Over the holidays, I had a lot of time to catch up on some Netflix and began watching Food Inc / Les alimenteurs (Bilingual Edition) and Hungry for Change . They are excellent documentaries if you haven’t seen them yet. I have heard all the negatives or feed lot, GMO Genetically modified food etc. The thought of eating processed food and fast junk food repulsed me. With that being said, we normally don’t consume a lot of those anyways. But sometimes it’s hard to stay away from those McD’s fries. Than one day we went shopping for a Breville Juice Fountain Plus .
We also considered the benefits of juicing or a juice cleanse readily available at home, rather than purchased via BluePrint Cleanse or The Juice Cleanse via the Juice Truck. Understand that these are cold pressed juicing compared to blistng. But the thought of paying $195 for a 3 day cleanse ate away at my wallet literally.
So what did we do? We went and purchased a Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus for $149 sale on Amazon is a great entry level juicer. Vitamix 1732 TurboBlend VS Blender was too expensive and I need to make sure I’m committed before investing more.
What are my initial thoughts? Review on the Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus ?
- Great entry level juicer for the price
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Can fit whole apples
- Slightly noisy. The motor is super loud especially on “high speed”
- Mesh grill is a little hard to clean.
- Some waste to the pulp could be salvaged
- some small berries are better off using a blender or Magic Bullet
- Dishwasher-safe parts, includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
- Large capacity 2.6 qt (2.5 L) pulp container
- Juice Jug Capacity: Improved 1.1 qt (1 L) Juice Jug with froth separator
- Feed Chute Size: Patented 3.3" (84mm) with cutting knife to center produce
- Juicing Disc Filter: Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins and minerals than other juicers
- 2 speed electronic control – High Speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables - 12,000 RPM
- Low Speed for leafy vegetables and soft fruit- 6,500 RPM
- Safety Features: Safety lock mechanism prevents unsafe operation
- Additional Features: Overload Protection LED
- Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Filter Basket
- Heavy Grade Polymer Body
- Stainless Steel Cutters
- Safety Locking Arm
- Large Capacity Pulp Container
- Improved 1.1 qt (1 L) Juice Jug with froth separator
- Cleaning Brush for the Micro Mesh Filter Basket
- Patented 3" (7.6cm) Extra-wide Chute processes whole fruits and vegetables without precutting
- 850 watts