ISBN-10: 0987839306
Enter to Win
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us which recipe you would make first. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT to win @EatAtHome_Voula #cookbook from @instanomss & #instanomss #cookbook #recipes #homecook #eatathome
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
- Instagram double tap, tag a friend and comment on @Instanomss. Look for the image above!
About Voula Halliday
Voula Halliday is a chef, writer, and artist with diverse and extensive experience in the food industry. A proud graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, she has presented her work on morning television and radio shows, and was one of the chef experts on CBC Television’s award-winning daytime show Steven and Chris. Most recently, she appeared on CTV’s Your Morning to whip up her yummy Apple Cheddar Chicken Muffins and Bacon and Cheddar Quinoa Fritters.
Voula’s first appearance on Steven and Chris came about after she was discovered by one of the producers who was volunteering at a Public School where Voula served as the executive chef and program coordinator. She brought Voula onto the show after being taken by her warm personality and the way in which she transformed the usually mundane and unhealthy school lunches into fresh, nutritious and delicious meals for the students and faculty. Voula’s work has appeared in print and digital formats in a variety of publications, including Chatelaine, National Post, Reader’s Digest, and Bon Appétit.