This Vietnamese Spicy Camarel Turkey Wing recipe is easy, big on flavour, yet quick to make! This simple oven turkey wing recipe is rich and tangy.
- 6 turkey wings (tips removed, most are sold this way)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or 1/4 cup honey)
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bird’s eye chili (thinly diced, deseeded if you prefer less heat)
- Preheat oven to 425°F for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the turkey wings in a large bowl and pour the lime juice, brown sugar, parika powder, salt and black pepper, olive oil, fish sauce, garlic powder and bird’s eye chili.
- Toss until each piece is evenly coated.
- Place the turkey wings on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the turkey wings for 35-40 minutes, flipping over halfway.
- Rotate the turkey wings one last time and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with a few thinly sliced bird’s eye chili, cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Rotating and flipping helps the turkey wings burning on one side.
- Use a heavy duty commercial baking sheet that won’t warp in the oven. This is the baking sheet and cooling rack I use.
- Try making this recipe with turkey thighs. Grill the cutlets to add to your rice and top it off with a fried egg! Remember to pound the turkey into thin cutlets.
Keywords: Vietnamese Spicy Caramel Turkey Wings, spicy chili wing recipe, fish sauce, how to bake turkey wings, canadian turkey