Double-Steamed Snow Pear with Fritillaria Bulb Recipe | 川貝燉雪梨 This Chinese Medicinal food therapy is perfect for seasonal coughs that are persistent . This delicious and easy to make recipe will help you soothe and reduce swelling, nourish lungs, clear phlegm and reduce heat.
咳個不停: 川貝有化痰止咳、清熱潤燥、消腫散結功效，川貝由於性微寒, 只適用於治療熱咳、燥咳，如乾咳或痰黃，或口乾舌燥等症狀
- 19 grams Fritillaria Bulb 川貝 (1/2 兩)
- 1 Snow Pear (peeled, core removed, diced or sliced)
- 50 gramsRock Sugar (approx 2 medium sized rocks)
- 2 Fresh Lily Bulbs 鮮百合 (optional)
- Wash the Fritillaria Bulb 川貝 and soak in water for approximately to remove impurities.
- Rinse Fritillaria Bulb 川貝 and add to small ramekin.
- Wash, peel and remove core from the snow pear. Either dice or slice and place into ramekin.
- Do not add water.
- Cover ramekin with lid
- Place wire rack into InstantPot and add approximately 1 cup of water to the bottom.
Place ramekin on top of wire rack.
- Set InstantPot to manual high pressure for 1 hour.
If you do not have an InstantPot, the same results can be achieved over stove top in a pot for 2 hours. Make sure you cover the small ramekin with a lid to maintain pressure and heat.
Keywords: Double Steamed, InstantPot, Recipe, Dessert, Double-Steamed, Snow Pear, Fritillaria Bulb, 川貝燉雪梨, Chinese Medicinal, food therapy, 雪梨、百合、川貝, 川貝母粉、冰糖, 燉盅